It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Grandia HD remaster was announced today. It was announced for Steam but hopefully they will bring it here too since Grandia II is on GOG
alexandros050: Grandia HD remaster was announced today. It was announced for Steam but hopefully they will bring it here too since Grandia II is on GOG
Really? I'm very interested as i've heard the first one was better.
alexandros050: Grandia HD remaster was announced today. It was announced for Steam but hopefully they will bring it here too since Grandia II is on GOG
Lucian_Galca: Really? I'm very interested as i've heard the first one was better.
Yes, i also agree the first was better. I still have my PS1 cds but i'd buy a remaster in a heartbeat.

Anyway here is the relevant link:
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/grandia-grandia-ii-hd-remaster-announced-for-switch-grandia-hd-remaster-announced-for-pc
Post edited August 21, 2018 by Hikage1983
Lucian_Galca: Really? I'm very interested as i've heard the first one was better.
Hikage1983: Yes, i also agree the first was better. I still have my PS1 cds but i'd buy a remaster in a heartbeat.

Anyway here is the relevant link:
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/grandia-grandia-ii-hd-remaster-announced-for-switch-grandia-hd-remaster-announced-for-pc
What the heck? I just finished Grandia 2 yesterday! And despite story being mixed bag, there were brilliant things in it. Anyway, why is first one better? I played the first one, but never finished it.
murkki: The New World, which is being developed by Iron Tower Studio (Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats) is planned to be released on GOG too.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/1733210552654599816/
"Are you planning a GOG release?

Vince [developer] 2 hours ago
Yes, of course."
The just recently released concept trailer outlining the premise along with a few, very brief glimpses of what it's going to look like, in case you missed it.
murkki: The New World, which is being developed by Iron Tower Studio (Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats) is planned to be released on GOG too.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/1733210552654599816/
"Are you planning a GOG release?

Vince [developer] 2 hours ago
Yes, of course."
mannefriedrich: The just recently released concept trailer outlining the premise along with a few, very brief glimpses of what it's going to look like, in case you missed it.
Thank you, excellent news! I love Vince's style; he is one of a small group of people who I feel understand what people like me want from gaming experiences.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by rjbuffchix
I really hope so. Grandia I is the game that really needed a re-release. Really want it DRM-free.
Chacranajxy: I really hope so. Grandia I is the game that really needed a re-release. Really want it DRM-free.
I just posted about it on the steam forums. Hopefully the dev might answer.
Mafwek: What the heck? I just finished Grandia 2 yesterday! And despite story being mixed bag, there were brilliant things in it. Anyway, why is first one better? I played the first one, but never finished it.
Please do not get me wrong. Grandia 2 is brilliant, especially in the underlying message it relays by the end.
I just find the first one more endearing i suppose, because it's all about exploration and the excitement of discovery.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by Hikage1983
Hopefully the Grandia remaster will be based on the Sega Saturn version with a smooth framerate.
high rated
New company in the catalog: NVYVE Studios, likely for
Hypergun

Fast-paced rogue-lite action featuring procedural weapons and environment, hordes of enemies and bosses.

Save the World!

Play as DevTech Labs’ fearless intern, Dewey Owens in! It’s up to Dewey to master the ultimate combat simulator. Fighting through waves of alien interlopers in a simulation designed to create the ultimate weapon, players will unlock exciting new classes all while gaining powerful abilities in their journey to create the HYPERGUN!

Build the HYPERGUN!

Create the HYPERGUN – With over 150 weapon modules to collect, no two runs in the simulation will be the same. Each module you pick up will change your weapon in exciting and sometimes questionable ways, all in the name of determining the ultimate weapon to defeat our alien oppressors.

Unlockable Classes and Abilities

Unlock your co-worker’s simulation profiles to gain access to a selection of more than 40 unique abilities to gain the upper hand in the simulation.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by The-Business
https://www.gog.com/game/hypergun
New companies in the catalog:Epic Tavern Holdings and Hyperkinetic Studios for Epic Tavern (In Dev):
Epic Tavern is an innovative reverse-RPG where you are the Tavernmaster in the fantasy land of Beor. Befriend and hire heroes over flagons of ale, send them on perilous quests, and reap the rewards!
Features:

Adventurer Management: A multitude of characters drawn from 20+ classes and walks of life will visit your tavern. Mages, warriors, assassins, and more will be at your disposal! Befriend them over drinks and learn their secrets. Hire adventurers based on their stats to achieve success on quests, take their experience, level them up, and guide their destiny.

Tavern Management: You and your tavern are at the center of a world full of danger, intrigue and unlimited adventure. Your every choice determines the future of your establishment, bringing heroes and stories together in fellowships that will become the stuff of legend. Manage your Tavern stock, upgrade your facilities to assist your adventuring parties, and more!

New Classic RPG: You will send your new friends on quests to explore the land of Beor. These quests unfold into an epic storyline unique to your playthrough. Epic Tavern pushes the limits of a player-centric narrative and creates a brand new model of the classic RPG experience. The impact of your choices will inexorably change your adventurers and the World itself!
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:Epic Tavern Holdings and Hyperkinetic Studios for Epic Tavern (In Dev):

Epic Tavern is an innovative reverse-RPG where you are the Tavernmaster in the fantasy land of Beor. Befriend and hire heroes over flagons of ale, send them on perilous quests, and reap the rewards!
Features:

Adventurer Management: A multitude of characters drawn from 20+ classes and walks of life will visit your tavern. Mages, warriors, assassins, and more will be at your disposal! Befriend them over drinks and learn their secrets. Hire adventurers based on their stats to achieve success on quests, take their experience, level them up, and guide their destiny.

Tavern Management: You and your tavern are at the center of a world full of danger, intrigue and unlimited adventure. Your every choice determines the future of your establishment, bringing heroes and stories together in fellowships that will become the stuff of legend. Manage your Tavern stock, upgrade your facilities to assist your adventuring parties, and more!

New Classic RPG: You will send your new friends on quests to explore the land of Beor. These quests unfold into an epic storyline unique to your playthrough. Epic Tavern pushes the limits of a player-centric narrative and creates a brand new model of the classic RPG experience. The impact of your choices will inexorably change your adventurers and the World itself!
The-Business:
ah, cool, ive been wanting a game like this.
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:Epic Tavern Holdings and Hyperkinetic Studios for Epic Tavern (In Dev):

Features:

The-Business:
Sweet like the sound of it! Any idea how much interaction you have once you send them out on quests? Do you actually get to control them at all?

Seems like this could capture that Recettear vibe, which I'm on board with - really have to go back and put more time into that game - did it ever show back up after it left?