It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
Bandock: The original releases of Alien Versus Predator did in fact have LAN. I know because we own the original retail version (still do) and actually played multiplayer over LAN.
IronArcturus: So the 1999 version of AvP had LAN but not the 2000 version?
Yeah, the original 1999 edition (as well as the original Gold Edition) had LAN support. The re-release that was first sold on Steam does not (at least that's what I have found out).
Post edited October 23, 2014 by Bandock
IronArcturus: So the 1999 version of AvP had LAN but not the 2000 version?
Bandock: Yeah, the original 1999 edition (as well as the original Gold Edition) had LAN support. The re-release that was first sold on Steam does not (at least that's what I have found out).
So why was the re-release so different? I heard the FMV's were changed too.
Bandock: Yeah, the original 1999 edition (as well as the original Gold Edition) had LAN support. The re-release that was first sold on Steam does not (at least that's what I have found out).
IronArcturus: So why was the re-release so different? I heard the FMV's were changed too.
I haven't fully played the re-release yet, but I have noticed some changes. One being the menu screen music has changed (not sure if it was due to the Gold Edition, since we do not have that edition or it has something to do with the re-release). Re-release does have widescreen while the original does not. Also, I heard (last time I played this game was over 12-14 years ago) the original stopped working on later OSes.

Interesting about the FMV change though; I need to play the single player portion to check that out.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by Bandock
Friendly fire should be disabled by default. Intentional team killers have tried to ruin every game I've played so far other than the ones I made myself (with FF off).
So I managed to find the Galaxy Client folder (it would be nice to know where it was installed, or in fact that it was installed.... for several hours now I thought the GOG_Launcer was the Galaxy client....) but for the life of me, I can not make any filesr there run. Not even the Updater or CrashSender. Event viewer shows no information about anything happening.
teleguy: Same here.
Matruchus: Did you send a support request to gog about this? If you did not yet do it then do it as soon as possible so that they can sort you out.
yes, but no reply so far
is it just me or got the speer gun of the predator dramaticlly nerved which would be very lame
I also didn't get my key. Just my fucking luck I guess.
bastar89: Pls, give me one key to test and use this experience!?!
Hope for chance...
Check your messages in account. I sent you a key just incase you haven't checked :)
IronArcturus: So why was the re-release so different? I heard the FMV's were changed too.
Bandock: I haven't fully played the re-release yet, but I have noticed some changes. One being the menu screen music has changed (not sure if it was due to the Gold Edition, since we do not have that edition or it has something to do with the re-release). Re-release does have widescreen while the original does not. Also, I heard (last time I played this game was over 12-14 years ago) the original stopped working on later OSes.

Interesting about the FMV change though; I need to play the single player portion to check that out.
yep it's true, the old version doesn't work on anything above millennium edition,

(well you can install it on xp and win 7 but as soon as you go in game the sound loops and theirs no picture, something to do with the way they coded it back then)

i still own the original 'pic attached'
sadly the instruction book has gotten damp over the years and now has wisps of some type of mould on it's corners plus the staples are rusty, but i'm not getting rid of it, hey it cost me £9.99 in it's day lol :)

it's nice to be able to play this once more, as originally i had this on my win 98 se machine, but could never get it to work after i upgraded to windows xp

i would have liked to have seen a remake of the atari jaguar version but alas my wishes have never been granted ohwell
Attachments:
dsc010891.jpg (471 Kb)
MiB83: is it just me or got the speer gun of the predator dramaticlly nerved which would be very lame
I don't think that the devs are suddenly going to buff or nerf anything in a 14 years old game. It's not a BETA for Rebellion's old game, it's a BETA for GOG's new multiplayer code. Two entirely different things ;)
Didn't receive a key :(

It would be so great if anyone could spare me one...
Johnny_Pfosten: Didn't receive a key :(

But you entered your email-address during the promo to receive a key? If yes you should check spam folder and of not there contact support :-)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/giveaway_aliens_vs_predator_classic_2000/post778
Hello, and a big "thanx" to "chickensoup" ;)
iam install now "AvP" in my libery...!!!

Game on Dude's ...! :)
Johnny_Pfosten: Didn't receive a key :(

moonshineshadow: But you entered your email-address during the promo to receive a key? If yes you should check spam folder and of not there contact support :-)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/giveaway_aliens_vs_predator_classic_2000/post778
Well, I contacted support about 3 days ago and I'm still waiting for a response. Luckily someone else sent me a key.