It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This was mentioned in the Crowdfunding thread, but I thought I would add this news for anyone that doesn't frequent that thread:

Kickstarter game <span class="bold">Edge of Eternity</span> has stated in their FAQ section the following:

"Yes, absolutely, there will be a GOG and Orion version of the game if you are not comfortable with Steam."
Tekkaman-James: "Yes, absolutely, there will be a GOG and Orion version of the game if you are not comfortable with Steam."
Orion? Did they actually mean Origin?
tfishell: Orion? Did they actually mean Origin?
I'm not sure. There does seem to be an Orion game client, but it looks like it's just for Runescape.
Tekkaman-James: This was mentioned in the Crowdfunding thread, but I thought I would add this news for anyone that doesn't frequent that thread:

Kickstarter game <span class="bold">Edge of Eternity</span> has stated in their FAQ section the following:

"Yes, absolutely, there will be a GOG and Orion version of the game if you are not comfortable with Steam."
That looks pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Train Fever confirmed, yes! (frontpage incoming announcement)
Tekkaman-James: "Yes, absolutely, there will be a GOG and Orion version of the game if you are not comfortable with Steam."
Other Kickstarter's have claimed this and hadn't even contacted GOG at all. In fact unless GOG has already changed their policy, which is possible, the dev's couldn't know yet.
tokisto: Train Fever confirmed, yes! (frontpage incoming announcement)
Wouldn't that be an official confirmation and all, seeing how GOG put that up themselves? ;)

I actually sent them an e-mail around the time of the game's launch about a possible GOG release, and at the time it didn't sound like they were planning on it. It's nice to see that they've changed their minds. One can never have enough transport management games. :)
tokisto: Train Fever confirmed, yes! (frontpage incoming announcement)
mistermumbles: Wouldn't that be an official confirmation and all, seeing how GOG put that up themselves? ;)

I actually sent them an e-mail around the time of the game's launch about a possible GOG release, and at the time it didn't sound like they were planning on it. It's nice to see that they've changed their minds. One can never have enough transport management games. :)
Yes, you´re right. Just posted because someone (maybe even you) posted about the game prolly not coming. And since nobody commented about it in the forum, I decided to post here...
tokisto: Yes, you´re right. Just posted because someone (maybe even you) posted about the game prolly not coming. And since nobody commented about it in the forum, I decided to post here...
Don't worry, it didn't escape our notice.
Post edited February 19, 2015 by Grargar
tokisto: Yes, you´re right. Just posted because someone (maybe even you) posted about the game prolly not coming. And since nobody commented about it in the forum, I decided to post here...
Grargar: Don't worry, it didn't escape our notice.
Oh well... [feeling "ashamed"] :)
Let me mark that topic as favourite too
Not a Hero, an action game by Roll7 (developers of OlliOlli) and published by Devolver Digital will come to GOG on May 7th:
https://www.facebook.com/DevolverDigitalGames/posts/575395915897239
SCPM: Not a Hero, an action game by Roll7 (developers of OlliOlli) and published by Devolver Digital will come to GOG on May 7th:
https://www.facebook.com/DevolverDigitalGames/posts/575395915897239
That's an amazing trailer.
I asked Spiderling Studios, if the are going to release their game "Besiege" at GOG and they said that they definitely will get in touch with GOG closer to release.
So we might get Besige from day one.
SCPM: It seems the 1989 Interplay game Dragon Wars will be coming to GOG, as well as Steam since a Kickstarter for Dragon Wars 2 by the original author is in the works:
https://twitter.com/burgerbecky/status/563822803128819712
To expand on this, Rebecca Heineman has been posting on the Wasteland 2 forums (seems like she was trying to convince Brian Fargo to do the Bard's Tale 4 with her, but when that didn't happen she said "announced" Dragon Wars 2) and she revealed that she has a hard-copy of the original source-code of not only Dragon Wars but the entire Bard's Tale trilogy.

That means if those games are to be re-released on GOG/Steam, they won't be DOSBox emulation like Wasteland, they'll be complete source-ports.

A bit early to be getting excited, but there's A LOT that could be improved with the source-codes of those old games, possibly even stuff like automaps for BT2-3 and improved interface, no limit really.
Post edited February 20, 2015 by Crosmando
I doubt they would do anything with that source code. Interest isn't that big for those titles and dosbox emulation would be more than enough for most of the people.