It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: Give Thiev a break... Judas says that stuff all the time and you never give him a hard time.
I'm fairly sure the :P smiley meant he wasn't serious.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Thiev's post just happened to be the one that finally got me to respond. It's not any better when Judas makes those comments, and I get tired of GOG staff taking that attitude towards releases and customer eagerness, whether they're being serious or not. I can understand why they would get tired of having people ask about certain games, but it's best to just not respond if the only reply you can give is one that might be taken as being disrespectful.

EDIT: To be clear, it's not a big deal to me, but it can be irritating.
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Marioface5
high rated
adaliabooks: Give Thiev a break... Judas says that stuff all the time and you never give him a hard time.
Marioface5: I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Thiev's post just happened to be the one that finally got me to respond. It's not any better when Judas makes those comments, and I get tired of GOG staff taking that attitude towards releases and customer eagerness, whether they're being serious or not. I can understand why they would get tired of having people ask about certain games, but it's best to just not respond if the only reply you can give is one that might be taken as being disrespectful.

Personally, I prefer the presence of a fellow gamer cracking tong-in-cheek jokes, at the risk of some of them being slightly off, than total radio silence except for impersonal official announcements. Feels like there's actual human beings on the other side, and not simply a business. But to each his/her own :)

EDIT : Note it's not a critic. I just work in a branch (sewer engieneering) where personal informal contact with a partner's employees is the norm (when you walk in shit during your job, being formal with other shitwalkers tend to feel unnatural ^^), so that probably has an influence of what I deem appropriate in a business environment ^^
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Kardwill
Fairfox: you could change teh world.
Thiev: that's definitely not something that world would want ;)
Beware! Don't fool about with serious gamers. ;)
high rated
Marioface5: I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Thiev's post just happened to be the one that finally got me to respond. It's not any better when Judas makes those comments, and I get tired of GOG staff taking that attitude towards releases and customer eagerness, whether they're being serious or not. I can understand why they would get tired of having people ask about certain games, but it's best to just not respond if the only reply you can give is one that might be taken as being disrespectful.

I partially get where you're coming from, although I disagree that it's best to just not respond at all - silence is the worst.
I can bear a whole lot of teasing. But not while you're bluffing. :)

If you're teasing, you better have three brand new aces (AAA) and a pair of old kings.
Post edited January 24, 2017 by Vainamoinen
high rated
Thiev: If I had influence over things like that, each similar question would actually push the date further away :P
JinseiNGC224: Then it's good you don't work in the marketing department or with anyone who has that influence, because that would be very bad for business.

Generally people ask about games because they want to support your business and company, not the opposite. Shaming them for wanting a game only makes them mine for data elsewhere, but it may also turn them away to purchase it elsewhere.

If your trying to be funny and this comment, is a bit of a joke, you may want to clarify that more, because this can be construed as quite rude to the GOG forum goer or general consumer who just wants a beloved or would-be-enjoyed title here.
*facepalm*

Guys, he clearly wasn't serious. The :P at the end of the sentence is the smiley with the tongue sticking out. If you can't see that tilt your head 90° to the left while having a closer look. On top of that what he wrote was similar to the old "If you ..., God kills a kitten" meme.

I really don't understand how anyone could take what he wrote literally. I also have to agree with Kardwill and fables: I prefer a tongue in cheek joke that shows you are dealing with real humans rather than a faceless corporate machine and silence is worse since that is commonly seen by the customer as being ignored.
high rated
fables22: silence is the worst.
It seems to be a pretty cool game, I'm sure it's not that bad :P
Post edited January 24, 2017 by X-com

fables22: I partially get where you're coming from, although I disagree that it's best to just not respond at all - silence is the worst.
I agree. Even when you prank about stuff we ask for (and crush our souls in that process :P) we DO know that it was read, that you interact.

A random "oh yeah, we read stuff here" once in a blue moon if at all just aint the same.
Post edited January 24, 2017 by anothername
WHERE'S RESIDENT EVUL V11 ?!
tfishell: WHERE'S RESIDENT EVUL V11 ?!
Fuck yeah, they just need to remove Denuvo and the need to launch via the steam client.
The lesson I see here is that the adult children we have in this forum should stop nagging the blues for information about future releases. It could compromise the releases itself due to the complex legalese and the situation gog is in with its retail/online competitors in the same market. Also other devs and publishers reading gog employees blabbing about it would shy them away from further contact.
karnak1: It seems GOG rose up to the challenge of PC Gamer
Anyone wants to comment on this?

Mere bravado or do they have something up their sleeve?
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/806093019753680896

1 Down and let's hope for one game from this list a month to make 2017 an amazing year for re-releasing classic games.

fables22: I partially get where you're coming from, although I disagree that it's best to just not respond at all - silence is the worst.
Silence isn't ideal, but there are more options than saying nothing or "joking" about pushing release dates back to spite customers. I don't want to give off the wrong impression here - I love that GOG staff are active on the forum, and that they talk like actual people instead of either being silent or rigidly going off a script like GOG Support does. However, in any position where you're talking to customers, there are certain things that inappropriate to say.

Thiev was clearly joking, as is Judas when he makes similar comments. Even though these comments are jokes, however, they still give off a message that GOG staff are irritated by comments and questions regarding when games will finally get released here. That's understandable, but it's generally not a good thing to let your customers know how they're getting on your nerves. The concern here isn't that GOG would actually delay releases based on random forum posts, but how customers are being responded to.

I hope I've been clear this time, because I feel like my previous post may have come across the wrong way based on the responses I've gotten. Again though, this all really isn't that big of a deal to me, and if I had known my initial post was going to get me involved in so much discussion I wouldn't have bothered making it.
I wonder if GOG will get Cayne, the free STASIS prequel. I hope so.
Post edited January 24, 2017 by mistermumbles
mistermumbles: I wonder if GOG will get Cayne, the free STASIS prequel. I hope so.
I hope so!