It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey, GOGgers,

We're not perfect, we're exploring new frontiers, and we make mistakes. We thought DRM-Free was so important that you'd prefer we bring you more DRM-Free games and Fair Price was less critical and that it could be sacrificed in some cases. The last two week's worth of comments in our forums (nearly 10k!), show that's not the case. We didn’t listen and we let you down. We shouldn't sacrifice one of our core values in an attempt to advance another. We feel bad about that, and we're sorry. Us being sorry is not of much use to you, so let’s talk about how we will fix it.

One: DRM-free forever. Abandoning fixed regional pricing means it will probably take longer to get some games, but you've made it clear that sacrificing fair pricing for more DRM-free games isn't acceptable.

Two: We will adamantly continue to fight for games with flat worldwide pricing. If that fails and we are required to have regional prices, we will make up the difference for you out of our own pockets. For now it will be with $5.99 and $9.99 game codes. In a couple of months, once we have such functionality implemented, we will give you store credit instead, which then you will be able to use towards any purchase and cover the price of it in full or partially. Effectively gamers from all around the world will be able to benefit from the US prices.

This will apply to every single game where we do not have flat pricing, such as Age of Wonders 3 (full details here), Divinity: Original Sin, and The Witcher 3. If you remember the Fair Price Package for The Witcher 2, this will be exactly the same.

Three: We still intend to introduce the pricing in local currencies. Let us explain why we want to do it and how we want to make it fair for everyone. From the very beginning our intention was to make things easier for users whose credit cards/payment systems are not natively in USD. The advantages are simple because the price is more understandable and easier to relate to. There would be no exchange rates involved, no transaction fees, and no other hidden charges. However after reading your comments, we realized we have taken an important element away: the choice. In order to fix this, we'll offer the option of paying in the local currency or the equivalent in USD. This way, how you pay is always your choice.

Four: You are what matters, and we will be sure to involve you all more in what we're doing and why we're doing it. Let's start by meeting you at GDC - we’d like to invite you to meet us face-to-face Monday the 17th at GDC. Obviously, not all of you can come to San Francisco, so we want to invite all of you to an online event with us early in April to ask us whatever you would like. More details soon.

The bottom line is simple: there may be companies that won't work with us (although we will work hard to convince the most stubborn ones ;). Yes, it means we might miss out on some games, but at the same time GOG.com will remain true to its values and will keep on offering you the best of DRM-free gaming with Fair Prices.

Once again thank you for caring so much about GOG.com. We will work hard not to disappoint you again.

--Marcin "iWi" Iwinski & Guillaume "TheFrenchMonk" Rambourg
Thanks GOG for hear us, and for be brave enough to say "I was wrong" Not every people/compay is wise and brave enough to do it. We only ask for choice in the currency charged as we are all mature online buyers and I had already stated in the other thread, you could even set an option to tip you, as HB does. If I can avoid a comission for exchange from euros to dollar I could happily give it to GOG for example. Let the power to the people because consumers are lot more mature than it seems at first glance. Thats the basis under DRM-free, copyleft, linux, etc.
Thank you GoG (by this i mean all the people behind the GoG-logo) !

Thank you for staying truthfull to your ideals, thank you for not betraying mine.

You have my deepest gratitude as you have my deepest respect !
Great news GOG! :)
I feel it's unfair to expect GOG to pay the VAT/tax out of their own pockets. But at the same time, pricing like 40$=40€ is just not right. With flat pricing + 20% VAT it would come out at 36€. And that would be a fair price. I think most would tolerate that.
The customer is always right. I guess we'll get the GOG we deserve.
I've been quite vocal last time. Here, just few , but hopefully meaningful words:
Well done! The answer I expected. Respects.
Thankyou GOG for coming to an acceptable solution for everyone.

For those still wanting USD that works just fine, for me it will be GBP and no more transaction / currency conversion fees and my bank charging me for something that is done digitally :)
GOG.com: Abandoning fixed regional pricing means it will probably take longer to get some games, but you've made it clear that sacrificing fair pricing for more DRM-free games isn't acceptable.
Hopefully, people will take this to heart. I certainly don't want to read the words "I already own this game on Steam, but it's nice to see it here, too!" in a release thread ever again.
Post edited March 11, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
Am I the only one who rejoiced when I saw "Getting back to our roots" only to be disappointed when those "roots" actually do not mention the one thing that started gOg off?
GOG! You have my respect! *Salutes* ^_^\
I've been adamantly commenting on that other thread to express my disatisfaction and disarray at what appeared quite a contestable decision (at least in parts) so I'm going to express my cheers here.

I'm just sorry that it is you who will pay for it but at least you've proven you do all that for the good reasons and we will back you up from now on (at least I will :P too bad witcher 3 got delayed - hoping I did not buy a new gtx770 too soon :P).

Quite a couple nice news in this, sirs and ladies.

Thank you,
Congrats,
GOG for the win!
Danaroth: Only honourable men admit their mistakes; I am impressed by your move. That's how you keep building your reputation.
Indeed! GOG continues to surprise and amaze me... this company is without equal.

In short, 'Nobody Does It Better'

You have my utmost respect and admiration ladies and gentlemen!
Post edited March 11, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
I'd only sacrifice Fair Price if it meant I could get drm free versions of games like Half-Life, Half-Life 2 (and other Valve games), id games, GTA series, Max Payne series, Crysis series, etc. Regional pricing is probably the smallest problem in securing those titles though.
low rated
:(

Don´t you guys have the balls?
People don´t know what's best for gog.com, you do!

I really would have liked more publisher's games on gog.com. I personally don´t care for money, I care for games.
I hope this means you found a reasonable compromise to satisfy crybabies and money-whore publishers.

Sorry for my distinctive manner of speech. But gog, you now are lumbered with a pack of stupid entitled fans that think they can talk into every of your decision. I am sorry for you.
Super News. Thanks GOG!