It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CharlesGrey: Either way, with GOG and Galaxy growing in popularity, here's hoping that in the future developers will put more effort into Galaxy integration right from the start, and thus minimize these delays. It also doesn't help that Galaxy is still in development and rough around the edges, so hopefully things will go smoother once the software is more refined.
Well I have to disagree about the Galaxy part. You can still have multiplayer games without needing a client. Plus, since Galaxy is still in beta, it certainly has its share of bugs. I would still prefer a game to be released earlier on GOG, than later with Galaxy included!
IronArcturus: Well I have to disagree about the Galaxy part. You can still have multiplayer games without needing a client. Plus, since Galaxy is still in beta, it certainly has its share of bugs. I would still prefer a game to be released earlier on GOG, than later with Galaxy included!
I don't like games being dependent on clients either, which is why I buy my games here instead of Steam. But I guess it's easier for developers to have some kind of unified platform for multiplayer game modes, chat, achievements, etc. instead of coding it all from scratch.

And yes, I understand that you, based on your own point of view and preferences, would prefer earlier releases over full MP and Galaxy compatibility, and I'm sure many others here would agree on that. As for myself, I don't care too much either way, as long as the games eventually arrive here. But neither of us necessarily represents the majority of GOG's current and potential future customer base. As a business, GOG have to base their actions primarily on what the majority of their customers want -- the actual majority, based on sales statistics and other factual data. And based on their growing success and popularity in recent months, and all the new publishers and games they managed to bring on board, I'd say they are doing a good job.
tfishell: I'm surprised we still haven't seen 2K and/or Take 2 appear here, as I figured they would be the least likely to have "issues" with GOG.
SCPM: Same here, I thought the only supposed sticking points with Capcom and 2K was regional pricing. I'm amazed that Bethesda is looking to show up before either of them (yes I know about SFA2, but Capcom's been pretty silent for 3 years now).
I wonder how it is that SF Alpha 2 even came to be here in the first place. It's the only thing ever released here from Capcom, and has been basically abandoned for the past few years (no sales). With that kind of track record, it makes me curious how it even found its way on to here in the first place, and then activity from Capcom on GOG stopped 100% circa 2012 with only the single release. Did GOG have a "guy" they were in contact with at Capcom? If so, why hav they never tried to contact them again: "So, "guy", about releasing some more of the back catalog here on GOG..."?
Post edited August 27, 2015 by BrandeX
IronArcturus:
I believe they stated in their conference today that GOG has grown by 3x in the past 6mo, food for thought.
IronArcturus:
ShadowWulfe: I believe they stated in their conference today that GOG has grown by 3x in the past 6mo, food for thought.
Which is good. I still hope GOG can get either Microsoft or 2K Games someday!
ShadowWulfe: I believe they stated in their conference today that GOG has grown by 3x in the past 6mo, food for thought.
IronArcturus: Which is good. I still hope GOG can get either Microsoft or 2K Games someday!
Honestly, I think most things with GOG are just a matter of time. More games means more users, more users means more profit, and more profit means more games. The bigger GOG gets, the less sense it makes to not release things here.
IronArcturus: As a result, the second game did not do nearly as well as the first and it's largely forgotten.
I don't have an opinion on the multiplayer for BioShock 2, but as far as the single player went it was better than the first game overall (both the base game and the Minerva's Den DLC). Most people just brushed it off because it looked and felt similar to the first one in a few ways, which is why it wasn't as successful as the first one. The multiplayer didn't really push people away from it (at least from what I've read online).
Post edited August 27, 2015 by RayRay13000
BrandeX: I wonder how it is that SF Alpha 2 even came to be here in the first place. It's the only thing ever released here from Capcom, and has been basically abandoned for the past few years (no sales). With that kind of track record, it makes me curious how it even found its way on to here in the first place, and then activity from Capcom on GOG stopped 100% circa 2012 with only the single release. Did GOG have a "guy" they were in contact with at Capcom? If so, why hav they never tried to contact them again: "So, "guy", about releasing some more of the back catalog here on GOG..."?
I think it has to do with, originally this SF Alpha being released by the American branch of Capcom, who were willing to do flat price (when that was important) and not regionally lock it; "Capcom S.A." was originally the publisher, I believe.
Have you seen that other Warhammer games (including Dark Omen!!!) are marked as 'in progress' on the wishlist? :-)
In a similar case to the "Doom 1+2+3 wishlist", it just means that part of it has been completed.
IronArcturus: Which is good. I still hope GOG can get either Microsoft or 2K Games someday!
Marioface5: Honestly, I think most things with GOG are just a matter of time. More games means more users, more users means more profit, and more profit means more games. The bigger GOG gets, the less sense it makes to not release things here.
Good business is where you find it. Steam really got a bruised lip from that paid mod fiasco a few months back, plus the endless stream of garbage early access games is kinda hurting their rep. Let's face it, the gaming market on PC is pretty diverse, but the control for distribution is slowly coming down to GOG vs Steam... whether we like it or not. And with Steam stumbling some lately, it can only lead to GOG's benefit.
OK, sorry for unnecessary hype then.
Huniepop ("Thanks in large part to community support")

https://twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/636940253610295296
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/can_we_have_huniepop_on_gog_please/page6
Post edited August 28, 2015 by tfishell
Grargar: In a similar case to the "Doom 1+2+3 wishlist", it just means that part of it has been completed.
zeffyr: OK, sorry for unnecessary hype then.
Space Hulk is one I really want.
And this one as well.
Marioface5: Honestly, I think most things with GOG are just a matter of time. More games means more users, more users means more profit, and more profit means more games. The bigger GOG gets, the less sense it makes to not release things here.
Emob78: Good business is where you find it. Steam really got a bruised lip from that paid mod fiasco a few months back, plus the endless stream of garbage early access games is kinda hurting their rep. Let's face it, the gaming market on PC is pretty diverse, but the control for distribution is slowly coming down to GOG vs Steam... whether we like it or not. And with Steam stumbling some lately, it can only lead to GOG's benefit.
I started spending my budget entirely on GOG and Gamersgate (DRM free section only) around the time the paid mod fiasco happened. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Every time I log onto Steam I see a bevy of unity engine shovelware crap being heaved onto the new release page. They've let an ocean of garbage onto their platform and I hate it.