It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mortius1: If only it had occurred to us to work together. We would all be enjoying eternal youth.

But no, we had to be selfish. Even me. I had completely forgotten the existence of the other archaeologists standing next to me when I formulated my plan.
Very true, mixing the cocktail of youth and not sharing a few shots with everyone else is a serious breach of adventurer's etiquette. Shame on you.

Everyone still alive please report this offence to your appointed Yeti or Guinea Pig superintendent.
I hadn't noticed the hole. Damn it.

I look up at the guinea pig as I close my eyes. I flash back on my life. I've done nothing up until this moment.

I've finally conquered my fears.

I've finally gone on a real adventure.

I've looked at myself from a different perspective - for a brief moment of time. That brief moment of time I felt something I haven't felt in a long time.

I hear the thundering footsteps of Noremac and the taps of Matthew's. They must finish my quest.

Now I remember how I felt.

I felt... youthful.

I might not have attained eternal youth, but either way, I was certainly going to die a youth.

I felt satisfied. I have completed my quest.

Maybe the real Elixir of Youth was the adventure we had along the way...
Post edited August 31, 2021 by slurredprey
Well at least i served for Dinner ;)
RIP Jack London... Your horrorized screaming helped to a great & nutritive digestion... what a banquet! :)
I guess the Harbinger of Doom only harbinged his own doom.

Lol for real, I loved the creativity in this giveaway!
A dice roll of 10 or higher is required to grab the Elixir of Youth and escape the cavern.

13 - The Last indie bender AKA mr.EA (ywzywz) rolls 6 + 6 = 12 (•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
You make your way down to confront the elderly Chinese gentleman (cloaked figure) about the dodgy potion he sold you on your journey here.
He smiles and taps the box around your waist with his cane. You open it and pull out a piece of paper. Written on the paper is the message 'Congratulations, you winner baby!'.
The Chinaman waves his hand and the golden bottle floats over to you. He then pulls out a suitcase of money that he passes to you before bowing and directing you to the rope bridge and the exit.
Congratulations you have escaped with the Elixir of Youth.

14 - Kangiana (zaMNal) rolls 6 + 3 = 9
You peer over the top of the waterfall to see your prize sitting on an altar below. You check the jetpack that you bought from an elderly Chinese gentleman dressed as Duke Nukem is strapped on properly. Then you press the green button and step forwards into the air.
The bottom of the jetpack opens up and bricks on ropes drop out dragging you down to your doom.
Your quest has failed.

15 - Og'rialt (gogtrial34987) rolls 5 + 5 = 10
After consulting with a particularly fat louse in your gross beard, you set about making a disguise. Using a cutting board, sticky taffy and a picture of a miniature giant space hamster you create a mask.
Strolling across the bridge you stop in front of the altar and face the cloaked figure. "Not the cloaked figure I was looking for" you grumble.
The Pygmies gather around, puzzled by your mask. You take the opportunity to trip one of the diminutive folk and shove him into the Chinaman.
In the confusion you grab a bottle (gold) and run for the rope bridge. Slingshots and spears rattle of the ground around you as run whooping over the bridge and into the dark tunnel.

16 - Vstalpozde Neprisel (truhlik) rolls 4 + 4 = 8
You consult your risk assessment book before deciding on a course of action. You leap onto a vine and make your way down to the altar. Everyone seems preoccupied with a dirty dwarf at the moment so you take the chance and quaff the blue bottles contents.
Panic takes hold as your limbs contort and meld into your body. You have turned into a giant ham and topple over onto your side. You can only watch on in despair as the Pygmies come back and lift you above their heads as puddles of drool form at their feet.
Your quest has failed.

17 - Bruce Strine (Mortius1) rolls 2 + 3 = 5
You make your way to the altar where you are surrounded by Pygmy warriors. You hand them your gun to show that you mean them no harm. As the cloaked figure watches you take the blue bottle and pour its contents into the red bottle.
You prepare to shake the bottle and mix the two potions together into a new concoction. If you had taken the time to look up you would have noticed how everyone has moved far away from you.
You don't though and instead shake the bottle before being blown to smithereens as the potions cause a cataclysmic explosion. The Pygmies start collecting your body parts to put into their stew pot.
Your quest has failed.

18 - Albrrt MacGuffin (Orkhepaj) rolls 3 + 5 = 8
Having been forced onto the rope bridge with a gun to your head, you start laughing. You reach back and grab his balls, squeezing hard and hear his shocked gasp. No-one uses you as a meat-shield you think as you swing your arm back to elbow him in the head.
You connect firmly but unfortunately as he topples of the bridge he also pulls the trigger and blows your brains out. You slump to your belly, dead.
Your quest has failed.
oh no
I knew waiting for others wont go well :I
hmm someone surely stole all the luck with that double 6
Orkhepaj: oh no
I knew waiting for others wont go well :I
hmm someone surely stole all the luck with that double 6
Finally killed you. Ha!
high rated
A dice roll of 10 or higher is required to grab the Elixir of Youth and escape the cavern.

19 - Mortimer Wormfeedersehen (Wirvington) rolls 6 + 4 = 10
You take a hat left behind by a fallen adventurer to hide your baldness and make your way across the bridge to the altar. Your hands shake as you are surrounded by angry Pygmies as you take the golden bottle. You drink the contents anyway seeing as you have nothing to lose.
The natives raise their spears and you prepare to meet your maker when a collective gasp of astonishment rises up around you.
Opening your eyes you weep for joy at the luscious locks of hair that cascade from your bonce down to the ground. The Pygmies bow in reverence as you make your way across the rope bridge and into the dark tunnel.

20 - Lucky (PMPMGamer) rolls 4 + 6 = 10
Having let other suckers, sorry adventurers, go before you, you shimmy down a vine and stealthily follow some guy trying to hide his baldness under a hat.
You consider the manmade hole but the sound of rodent teeth crunching bone puts you off that idea.
The bald guy drinks the golden potion and all of a sudden has more hair than is natural for a man. You see another golden bottle magically appear to replace the one he took and sneak it into your rucksack.
You then wrap yourself in his long trusses and sneak out behind him past the Pygmies.

21 - Diego Bartolomeu (nevarRed) rolls 2 + 3 = 5
Head pounding and vision blurry you stagger onto the rope bridge. Your foot slips on some splattered brains and you fall through a gap in the ropes to smash of the rocks below.
Your quest has failed.

22 - Delaware Thompson (DiffuseReflection) rolls 1 + 5 = 6
You use your whip to latch onto a vine and stealthily make your way down to the hole by the altar. You wait for a Pygmy
to throw some rubbish down and then leave before sticking your arm in the hole to rummage around for what assume will be the real Elixir of Youth.
Your arm jerks suddenly and you open your mouth in a silent scream as something powerful and furry drags you into the hole to your doom.
Your quest has failed.

23 - Americo Cortez (KetobaK) rolls 5 + 5 = 10
You run and jump off the waterfall while cracking your whip, catching a vine as you descend. Landing on top of a Pygmy you spin and kick another in the groin as he charges you.
With no time to spare you grab for the red bottle but it changes colour to gold as you take it. Cursing and praying that gold is the actual elixir, you rush across the bridge and homewards to save the love of your life.

24 - Jack Hammerfast (arsalan12) rolls 4 + 5 = 9
You pull your hat down over your eyes and calmly walk across the bridge as all hell breaks loose around you. Your breath comes in shorts gasps and you are drenched in sweat as you keep walking, ignoring the altar and straight across the second rope bridge and out.
You have left the cavern but you did not collect the elixir.
Your quest has failed.

Thank you to everyone for taking part, I will consult random.org to see who has won a game shortly.
high rated
The winners are:

1 - slurredprey
2 - LaLaLee
3 - LordCephy
4 - Zezione
5 - GamezRanker
6 - Alexim
7 - Clairsentient
8 - DiffuseReflection
9 - ywzywz
10 - phaolo
11 - KetobaK
12 - truhlik

I will contact you in chat with the codes shortly.
Congratulations to the survivors!

Thank you Doc for yet another entertaining adventure.
From just inside the dark tunnel, Og'rialt observes the last of the hapless adventurers run straight past, oblivious to his well concealed presence.

"Now, Lucy," he whispers as he sits back more comfortably, "let us observe what happens to the set after the audience has filed out, and see if we can't catch a whiff of the shadowy director of it all..."
Thank you Doc for Death's Door and this crazy adventure, and congrats to the other winners!
Congratulations to the winners! :)
Congratulations to all the winners! Many thanks to Doc both for the game key, and for running this thrilling adventure for all of us!
Post edited September 03, 2021 by DiffuseReflection