It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Seems as of today we can expect anything to be released here. Except maybe Devotion.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by russellskanne
NuffCatnip: I don't know if I like that move.
Aren't you... well... excited? :D

wolfsite: Wow, the mature content floodgates are being opened with this and some of the games released today.
Where have you been as of late? Visual novel style "eroge" have been on GOG since the times of GOG-chan.

The-Business: does it count as a sequel to 'Day of the Tentacle'?
This surely belongs in this thread :P.

One more step towards "Blade Runner" days when games or interactive simulations designed to tap into your every desire will be surrogates to impossible relationships with other human beings. Can't say it's my jam, but the future is a thing of its own.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Aren't you... well... excited? :D
Hehe :)
Not really to be honest. :P

Completely unrelated, but should gog get Capcom to release their games semi-regularly I'd lose my shit. :D
Some old videoclubs, back in the day, when the VHS ruled the earth, had a room apart from the main section of the store. In that special room, perverts could get their +18 films for adults without having to endure acussatory censoring gazes.

I guess Gog could do something similar. A section apart, perhaps in the store menu, through which users could access the spicey content: Subverse, Agony, the visual novels with undead girls and the likes.

The permit to access that section could be linked to the user´s account configuration. Allowing the user to activate the option to access that +18 section for adults, if the user proves it´s age. I don´t know how, though, I´m not internet savvy in this regard.

And this way, the gerenal store and forums would not be stained with messages of users yelling: won´t somebody please think of the children?
WinterSnowfall: Aren't you... well... excited? :D

wolfsite: Wow, the mature content floodgates are being opened with this and some of the games released today.
WinterSnowfall: Where have you been as of late? Visual novel style "eroge" have been on GOG since the times of GOG-chan.

The-Business: does it count as a sequel to 'Day of the Tentacle'?
WinterSnowfall: This surely belongs in this thread :P.

One more step towards "Blade Runner" days when games or interactive simulations designed to tap into your every desire will be surrogates to impossible relationships with other human beings. Can't say it's my jam, but the future is a thing of its own.
Not playing visual novels apparently.
Swedrami: Always nice to see a formerly rejected title eventually ending up getting a release.
true, especially ones with a decent number of wishlist votes
wolfsite: Not playing visual novels apparently.
Me neither. Can't say I like click-through games of any sort. Except for some parts of HuniePop, I guess. But they were quite visible on release... or so I thought :).

P.S.: Point taken that Subverse is sure to be the most graphically sexual game released here so far though (at least until Succubus is released as well). Oh well, if it grows the GOGBear's bio-honey fund, I don't mind.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
New company in the catalog: Tiny Roar - likely for XEL. Release planned for Q2 2022 but they will present at the Gamescom next week. It's an action-adventure.
The-Business: New companies in the catalog: Streembit Ltd and Studio FOW Interactive => Subverse
Curious. Very curious.
WinterSnowfall: Where have you been as of late? Visual novel style "eroge" have been on GOG since the times of GOG-chan.
But so far they've all been only the censored versions. I doubt Subverse will have such an option as the lewdness of it is the major selling point.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by Mr.Mumbles
In recent months, there have been many complaints that the Subverse devs pulled a bait & switch: initially they had advertised it as being an erotic AO game, but then it became revealed that by & large, it isn't really, and the supposed erotic AO aspects are just one minimal aspect of the game, which are irrelevant to most of the game.

And the devs are heavily censorious vs. anyone who calls them out on this matter.
Post edited August 16, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
New entity in the catalog: Memories in 8Bit => Doki Doki Gravity Dive (release today):
│ ├ DOKI DOKI GRAVITY DIVE is a Score Attack Shoot 'em Up with tiny solar
│ │ systems as your playground which are populated with tiny worlds and a
│ │ singularity at their center.
│ │
│ ├ Enemies relentlessly invade and it is up to you to keep them at bay.
│ │ At least for as long as you can!
│ │
│ ├ Each celestial body has its own gravitational pull and to stand even
│ │ the slightest chance to survive the never ending onslaught, you have
│ │ to adapt to changes in gravity quickly and throw concepts like up and
│ │ down out the window!
│ │
│ └ So hop, fly, dodge, shoot and (hopefully) have fun!
│ ...until the heat death of the universe.

├ FEATURES/
│ ├ Lunchbreak-sized Arcade gameplay.
│ ├ Dynamic gravity system which affects every moving object in the game.
│ │ Even weapon projectiles!
│ ├ 2 game modes: Arcade & Dimensions.
│ ├ 4 seasons, each providing their own starting difficulty and progression.
│ ├ 17 enemy types, each with their own behavior and attack pattern.
│ ├ Planets shaped like cubes, cylinders, pyramids, toruses and more form
│ │ countless, unique solar systems.
│ ├ Your ship is equipped with an upgradeable weapon, bombs, "EX" special
│ │ attack, speed boost, jump and hover abilities to deal with everything
│ │ the universe throws at you!
│ ├ Visual style reminiscent of 1980s CGI. Lowpoly, textureless, clean.
│ └ Soundtrack by ChronoWolf which pushes you to your limits!
Fat Gem Games wants to publish Primal Light on GOG. They contacted staff twice already but didn't receive response.
MadPilgrim: Fat Gem Games wants to publish Primal Light on GOG. They contacted staff twice already but didn't receive response.
Some of the recent releases seem to indicate that GoG's slowly but surely catching up with submissions of the last 12 months or so... patience is the name of the game.
Post edited August 17, 2021 by Swedrami
MadPilgrim: Fat Gem Games wants to publish Primal Light on GOG. They contacted staff twice already but didn't receive response.
Thanks for reporting, message has been forwarded to the GOG Staff.
PainOfSalvation: Thanks for reporting, message has been forwarded to the GOG Staff.
Would be great if you could remind them of some of the other submitted (and highly requested) games whose devs are still waiting for a proper response as well, reportedly since last year in some cases (Realms of Antiquity, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, Zodiac Legion, Phantasie series, etc).