It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: New company in the catalog: Phobia Game Studio, should be for Carrion:

Carrion is a reverse horror game in which you assume the role of an amorphous creature of unknown origin.

Stalk and consume those that imprisoned you to spread fear and panic throughout the facility. Grow and evolve as you tear down this prison and acquire more and more devastating abilities on the path to retribution.
The-Business:
Played a demo a couple of months ago.
It's just freakin' awesome and atmospheric!
I have not experienced this feeling "I am the main character of this horror, because I am horror here" since AvP2.
Swedrami: With GoG being the official partner for this Indie Showcase one would think that all of those "over 70" featured titles would be automatically and officially confirmed for a GoG release then, no?
Never forget GOG showed Celeste in their anniversary video...
high rated
Still waiting on the Batman Arkham games, Civilization 5 Complete, and Stronghold 2, 3, and Legends which are all games that have past evidence, in this topic, supporting their GOG releases.
All borderlands games in a future release on GOG? 2k has Bioshock and Mafia; why not borderlands?
mazewaliztli: 2k has Bioshock and Mafia; why not borderlands?
Because it would require Gearbox to agree and you'd have an easier time milking an angry bull than you would getting Gearbox to remember that GOG exists.
TheMonkofDestiny: Because it would require Gearbox to agree and you'd have an easier time milking an angry bull than you would getting Gearbox to remember that GOG exists.
You can forget about BL franchise: some months ago they ruined the steam version by forcing a third party account even for single player mode, which completely ruined offline play, and I'm talking about BL2 to boot.

Gotta love to ruin their old games in order to increase sales for the third failure I guess.
joppo: We might be close to seeing the return of Re-Volt.

I don't know when it happened, but right now it is at the bottom of my wishlist, right where it was all those years ago
https://e.lvme.me/plmusf5.jpg
Kyousuke.: You can forget about BL franchise
I don't have any vested interest in it ever turning up here anyway. Gearbox can't even be bothered to sell their Duke Nukem 3D cash-in here, so I gave up all pretense about them bringing their main cash cow franchise here.
joppo: We might be close to seeing the return of Re-Volt.

I don't know when it happened, but right now it is at the bottom of my wishlist, right where it was all those years ago
Grargar: https://e.lvme.me/plmusf5.jpg
I hope I wasn't excited for nothing. The wishlist doesn't show re-volt anymore.

Could the sale have awakened a bug that made the wishlist create entries even for removed games? Or did I alert Gog's staff that they were leaking info about Re-Volt when it wasn't supposed to be out in the open? Let's hope it is the latter.
Post edited May 28, 2020 by joppo
joppo: I hope I wasn't excited for nothing. The wishlist doesn't show re-volt anymore.

Could the sale have awakened a bug that made the wishlist create entries even for removed games? Or did I alert Gog's staff that they were leaking info about Re-Volt when it wasn't supposed to be out in the open? Let's hope it is the latter.
Or maybe the whole pack of Throwback Entertainment games are coming back. I don't remember what was the story of them exiting the GOG?
v1989: Or maybe the whole pack of Throwback Entertainment games are coming back. I don't remember what was the story of them exiting the GOG?
I don't know what the story with this company is, but I remember clearly what caused the removal of Re-volt and I don't think the situation of other games would affect it in any way.

Basically, when the IP's new owner (Throwback? I suppose it is but I don't really remember) brought the game to Gog they applied a fanpatch that made the game playable in modern systems (and apparently included a few other QoL changes, maybe widescreen support or whatever) without asking permission to the patch's creators first.

The patch's creators didn't take long to demand the game be suspended from sale since all those sales were illegal - their patch was their propriety, it wasn't supposed to be used for profit without their permission. Once Gog was made aware of its legal status the game was immediately taken down and all sales refunded. To this day this is the only game I am aware of that Gog removed from buyers' accounts (at least without it being an extra to a main game)

Bringing Re-Volt back would only be possible if fans and the IP owner got into an agreement (which wouldn't be easy because the situation soured both parties to each other) ; or if the IP owner decided not to use the patch. I don't understand why they don't do this because they could easily turn to Gog who is already known for at least making games run in newer systems. Apparently they were invested in going mobile. Yuck.
v1989: Or maybe the whole pack of Throwback Entertainment games are coming back. I don't remember what was the story of them exiting the GOG?
joppo: Basically, when the IP's new owner (Throwback? I suppose it is but I don't really remember)...
Throwback doesn't own Re-volt anymore, it was sold to a Korean company back in 2011.

Source: https://throwbackentertainment.com/throwback-sells-re-volt/
joppo: Once Gog was made aware of its legal status the game was immediately taken down and all sales refunded. To this day this is the only game I am aware of that Gog removed from buyers' accounts (at least without it being an extra to a main game)
This is definitely not correct. The game is still and has always been on my account after it was removed from the store.
TheMonkofDestiny: Because it would require Gearbox to agree and you'd have an easier time milking an angry bull than you would getting Gearbox to remember that GOG exists.
Borderlands: The Handsome Jack collection just popped up on Epic Store as the freebie for the week, wouldn't make sense to release it here at price while it is free on Epic.
joppo: To this day this is the only game I am aware of that Gog removed from buyers' accounts (at least without it being an extra to a main game)
Then I guess I'm imagining this, right? :P
Attachments:
re-volt.png (169 Kb)