It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: List has been updated

and I'd like to compliment THQ Nordic on earning the top spot for worst offender with 16 games on the list now, with Desperados III being the latest addition
fronzelneekburm: Maybe I'm getting soft with old age, but maybe the "worst offenders" should be determined in a slightly different way than the company with the most mentions on the list getting the top spot, since I feel that would punish companies that release a lot of stuff on gog.

Maybe divide the number of games Company X has on the list by the number of games Company X has released on gog, and the company with the highest average of inferior products gets the top spot.

On the other hand, this would create an absurd undue amount of work and who knows, maybe THQ would still nab the top spot all the same.
I agree. My suggestion would be to have a tiered point system.

Missing updates and/or official expansions = 10 points

Missing in-game DLC and/or multiplayer = 5 points

Everything else = 1 point

Missing Galaxy achievements = 0.5 point

This way, any campany that makes a habit out of abandoning GOG releases will always be at the top of the list, and companies that sell objetively inferior versions on GOG will be above those that neglect to sell the soundtrack or bundle the manual with the game here.

About the achievements, I think we have to be realistic about the fact it's just impossible for some games to have GOG achievements because the dev team has moved on to other projects or been disbanded. I get some people care about achievements a lot but unfortunately this is a reality of how the sausage gets made.

EDIT: I changed the point distribution a bit.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by samuraigaiden
fronzelneekburm: Maybe I'm getting soft with old age, but maybe the "worst offenders" should be determined in a slightly different way than the company with the most mentions on the list getting the top spot, since I feel that would punish companies that release a lot of stuff on gog.

Maybe divide the number of games Company X has on the list by the number of games Company X has released on gog, and the company with the highest average of inferior products gets the top spot.

On the other hand, this would create an absurd undue amount of work and who knows, maybe THQ would still nab the top spot all the same.
samuraigaiden: I agree. My suggestion would be to have a tiered point system.

Missing updates = 10 points

Missing Galaxy achievements = 2 points

This way, any campany that makes a habit out of abandoning GOG releases will always be at the top of the list, and companies that sell objetively inferior versions on GOG will be above those that neglect to sell the soundtrack or bundle the manual with the game here.
What about missing languages? It's a crucial point for many people as well.
samuraigaiden: I agree. My suggestion would be to have a tiered point system.

Missing updates = 10 points

Missing Galaxy achievements = 2 points

MarkoH01: What about missing languages? It's a crucial point for many people as well.
I hadn't thought about that. If the language is available in a PC version sold elsewhere, it should definitely count as a missing update.
Post edited October 02, 2020 by samuraigaiden
MarkoH01: What about missing languages? It's a crucial point for many people as well.
I must admit that I'm being a bit of a hypocrite myself when it comes to missing languages. THQ Nordic gets off easy because in my book they're still "the good guys that release all their stuff on gog and treat us (comparatively) well", while outright boycotting Daedalic over two missing German versions (but mostly it's because of their outrageously dumb behaviour, as chronicled in the Pillars of the Earth thread in the Jerry forum).
fronzelneekburm: I must admit that I'm being a bit of a hypocrite myself when it comes to missing languages. THQ Nordic gets off easy because in my book they're still "the good guys that release all their stuff on gog and treat us (comparatively) well", while outright boycotting Daedalic over two missing German versions (but mostly it's because of their outrageously dumb behaviour, as chronicled in the Pillars of the Earth thread in the Jerry forum).
Completely understandable. What bothers me most with Daedalic is that those two missing German cversions (The Dark Eye) are available DRM-free on Humble since ages ... so there is absolutely no reason not to bring them to GOG as well ... except of course, being lazy and not caring at all.
high rated
Croteam didn't release Linux version of Talos Principle on GOG.
Mount and blade. Mod tools only on steam (plus potentially mods not on moddb or nexus).
high rated
New list update (which brings Devolver back to the shared top with THQNordic):

Added
Grim Dawn - missing standalone Soundtrack
The Sojourn - missing Deluxe Edition, artbook, standalone Soundtrack
The Talos Principle - missin Mac/Linux and possibly Modding/Editing features (the latter needs confirmation)

M&B II: Bannerlord will be added next
If a game has some sort of DRM, such as certain features being accessible only with GOG Galaxy, is it ok to mention it here?
Post edited October 05, 2020 by _Auster_
_Auster_: If a game has some sort of DRM, such as certain features being accessible only with GOG Galaxy, is it ok to mention it here?
In my eyes only if those features are accessible DRM-free somewhere else. Otherwise it wouldn't have to do anything with the topic of being second class citizens compared to other stores.
_Auster_: If a game has some sort of DRM, such as certain features being accessible only with GOG Galaxy, is it ok to mention it here?
PaterAlf: In my eyes only if those features are accessible DRM-free somewhere else. Otherwise it wouldn't have to do anything with the topic of being second class citizens compared to other stores.
I see, thank you very much
nightcraw1er.488: Mount and blade. Mod tools only on steam (plus potentially mods not on moddb or nexus).
Can you point me to a source that the modding tools are steam only? Would be nice to reference that in the list, especially since GOG mentions the modding on the game page

Mods not available outside of Steam is not relevant for now as I don't see any workshop entry for the game yet. When that happens, I can add that
nightcraw1er.488: Mount and blade. Mod tools only on steam (plus potentially mods not on moddb or nexus).
ElTerprise: Can you point me to a source that the modding tools are steam only? Would be nice to reference that in the list, especially since GOG mentions the modding on the game page

Mods not available outside of Steam is not relevant for now as I don't see any workshop entry for the game yet. When that happens, I can add that
It’s mentioned all over. Here for instance:
https://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/news/modding-tools-beta
I don’t expect it remain like that of course.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s mentioned all over. Here for instance:
https://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/news/modding-tools-beta
I don’t expect it remain like that of course.
Thanks.
Ganni1987: As for Hyper Light Drifter, I emailed the devs a few months ago, they told me they're working on it but apparently it's low priority.
Sorry for necroing this comment, but I've just sent an email to their support regarding this situation and the missing soundtrack DLC. Hopefully it reminds them about it, specially now that the game is on sale.