It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

First progress update on Escape Goat 2:

I'm not exactly sure if this game was agood choice. At least not when I want to play Age of Wonders.

So far I've rescued the first four sheep and I absolutely love this game. Level design is top-notch. The puzzles are always fair (even if you might not think so at first). Music is great, graphics are fine and controls (which were already fine in the first game) feel extremely tight.

Can't think of anything to complain about.
1st progress update on else Heart.Break().

I feel this game is rather a sandbox town walking game than adventure.but many lacking dialogs is a bit disappointed.
Anyways, I explored the town a while, and meet a girl, Pixie. Seems like relationship with her is the theme of the game.
I hacked a modifier tool that can open any doors. Also I hacked my credit card to get 10000$ lol.
Right now I'm in deadlock, talking any characters, they meaningless responses or just ignored me.
Perhaps I will quit or temporally put off this game if I could not get any progress. I looked for a walk through on the net,but could not find any.
Game's atmosphere is cool and hacking is fun. not a bad game I think.

(edit) After writing it, I got a great progress. :)
I passed 3 tests by Pixie. The story become more and more interesting.
Post edited March 05, 2016 by yoshino
I give up. I simply can't beat level 9-10 of Escape Goat 2. While the whole game before that level was quite easy and relaxing, this last level is insanely hard (maybe even on par with some of the bonus levels of the first Escape Goat). But I guess I can still mark the game as completed, because it was just a bonus level and I've seen the normal end of the game and the credits.

I've also spend some time with Age of Wonders, but I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing it right. The tutorial hardly told me anything about the use of magic and so far I haven't used it very much. Might be the reason why I haven't beat mission three so far. Can someone tell recommend me some spells that are useful (especially global spells)?

Edit: And of course I need a new game to play. Let's try a classic FPS this time:

Catacomb Abyss
Shadow Warrior
Duke Nukem 3D
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Outlaws
Rise of the Triad
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
Post edited March 06, 2016 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: I give up. I simply can't beat level 9-10 of Escape Goat 2. While the whole game before that level was quite easy and relaxing, this last level is insanely hard (maybe even on par with some of the bonus levels of the first Escape Goat). But I guess I can still mark the game as completed, because it was just a bonus level and I've seen the normal end of the game and the credits.

I've also spend some time with Age of Wonders, but I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing it right. The tutorial hardly told me anything about the use of magic and so far I haven't used it very much. Might be the reason why I haven't beat mission three so far. Can someone tell recommend me some spells that are useful (especially global spells)?

Edit: And of course I need a new game to play. Let's try a classic FPS this time:

Catacomb Abyss
Shadow Warrior
Duke Nukem 3D
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Outlaws
Rise of the Triad
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold
How were the rules of the club? If giving up is an option, can I transfer Commandos back to the backlog? :P It's a great game, but a very difficult one :P I got to the sixth level, I'll definitely be playing it from time to time and try to pull through. I will not resort to YouTube-walkthroughs!

If I may pick a game for you, I think you should play Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I'll play the suggestion from Messi_is_Messiah now, Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Post edited March 06, 2016 by Random_Coffee
Random_Coffee: How were the rules of the club? If giving up is an option, can I transfer Commandos back to the backlog? :P It's a great game, but a very difficult one :P I got to the sixth level, I'll definitely be playing it from time to time and try to pull through. I will not resort to YouTube-walkthroughs!

If I may pick a game for you, I think you should play Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I'll play the suggestion from Messi_is_Messiah now, Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Challenge accepted. I will play Return to Castle Wolfenstein next.

And I think there aren't any strict rules. Once you accept a challenge, you should try to complete the game, but if it is absolutely not your cup of tea or if the game is too difficult, you can stop playing and try something new. That's what I think at least.
I finished else Heart.Break() for several endings.
Perhaps not so good ending but I'm fine with them. All in all, a good game.

I don't decide which game will be the next.
Now playing 'big' games are Wizardly 7 and X3 Terran Conflict. Both are in beginning stage.
Other 'small' games in my backlog are right now not so motivating. due to almost finished consuming my backlog. I've taken interesting games first, so left-over games are not so interesting.
So please suggest me which game will be the main dish.
Post edited March 07, 2016 by yoshino
yoshino: X3 Terran Conflict
I looked into this game, looks interesting. And I've also seen people putting several hundred hours into this game. I am not sure how that happens, but if you are up for a long one, this could be a good choice.

PaterAlf: Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Ahh, one of my childhood games that I remember enjoying a lot. After Doom. And Quake. And Matt Hayes' Fishing. And The Road to the El Dorado. When I got Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it was not retail, but rather re-copied to an empty CD, cracked and had all saves (saves for every mission). Because I was just a small kid and only started learning English, I had no idea what was written, who said what in the game. I just pressed many buttons, found saves, but in my mind it was like "Wow! I can choose any mission to play! How do I choose?". Then I would look through the map/mission names and just pick one randomly. And seeing how there are three groups of monsters/enemies... Oh my, this game brings so many memories!

Enjoy the game!
PaterAlf: 80 Days
A Boy and his Blob
Card City Nights
Pony Island
HuniePop
Pandemonium!
Wacky Wheels
Kingdom Rush
Beatbuddy - Tale of the Guardians
Unholy Heights
Duke Nukem
Escape Goat 2
Gateways
Puddle
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
So many genres. Amazing!
Progress update on Battle Realms Winter of the Wolf

I've managed to beat it, and I liked it more because of the diversity of the missions. The story was pretty good, like the sound and the music.

For now, I just bought Far Cry+XIII+Tom Clancy's Rainbowsix Vegas and I want to play Far Cry 1, if anyone wants to chose another game that I can play when I;m not in the mood for Far Cry.

-The Witcher 2 AOK
-Giants: Citizen Kabuto
-System Shock™ 2
-Empire Earth Gold Edition
-Dungeon Keeper Gold

Steam:( I didn't mention all games, just the more important ones. Full list: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067793990/games/?tab=all )

-Amnesia The Dark Descent
-AquaNox
-AquaNox 2
-Black Mirror
-Broken Sword 2
-Company of Heroes 1 Complette
-Dead Space 2
-Deus Ex HR (The older version)
-Dustforce DX
-Earth 2160
-Escape Goat
-GRID
-Metro 2033
-Multiwinia
-SpaceChem
-Summoner
-Supreme Commander (+Expansion)
-Syberia
-Thief Gold
-Uplink
-VVVVVV
yoshino: X3 Terran Conflict
Dessimu: I looked into this game, looks interesting. And I've also seen people putting several hundred hours into this game. I am not sure how that happens, but if you are up for a long one, this could be a good choice.
Challenge accepted. I already played as a humble merchant, because I want to play a trading game and not fighting/pirating.
I traveled Argon Prime sector and surrounding sectors by using auto-travel. and buy/sell goods (mainly energy-sells) and earned 60000 credits.
Then I updated my ship with Trading Extension, Trade Command Software and Engine Tuning (from 75 to 100 max speed). The trading extension is useful. Before docking I know the info about goods' prices and stock in the stations.
If got more money I would buy another ship. The staring ship don't have any weapon. but Argon Prime is quite safe area and don't need it yet.

Bass47: -The Witcher 2 AOK
-Giants: Citizen Kabuto
-System Shock™ 2
-Empire Earth Gold Edition
-Dungeon Keeper Gold

Steam:( I didn't mention all games, just the more important ones. Full list: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067793990/games/?tab=all )

-Amnesia The Dark Descent
-AquaNox
-AquaNox 2
-Black Mirror
-Broken Sword 2
-Company of Heroes 1 Complette
-Dead Space 2
-Deus Ex HR (The older version)
-Dustforce DX
-Earth 2160
-Escape Goat
-GRID
-Metro 2033
-Multiwinia
-SpaceChem
-Summoner
-Supreme Commander (+Expansion)
-Syberia
-Thief Gold
-Uplink
-VVVVVV
As a second game I suggest Witcher 2. RPG would be a good choice for not so mood for playing shooter.
But beware. one of the boss fighting (kayran) is very difficult.I almost quit the game because of it.
I also like to suggest Empire Earth Gold Edition if you don't like to playing RPGs.
yoshino: As a second game I suggest Witcher 2. RPG would be a good choice for not so mood for playing shooter.
But beware. one of the boss fighting (kayran) is very difficult.I almost quit the game because of it.
I also like to suggest Empire Earth Gold Edition if you don't like to playing RPGs.
Challenge accepted. I will start Witcher 2 because I allready have it installed and I just played an RTS.
Is it harder then Hellhound Boss from the Witcher 1 ?
Bass47: Challenge accepted. I will start Witcher 2 because I allready have it installed and I just played an RTS.
Is it harder then Hellhound Boss from the Witcher 1 ?
Yes, it is harder for sure. but other bosses were not so hard (including the last boss), and I enjoyed adventuring.
PaterAlf: I give up. I simply can't beat level 9-10 of Escape Goat 2. While the whole game before that level was quite easy and relaxing, this last level is insanely hard (maybe even on par with some of the bonus levels of the first Escape Goat). But I guess I can still mark the game as completed, because it was just a bonus level and I've seen the normal end of the game and the credits.

I certainly agree that you can mark Escape Goat 2 as completed - If the bonus levels are as hard as in the first title, not playing them should be a matter of self-defense ;)

Regarding Age of Wonders:
I also found the tutorial to be quite lacking. In my playthrough of the Keeper campaign, I always used Enchant Weapon & Bless with the addition of Holy Champion later on. I don't think I ever used a global spell.
When your heroes level up, you should - in my opinion - quickly spend points for the improvement of attributes, especially Attack and Defense, later also Resistance and Hit Points. I found that, in combination with the spells, heroes become ridiculously powerful very fast. Using this method of progression, I basicially beat the campaign with two or three heroes, who could wipe out entire armies alone.
I also found that in some missions the AI seems to be especially strong or maybe it has just an excellent starting position. In such missions it is often easier to look out for the enemy leader - the hero with a crown symbol. Just defeat him in battle - it is enough that he dies - and the mission is won.

Hopefully that helps a little bit - cheers!
Post edited March 10, 2016 by Nymes
Nymes: Regarding Age of Wonders:
I also found the tutorial to be quite lacking. In my playthrough of the Keeper campaign, I always used Enchant Weapon & Bless with the addition of Holy Champion later on. I don't think I ever used a global spell.
When your heroes level up, you should - in my opinion - quickly spend points for the improvement of attributes, especially Attack and Defense, later also Resistance and Hit Points. I found that, in combination with the spells, heroes become ridiculously powerful very fast. Using this method of progression, I basicially beat the campaign with two or three heroes, who could wipe out entire armies alone.
I also found that in some missions the AI seems to be especially strong or maybe it has just an excellent starting position. In such missions it is often easier to look out for the enemy leader - the hero with a crown symbol. Just defeat him in battle - it is enough that he dies - and the mission is won.

Hopefully that helps a little bit - cheers!
Thank you for the hints. I will take a closer look at the spells you mentioned. So far I mostly used Heal, Ooze and some attack spells during battles. Combined with a lot of range attack fighters I can wipe out most enemies before they even reach my troops.
Still don't know if I'm doing things right (but I made good progress on mission three), but I really like the game and I think it's extremely relaxing.

Progress report on Return to Castle Wolfenstein:
I'm not really a good FPS gamer and so I play on easy difficulty. So far it feels right for me. I've completed the first mission (or part on of the first mission) and most of the second one and I really like the level design (even if it is confusing at times). Maps are much bigger than I've expected.
Sometimes there are enemies who seem to appear out of nowhere (they are suddenly in an area that I've already cleaned), but that's ok for me.

Technically I had some problems after the first mission. Framerate dramatically dropped when the second mission started and made the game almost unplayable. But when I started the game the next time the problem was gone and so far it hasn't appeared again
First run with Xulima....After quite a few hours it becomes painfully obvious that i picked the wrong skills and overextended. So, reset and restart i guess.

Story is nothing to write home, characters so far seem bland, but the gameplay is kind of addictive. Graphics are clean and nice, sound and music is okay.

Overall is a mediocre game, but with the score bumped by nostalgia and an actually good gameplay, but a gameplay that it's more orientated towards a hardcore player, not towards a more casual one.