It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: Dark Dungeons
OK, one more for the list. Thanks.
I'll probably just wait a bit to edit the OP, just in case somebody else comes in with one or two more we didn't find. But that's gotta be just about it.
RWarehall: I was editing them in and then got ahead of myself and hit post reflexively, sorry. I loosely track the movie count (check every couple weeks or so), knew we started at 55 and are now at 47, so that should be the complete list.
'Saright. We're all ninjaing each other in here this evening, it seems. :)
Post edited October 24, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Perception (aka That game the devs outright refuse to patch on gog, despite it being boken and missing content - read all about it here - yet it didn't get the permanent price drop it got on Steam) has FINALLY, at long last been PULLED from the catalogue!

Good riddance to bad rubbish! That thing still being sold was an insult to every paying customer.
Post edited October 24, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Perception (aka That game the devs outright refuse to patch on gog, despite it being boken and missing content - read all about it here - yet it didn't get the permanent price drop it got on Steam) has FINALLY, at long last been PULLED from the catalogue!
GOG mentioned nothing about the removal again.
They really do not want to communicate with their customers.
kbnrylaec: GOG mentioned nothing about the removal again.
They really do not want to communicate with their customers.
Sometimes GOG is about as well informed of removals as we are. They log into the office, and there's an email just sitting there, telling them to remove a game for sale.
high rated
SCPM: The Zombie Orpheus films have been removed from GOG's film section because of the Twitter drama.
The full letter demanding the removal is here:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-23-zombie-orpheus-cancels-contract-with-gog-over-transphobia
Man, what a bunch of privileged snowflakes.

GOG's crimes were:
1) picture peeing on the gamer gate scandal
2) typing the phrase "Did you just assume their gender?"
3) Using "#WontBeErased" in a tweet

That's it.

I hate the millennial generation.
Now I want to know what's been confirmed to have been removed here by their creators for "ideological" reasons. The ZOF movies are official. Fez seems highly likely, as they requested its removal here after the "Pissgate" tweet (and knowing what kind of person Phil Fish is and his inner circle). What else?
Post edited October 24, 2018 by cannard
cannard: Now I want to know what's been confirmed to have been removed here by their creators for "ideological" reasons. The ZOF movies are official. Fez seems highly likely, as they requested its removal here after the "Pissgate" tweet (and knowing what kind of person Phil Fish is and his inner circle). What else?
I think that's pretty much it. Most games were removed due to changing or expiring rights (sold to a new developer or licensed material in game or a legal dispute over patches lifted from community mods). The next most common reason is the claimed inability to keep games up to date (or broken from the start).
high rated
OP updated.

fronzelneekburm: Perception (aka That game the devs outright refuse to patch on gog, despite it being boken and missing content - read all about it here - yet it didn't get the permanent price drop it got on Steam) has FINALLY, at long last been PULLED from the catalogue!
Thanks for the heads-up.

yogsloth: [snip]
I hate the millennial generation.
And I hate blaming an entire generation of humans based on the foolish overreaction of a minority of people (many of whom aren't even Millennials, even by the loosest definition of that label).

Anyway, It'd be great if we could keep this topic free of the usual tempest of outrage, counter-outrage, and counter-counter-outrage. There are already enough threads in this very forum about this sort of thing; no need for this one to be polluted as well. Thanks in advance.
Post edited October 25, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Thank you so much for OP's taking the time to chronicle these!

Some of these are surprising in how many times they've been removed and re-added.

Meanwhile I wish Recettear and Chantelise get re-added soon...I should talk to SpaceDrake about that...IIRC I heard it was something about some sort of store or currency setting...
Post edited October 25, 2018 by QuintSakugarne
QuintSakugarne: Meanwhile I wish Recettear and Chantelise get re-added soon...I should talk to SpaceDrake about that...IIRC I heard it was something about some sort of store or currency setting...
i remember them being a part of the games that got delisted after (long story short) GOG's headquarters were moved and the contracts had to be revised? GOG said they simply couldn't reach some of the publishers when that happened. But they are some of the few games that didn't get re-signed, so maybe there was a bigger issue like you're describing?

If there is anyone you could talk to, it would be nice to see them again!
Post edited October 25, 2018 by Blackdrazon
QuintSakugarne: Thank you so much for OP's taking the time to chronicle these!
It originally started as my just counting the removed games already chronicled in the GOG Wiki list -- only this year did I actually start listing them (and, because of how my breakdown was already structured, my chronicle is far less thorough and coherent than the wiki's). Grargar is one of the main ones who contributed to the wiki list that I based this on; he deserves much more credit than I do. :)

BTW: Does anyone know what happened with GOG Wiki? It was sounding like it was going to be shut down, then it...wasn't.
HunchBluntley: BTW: Does anyone know what happened with GOG Wiki? It was sounding like it was going to be shut down, then it...wasn't.
It was supposed to become read-only by June, but I was still able to make an edit right now.
HunchBluntley: BTW: Does anyone know what happened with GOG Wiki? It was sounding like it was going to be shut down, then it...wasn't.
Grargar: It was supposed to become read-only by June, but I was still able to make an edit right now.
I am deeply disappointed that "Bag of Butts 3D" (or similar) hasn't coincidentally appeared on the list of removed games. =P
thomq: The "Alan Wake-up" bump?
HunchBluntley: Maybe the "Sleep well, Alan" bump. :)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/alan_wake_back_on_sale_just_in_time_for_spooky_season_1d5ae
Now Alan did Wake up. ;)
QuintSakugarne: Meanwhile I wish Recettear and Chantelise get re-added soon...I should talk to SpaceDrake about that...IIRC I heard it was something about some sort of store or currency setting...
Blackdrazon: i remember them being a part of the games that got delisted after (long story short) GOG's headquarters were moved and the contracts had to be revised? GOG said they simply couldn't reach some of the publishers when that happened. But they are some of the few games that didn't get re-signed, so maybe there was a bigger issue like you're describing?

If there is anyone you could talk to, it would be nice to see them again!
I remember asking him previously and it was something like what you described, the contracts have to be revised, but they just hadn't gotten around to it or something like that.