It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crysis 2. And I'm darn miffed about it, too.

I love this game. I got maybe 75% through, but I can not get past this section in the streets. There is a HUGE giant "pinger" (?) that comes crashing through a wall, while all your teammates LEFT SO YOU CAN DESTROY IT BY YOURSELF (thanks for NOTHING), and I've been stuck on this area for months and months. Not only do you have to destroy the monster that is always facing you by shooting it in the back, but there are DOZENS of other stupid aliens that keep spawning all over and killing me in the process.

ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!
Syndicate (the reboot from 2012).

Aside from being ridiculously short - I'm on the final boss section now after just four hours of gameplay - it also has one of the worst fucking final bosses I've ever seen. Whoever thought those two cunts would be such a wonderful fucking idea really needs to be lobotomised and never let near a computer again.

I got there and was stuck on it for about three months, where I gave up for a year. I've just returned to it and found that it is just as impossible as before, so the game is officially abandoned for me now.
Nail'd
Not really a bad game, but not really exciting either. A fast paced arcade motorcycle/atv racer, which no doubt is competent technically. There is no proper trick system, which in my eyes is a miss especially with the crazy jumps the game offers. Because of this the game reminds me of the Motorstorm series for PS3, which has similar tracks with multiple routes. Only difference is that in Motorstorm the correct vehicle selection for particular track is very important and the boost system is a fun since it requires some tactics. I got past first trophy on Nail'd and just going to leave it at that. Grabbed the game on sale (obviously) and got like 5h out of this which is I am happy with. Time to move on to better games.
Lume (inconsistent difficulty curve)
Retro City Rampage (too fast paced and too fiddly for me, although I did not really get stuck and the humour was nice)
Okami (extremely long and annoying unskippable dialogues)
Volt - Battery on the loose (too hard)

Since I always want to finish stuff, I may pick them up later on and finish them.
Post edited April 07, 2014 by Klumpen0815
I started WoW in December (2013) and quit in January. Dull, boring game.
I have been out of gaming for about 5 years and just started up again in 2014. So I've worked through quite a bit of bundle junk as I've built my gaming library back up.

The only games that I just gave up on were Lucius and Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I wanted to like both, but they were just too frustrating for me.
Darkfall: The Journal

Too scary, and I don't like being scared. I thought I could take it and somehow even enjoy it, but I didn't.
Sadly this means that many of the other games I bought will probably never be played (Amnesia, Penumbra, other Darkfall games) because I gathered the Darkfall is pretty soft compared to the others.
Maybe when I get older? But I doubt it :-D
Klumpen0815: Okami (extremely long and annoying unskippable dialogues)
I understand you sooo well! ;)
During all my "career" as a videogamer, I think I played nearly 500 games to completion, regardless of their quality.
Of all those I picked up, I quitted only two: Final Fantasy 4 "the after years", given the fact I found it an obvious cash grab with caharacters, environments and even situations recycled (or should I say "shameless copied while watering down") from the original FF4, and Okami. Along with the annoying and unskippable dialogues (did the non-playable intro last more than half an hour or was just my impression?), I found that game insulting: it treats the player as if he (or she) was a complete retarded, holding your hand even for the stupidest of chores. It really offended my intelligence repeating things like "hey, that is a pot! You can break it with the standard attack you already used 9999 times for the same purpose!" any time the occasion allowed it. I managed to endure the first few hours, but then I had to throw it away, disgusted.

Edit: I quitted Okami in January 2014, FF4:TAY more or less two years ago.
Edit 2: Typos! I saw hamsters write better than me...
Post edited April 07, 2014 by Enebias
grimgroove: Darkfall: The Journal

Too scary, and I don't like being scared. I thought I could take it and somehow even enjoy it, but I didn't.
Sadly this means that many of the other games I bought will probably never be played (Amnesia, Penumbra, other Darkfall games) because I gathered the Darkfall is pretty soft compared to the others.
Maybe when I get older? But I doubt it :-D
Uh. No. As we get older we get more jaded to fright attempts.

I think you are getting younger.

Edit : Oh, never mind. I had read "maybe I get older". Gaah. Naps have this devastating effect on my brain.

(also age)

OP: I never quit a game. I put it on pause because of distractions (including other games). When it becomes actually quitting, I don't ever get aware of it. Quitting is forgetting, as soon as I remember it it gets back to merely "on pause" status.

A bit like losing contact with people. :-(
Post edited April 07, 2014 by Telika
Guild Wars 2: I gave it a try due to reviews that put the game on a level of "the perfect MMORPG". I do agree that it is an extremely polished game but I simply don't enjoy theme park type MMORPGs anymore. I never thought about the game when I was offline (which should be the opposite when I play a MMORPG), and never was thrilled when playing the game. It is a good game for what it is trying to do, but not something for my taste.

Games quit in recent years: Crash Bandicoot, Killzone, Borderlands, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Guild Wars 2
Klumpen0815: Lume (inconsistent difficulty curve)

Since I always want to finish stuff, I may pick them up later on and finish them.
Just FYI, Lume is extremely short (like about an hour or two at max?). There isn't much more to it than the locations you've probably seen already. So you wouldn't need to invest much time in order to finish it; on the other hand, you're not missing out on much if you don't.
Probably going to quit Elder Scrolls Online soon... at level 9... does that even count as started?
StingingVelvet: Probably going to quit Elder Scrolls Online soon... at level 9... does that even count as started?
How's the game, actually? Wanted to look for some reviews, anyway (you can answer in the Elder Scrolls thread, I think there is one...isn't it?).
Reever: How's the game, actually? Wanted to look for some reviews, anyway (you can answer in the Elder Scrolls thread, I think there is one...isn't it?).
It's a very WoW style MMO made to look and feel as much like Elder Scrolls as possible, but it's inherent WoW-ness shines through at every opportunity. If you like WoW style MMOs and Elder Scrolls lore it might be worthwhile. It's not poorly made.
StingingVelvet: It's a very WoW style MMO made to look and feel as much like Elder Scrolls as possible, but it's inherent WoW-ness shines through at every opportunity. If you like WoW style MMOs and Elder Scrolls lore it might be worthwhile. It's not poorly made.
I'm not the MMO type, anyway. Was just curious =)