It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gothic 1 & 2: missing Spanish language (available on Steam).
Post edited December 03, 2018 by nebulosas
Ganni1987: SteamWorld Heist -

In June I wrote them an email about the GOG version being outdated, and I got a response soon after:

Hi,
We are well aware that the GoG version is lagging behind the published Steam version, and this is unfortunate.

The 2.1 version of SteamWorld Heist will be, unfortunately, delayed until late September due to internal workload and added features and the rights to publish those.
I can not go into details on the later, I can only apologize that you will not have the patch until late September, sorry.

Regards,
Ganni1987: September came and gone, I wrote to them again on 6th October, got a response 3 days later:

HI,

In the patch we have Chinese and Japanese languages added, and the localization is under embargo of the Asian publisher. The embargo is about to run out, though and we will release it as soon as we are allowed.

Best regards,
Ganni1987: We are now in December, still no update.
This is why some games/developers, I just use the GOG version as a DRM-free backup and play the legit version on Steam
SCPM: So it seems that GOG specifically has a clause in contracts requiring devs to push their updates within 48 hours of updating their game on Steam. And because of this clause, some devs refuse to release on GOG:
https://twitter.com/larsiusprime/status/1062947901314424833
Can't say I liked even Lars Doucet comment either:
"Yes I know plenty of you feel that a 100% DRM-free copy of a game not tied to Steam is more valuable to you personally. God bless you principled souls that encourage competition, also you're the clear minority."

Minority my ass.

phaolo: I wished for such clause since years, but 48h seems a bit too low..
I'd be ok even with 1 week.
I agree with you here, 48h is a bit too low.

I will never defend anyone though: GOG is already plagued with too many games which lack updates or didn't even receive any at all! Due to this, I'm still unsure on what to do when a new game gets released at the same time on both steam and gog.
Kyousuke.: Can't say I liked even Lars Doucet comment either:
"Yes I know plenty of you feel that a 100% DRM-free copy of a game not tied to Steam is more valuable to you personally. God bless you principled souls that encourage competition, also you're the clear minority."

Minority my ass.
Well, yes, figures prove the minority part, but how's that an argument against something? If something is demanded and can reasonably be offered with the current level of development and available resources, it should be offered, no matter the numbers. Otherwise, everyone is in several minorities at various moments and unless you happen to be in the particular majority taken into account for a particular decision, makes darn little difference whether a majority decides, be it by voting or through market demand or whatever other means, or one despotic tyrant does.
high rated
omega64: Party Hard
Gog version is missing the level editor as well as the "High Crimes" DLC. The sequel has now been released here despite these issues. No updates since July 2017. The missing updates cover a variety of bug fixes plus new languages (Turkish, Danish). Current GOG v1.4.030r, current Steam v1.4.035r.
The missing updates cover a variety of bug fixes plus new languages (Turkish, Danish). Current GOG v1.4.030r, current Steam v1.4.035r.

This part for Party Hard is fixed as of today (04.12.2018) :)
Gog version is missing the level editor as well as the "High Crimes" DLC. The sequel has now been released here despite these issues. No updates since July 2017. The missing updates cover a variety of bug fixes plus new languages (Turkish, Danish). Current GOG v1.4.030r, current Steam v1.4.035r.
JudasIscariot: The missing updates cover a variety of bug fixes plus new languages (Turkish, Danish). Current GOG v1.4.030r, current Steam v1.4.035r.

Do you know if they also fixed the broken achievement "Lol, Really?"?
Kyousuke.: Can't say I liked even Lars Doucet comment either:

Minority my ass.
Cavalary: Well, yes, figures prove the minority part, but how's that an argument against something? If something is demanded and can reasonably be offered with the current level of development and available resources, it should be offered, no matter the numbers. Otherwise, everyone is in several minorities at various moments and unless you happen to be in the particular majority taken into account for a particular decision, makes darn little difference whether a majority decides, be it by voting or through market demand or whatever other means, or one despotic tyrant does.
Please let me first say that the following should NOT be an excuse for any dev to not update their game on GOG - imo there is none. They sell here they have to update in a reasonable timeframe.

However from a pure business point of few what Lars said is logical. If those that want DRM-free copys and therefore those that are buying on GOG are the minority it also means the devs make less money on this particular storefront. Therefore they consider it to be less important.

JudasIscariot: The missing updates cover a variety of bug fixes plus new languages (Turkish, Danish). Current GOG v1.4.030r, current Steam v1.4.035r.

Great, Judas, to see you posting here as well. Hope to see a lot more of your postings telling us how GOG reduced this much too long list :)
Post edited December 04, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Please let me first say that the following should NOT be an excuse for any dev to not update their game on GOG - imo there is none. They sell here they have to update in a reasonable timeframe.

However from a pure business point of few what Lars said is logical. If those that want DRM-free copys and therefore those that are buying on GOG are the minority it also means the devs make less money on this particular storefront. Therefore they consider it to be less important.
I already know and understand that very well. What I didn't like is the way he minimized our numbers, like if we are a so tiny portion of the equation who can settle with just the game (either with no update or just released at the end of its lifespan, like lords of the fallen).
With that said, they aren't doing charity either, selling a game on another storefront should even increase their gains in the long run (unless we are talking about games with no high value, which wouldn't sell no matter the store they are in anyway).

Logical? Maybe, but there is no need to treat us like ants or worse, garbage.

I want to leave another info although not entirely related to GOG:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/a3071e/devs_of_mutant_year_zero_road_to_eden_mocking/

Devs mocking people against anti-consumer practices is not that different than people crapping on people favoring drm-free games.

just FYI, MarkoH01, I'm not trying to attack you or anything of sorts, simply speaking out of my mind. :)
Here's something notable about Nuclear Throne, from its original release newspost:

"PLEASE NOTE: Daily and Weekly challenges are NOT available in the current version of the game but will be added in the future."

That was January 11, 2016. Nearly three years later, still not added. So not only is this a case of the GOG version being inferior, but it was falsely advertised in its release news post. That news post also claimed that a Linux version was on the way, which also never showed up here:

"Nuclear Throne, a wild roguelike where you mutate your way to the throne of a post-apocalyptic world, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com for Windows and Mac (with a Linux version also on its way)."

Fun Fact: Cluster Truck originally mentioned the level editor and replay system (both of which are missing from the GOG version) in its GOG store page description, and despite eventually removing that part of the description GOG never even tried to reimburse users who bought the game when the store page had contained that false advertising.

Screenshot of Nuclear Throne release post: https://i.imgur.com/vbPEZZJ.png

Screenshot of original Cluster Truck store page: https://i.imgur.com/J8IR465.png

EDIT: The bit about Nuclear Throne getting daily and weekly challenges added in the future is also still on the store page for it, so more false advertising "fun" there: https://i.imgur.com/WCg888M.png
Post edited December 05, 2018 by Marioface5
Marioface5: snip
You know, every time I hear about games not updated on gog, this ALWAYS comes to mind.
At first I was very interested in this game, but after their aptitude towards gog? They can go hang themselves.
high rated

Alexim: Do you know if they also fixed the broken achievement "Lol, Really?"?
Hmmm, not really (sorry for the pun) but I can ask. Can you check if you still get this issue with the newest version of the game?
Alexim: Do you know if they also fixed the broken achievement "Lol, Really?"?
JudasIscariot: Hmmm, not really (sorry for the pun) but I can ask. Can you check if you still get this issue with the newest version of the game?
I don't own the game, anyway it's an achievement that unlocks when all the others have been completed.
The problem is that the achievement may not be retroactive for those who have already completed everything.

Searching on Steam, it has been corrected with the v1.4.034 update that introduced the Danish language, but with all these variables the doubt remains.
Kyousuke.: Logical? Maybe, but there is no need to treat us like ants or worse, garbage.
just FYI, MarkoH01, I'm not trying to attack you or anything of sorts, simply speaking out of my mind. :)
Oh, don't worry - no offense taken :) As I said, I completely understand and agree to your statement above. They sell on GOG they should treat us the same way as Steam customers. There's actually no excuse to not do that! If they think they cannot do that they should also not take any money from GOG aka the GOG customers.
Post edited December 05, 2018 by MarkoH01
JudasIscariot: Hmmm, not really (sorry for the pun) but I can ask. Can you check if you still get this issue with the newest version of the game?
Alexim: I don't own the game, anyway it's an achievement that unlocks when all the others have been completed.
The problem is that the achievement may not be retroactive for those who have already completed everything.

Searching on Steam, it has been corrected with the v1.4.034 update that introduced the Danish language, but with all these variables the doubt remains.
Check: 'cause it'd seem pretty intentional if they're using the same codebase for all of this yet somehow managed to leave a bug in the GOG version. Either intentional or incredibly sloppy. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until someone says otherwise, 'cause that'd say some pretty bad things about the company. Usually games land on this list 'cause the devs can't be bothered to update at all, so one update is most likely to include the updates of all other platforms.
Hmm, lots of good news here since I last checked in.

Wuppo updated (expected). Party Hard updated (unexpected). Steamworld Heist has a dangling thread of hope that it will get an update at some point down the track (better than no hope, although the devs have low credibility).

Some negative news too, of course, but all up, it could be much worse...