It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
richlind33: Why do you repeat yourself ad nauseum? Do you have OCD?
Says the guy who replies to my posts with no actual argument/inputs but is just trolling? Yeah ok
Why would anyone bother hacking a GOG account?
low rated
MarkoH01: "Unsubstantiated" is a nice word to call something that obviously is just there to create a panic.
===========================
It's not that I don't believe the OP wasn't affected at all and I would not even have said anything at all if this would have been the only thing in the OP. But telling us that many others were as well without ANY proof and adding to this that data has been stolen that GOG does not even store (see the post of PaterAlf) ....
=============================
If you call that condescending that's up to you. I for one wanted to make clear that we should be careful to distinguish between proven facts and heresay since unfortunately especially GOG has a history with people getting mad about the latter and it's getting a bit tiresome sometimes. So if you should feel offended I deeply and sincerely apologize. THAT was not the reason I posted.
It's usually "unsubstantiated"(until proven) when one takes a more logical(and less emptional/impulse driven) approach to new information/posts/threads. Yes, stuff can be just there to cause panic/problems, but one shouldn't automatically see things as such without some checking/deduction taken first.
=========================
I agree that THAT does seem a good bit suspect.
=========================
I wasn't offended and I agree we should always clear stuff up as much as possible when posting replies/reading replies.

kai2: I'll say this...

With the growing PC store/launcher wars, expect more of these "GOG's been hacked," "Why GOG sux," "GOG isn't what it used to be," etc. threads. Hate to see it, but disinformation and "seeding" a community with "false discontent" (not saying all criticism of GOG is wrong or false) is standard operating procedure for business now.
To be fair, I imagine some GOG users probably use their steam accounts(if any) to mention how steam/epic are the devil/etc from time to time(or just to make civil critiques of said platforms). Sometimes the best "forum" to talk about how much something "sucks" is the platform's forum itself.

Yes, you could email/chat with staff of said platforms, but due to NDAs/company policy they might not be able to tell you much(on steam/GOG/epic) about their policies/inner workings

richlind33: Why do you repeat yourself ad nauseum? Do you have OCD?
satoru: Says the guy who replies to my posts with no actual argument/inputs but is just trolling? Yeah ok
Dude(mam?), you should probably quit while you're "ahead". Also, reposting the same point over and over probably makes some low rate you so much. Just a bit of friendly advice. :)

===================================================
(Addition: This will probably get low rated as "whiny"/etc, but why was post#119 low-rated? I merely answered a question on someone asking why GOG accounts might be hacked. I didn't say they would be, and I said my reply civilly without trying to cause a panic/disruption.

Also, why are ALL/most of satoru's replies low rated? Is he/she considered a troll, or is it because they repeated alot of stuff?

I agree posts 117/118 are a bit political/offtopic and should be low rated though.)
Post edited April 13, 2019 by GameRager
This troll thread is never going to die out...
high rated
GameRager: Also, why are ALL/most of satoru's replies low rated? Is he/she considered a troll, or is it because they repeated alot of stuff?
It probably has more to do with the fact he's a Steam forum moderator whose 'contribution' to GOG consists mostly of persistently negative tone comments about GOG on GOG forums with no sense of self-awareness regarding conflict of interest...
low rated
GameRager: Also, why are ALL/most of satoru's replies low rated? Is he/she considered a troll, or is it because they repeated alot of stuff?
AB2012: It probably has more to do with the fact he's a Steam forum moderator whose 'contribution' to GOG consists mostly of persistently negative tone comments about GOG on GOG forums with no sense of self-awareness regarding conflict of interest...
A Saboteur! Off with his head!
AB2012: Do all these people have 2-factor authentication turned on? (Hover over username -> Privacy & Settings -> Login And Security -> Two-Step Login)

Steam is plagued with the same thing (over 77,000 accounts hijacked per month):-
https://gamerant.com/77000-steam-accounts-hacked-monthly/
2 Factor on GOG sucks. If somebody loses their email address, the attacker then has the necessary access to make all the changes they like. They don't even need access to the email account, they could potentially just sniff the emails as they're sent. Granted, that's easier said than done, but it's still an issue.

GoG should really be offering real 2FA, it's not like the necessary hardware is very expensive to buy these days.
kalirion: Why would anyone bother hacking a GOG account?
That's a great question. Other than trolling, there's not much point. Any game that is on here is probably available on certain nautical themed sites anyways. And apart from trying to operate some sort of scam via a compromised account, I'm curious what the point would be.
Post edited April 13, 2019 by hedwards
kalirion: Why would anyone bother hacking a GOG account?
Satoru would. But don't ask him why. lol
kai2: I'll say this...

With the growing PC store/launcher wars, expect more of these "GOG's been hacked," "Why GOG sux," "GOG isn't what it used to be," etc. threads. Hate to see it, but disinformation and "seeding" a community with "false discontent" (not saying all criticism of GOG is wrong or false) is standard operating procedure for business now.
toxicTom: And "GOG should introduce DRM, if only for a year" :-(
You wangling to be a Steam mod? lol
Post edited April 14, 2019 by richlind33
low rated
AB2012: It probably has more to do with the fact he's a Steam forum moderator whose 'contribution' to GOG consists mostly of persistently negative tone comments about GOG on GOG forums with no sense of self-awareness regarding conflict of interest...
Damn. If that's the case then I must say his comments are much more suspect. :\

(Just a quick question: Not to throw doubt into the mix, but is it the same person or just someone with the same name/han dle? Seriously asking here.)

MadalinStroe: This troll thread is never going to die out...
If only one could sage a reply(as in reply but not bump the thread to the front page). That way, one could reply if one felt the need(such as people like me who feel the need to reply to replies/certain posts) without bringing the thread back into the spotlight.
Post edited April 17, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: Damn. If that's the case then I must say his comments are much more suspect. :\

(Just a quick question: Not to throw doubt into the mix, but is it the same person or just someone with the same name/han dle? Seriously asking here.)
Wasn't it Satoru that was having a personal argument with a disgruntled Steam customer on the forums in the latter half of last year? I seem to recall something like that because it was one of the first real personal vendettas I witnessed here after I joined.
When I enter GoG community, it opens my chrome browser and has a facebook help link and my facebook is not even logged in or asssociated with GoG. Something is wrong. It only does it when i enter community.
low rated
Now that Galaxy might be compromised, by facebook then this thread might turn out to be true.
GameRager: (Just a quick question: Not to throw doubt into the mix, but is it the same person or just someone with the same name/han dle? Seriously asking here.)
I'm sure it was confirmed in one of the other threads last year when people grew suspicious of the overly enthusiastic advocacy (including "Steam's DRM isn't DRM and even if it were it would be the fault of everyone except Steam." style outbursts). He never volunteers it directly though...

Tauto: Now that Galaxy might be compromised, by facebook then this thread might turn out to be true.
Whilst I don't want that hacking side of things to be true for those that use Galaxy, with any luck it might re-elevate GOG's interest in treating "backup" installers equally again:-
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/give_offline_backup_installers_colored_buttons_like_gog_galaxy_installers
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/more_detail_on_offline_installer_pages
low rated
GameRager: (Just a quick question: Not to throw doubt into the mix, but is it the same person or just someone with the same name/han dle? Seriously asking here.)
AB2012: I'm sure it was confirmed in one of the other threads last year when people grew suspicious of the overly enthusiastic advocacy (including "Steam's DRM isn't DRM and even if it were it would be the fault of everyone except Steam." style outbursts). He never volunteers it directly though...

Tauto: Now that Galaxy might be compromised, by facebook then this thread might turn out to be true.
AB2012: Whilst I don't want that hacking side of things to be true for those that use Galaxy, with any luck it might re-elevate GOG's interest in treating "backup" installers equally again:-
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/give_offline_backup_installers_colored_buttons_like_gog_galaxy_installers
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/more_detail_on_offline_installer_pages
Agree.
low rated
GameRager: Damn. If that's the case then I must say his comments are much more suspect. :\

Braggadar: Wasn't it Satoru that was having a personal argument with a disgruntled Steam customer on the forums in the latter half of last year? I seem to recall something like that because it was one of the first real personal vendettas I witnessed here after I joined.
You seem to be confused since that user was actively lying about literally everything about their experience with Steam to get on some kind of 'pity train'. He just got uppity when someone called him out on his bullshit on steam and on reddit.
AB2012: I'm sure it was confirmed in one of the other threads last year when people grew suspicious of the overly enthusiastic advocacy (including "Steam's DRM isn't DRM and even if it were it would be the fault of everyone except Steam." style outbursts). He never volunteers it directly though...
Again you're free to ignore facts but again

1) steam isn't DRM, if it was there could not be, by definition, drm free games on steam

https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

2) Steamworks isnt DRM

https://twitter.com/icculus/status/471441666419990528?lang=en

3) you can incorporate literally every steamworks feature available and have your game be 100% DRM free as literally every game by Larian has every Steamworks feature including multiplayer but is 100% DRM free on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/243950/Divinity_Dragon_Commander/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/373420/Divinity_Original_Sin__Enhanced_Edition/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/Divinity_Original_Sin_2__Definitive_Edition/

Are you willing to refute facts or are you going to resort to ad hominem attacks.
sordadead: When I enter GoG community, it opens my chrome browser and has a facebook help link and my facebook is not even logged in or asssociated with GoG. Something is wrong. It only does it when i enter community.
note that GOG incorporates OpenID from Facebook. You should basically see that if you attempt to log into GOG pretty much anywhere. Using incognito mode, for me I can see the login prompt on chome shows the Facebook OpenID button on the Store page, Forums and Support.
Post edited April 17, 2019 by satoru