It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spintires. And quitting just because I think I've used enough time on this now. Gotten at least 20h out of it, so really liking it. Time to move to other games now. What triggered this was a bug. Had a game saved with a truck fully loaded and almost at its destination. While loading the road went all bumpy and caused the logs to fly off the trailer. Would take way too long time to get another load and/or get another truck to reload them. Have used long enough time in this map/game already.
Darwinia, the only reason I even tried this, was because a friend gifted it to me, even after I told him, I was not interested... so I tried it, and yeah... I hated it, just not a game to my liking.
Second one I gave up for now is Valdis Story, perhaps I took a wrong way or whatever, but I ended up running from screen to screen with enemies and bosses much too hard, finding almost no save points... I propably went somewhere I should not, but in the end I was just frustrated and gave up. Perhaps I will try it again in a few months.
Interesting diversion... lets see, I haven't officiall "quit" a game as in started one and not finished it and decided to not play it anymore, however I start games all the time, play them for some amount of time and get sidetracked onto other games and end up not finishing them right away. :)

Here are some games I started this year (or restarted) and have not yet completed:

- Damnation (really close to the end though)
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Still Life 2
- X-COM: UFO Defense
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business (expansion pack)
- Blackwell Unbound
- Trine 2
- Section 8
- Anachronox
- Daikatana
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
- Mirror's Edge
- FEZ
- Octodad Dadliest Catch
- Sacred Gold
- Oil Rush
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Blades of Time
- BloodRayne
- Overlord
- Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
- The Witcher
- Hitman Agent 47
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Bioshock
- Bioshock Infinite
- Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
- F.E.A.R.
- Fallout
- Brutal Legend
- Clive Barker's Jericho

That's a list of the ones where I put at least several days into each game anyway. Probably another 30 or more titles that I played briefly and a whole host of others I am forgetting too. Hoping to finish off as many of them before the year's end though and many others. :)
Cubicity
I normally try to complete every game that I start, but I had to quit this one. Not because it is extraordinary bad (but it isn't very good neither) or the puzzles are too hard to solve (they are solid, but nothing special), but because of completely inaccurate controls.
Game was buggy and the controls didn't work very well the whole time, but it doesn't matter so much during the game, because everything is about puzzle solving and you can hardly do something completely wrong or die. But in the final level the gameplay suddenly changes and you have to do a bossfight where timing and accuracy are extremely important. It's not even very hard to figure out what to do and how to beat the boss, but with the inaccurate and often not-working (at least not as intended) controls, it's completely impossible to do so. Tried for a while and gave up when the experience got too frustrating.

Still want to thank triock who gifted me the game.
tinyE: I'll try it. :D
I know your post is a little old but in case you didn't know (assuming you gave up on SS2) you can tweak the INI file to turn off weapon degradation and you can turn down enemy respawns to a minimum. That will make the game easier and more enjoyable IMO.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City is my most recent abandoned game. Don't get me wrong, the game is extremely fun and the most fleshed out Castlevania clone I've ever played. However, after getting through 98% of the game with minimal to moderate challenge, I find myself completely unable to defeat the end boss' final form. I looked online for help and discovered that I hadn't leveled up my magic enough. How can you go through 98% of a game never leveling your magic at all and then get blocked at the very end because of it?

Since you can't easily get to the end boss' final form, backtracking to grind the necessary items to level up my magic was just more effort than I had patience for. So, goodbye for now, Valdis Story: Abyssal City!
tinyE: I'll try it. :D
jepsen1977: I know your post is a little old but in case you didn't know (assuming you gave up on SS2) you can tweak the INI file to turn off weapon degradation and you can turn down enemy respawns to a minimum. That will make the game easier and more enjoyable IMO.
Thanks but I draw the line at codes and changing script. :D Besides I'm playing it on 'easy' now and having a little better time.
Bioshock.
Too short, too easy. It just made me want to play System Shock.
jepsen1977: I know your post is a little old but in case you didn't know (assuming you gave up on SS2) you can tweak the INI file to turn off weapon degradation and you can turn down enemy respawns to a minimum. That will make the game easier and more enjoyable IMO.
tinyE: Thanks but I draw the line at codes and changing script. :D Besides I'm playing it on 'easy' now and having a little better time.
Okay cool - glad you like it since it's a good game even if it's not always "user-friendly". Just an FYI (since I don't know how tech savvy you are): Tweaking the INI file is very easy. It's a file you open with Wordpad that contains a bunch of text and you simply use the search function to find the line that you need to change and then change it and save the file and that's it. Once you have read online what line of the text that must be changed, it is very easy to do it.
tinyE: Thanks but I draw the line at codes and changing script. :D Besides I'm playing it on 'easy' now and having a little better time.
jepsen1977: Okay cool - glad you like it since it's a good game even if it's not always "user-friendly". Just an FYI (since I don't know how tech savvy you are): Tweaking the INI file is very easy.
Yeah I know. :D Long before I ever found GOG and I wanted to play the original Thief I had to do some major work on the ini file to get it to run on a newer PC. Of course, as simple as it was, when I got here I immediately bought Thief (is that an oxymoron?) so I wouldn't have to worry about it either way.
skeletonbow: Interesting diversion... lets see, I haven't officiall "quit" a game as in started one and not finished it and decided to not play it anymore, however I start games all the time, play them for some amount of time and get sidetracked onto other games and end up not finishing them right away. :)

That's a list of the ones where I put at least several days into each game anyway. Probably another 30 or more titles that I played briefly and a whole host of others I am forgetting too. Hoping to finish off as many of them before the year's end though and many others. :)
Good to know I'm not the only one. It's great having so many games at your disposal and being able to try them all at the same time to find the one among them that really draws you in, but it also sucks for those that are left on the side to be finished later. Getting back into them can be somewhat tedious and dissatisfactory; I don't remember as much as I'd like to remember about what I already did and learned, but still too much to make starting all over an entertaining option ...

javier0889: Bioshock.
Too short, too easy. It just made me want to play System Shock.
You abandoned it because it was too short? How do you know if you didn't complete it? :D
I'm very, very tempted to increase my list of quitted games to 3 (lifetime total) by adding Fez. I started it a few weeks ago, and I really can't force myself to go on... that game lacks any kind of challenge but then, out of the blue, it asks you to deduce an alphabet and a numerarion system by following apparently inconsequential clues found in random -and entirely missable- rooms. I also had to watch some solutions using the internet -I hate to do that- because I didn't have any kind of QR Code reader device, and that is (imo) unforgiveable. Shallow gameplay and nonsensical riddles are definitely not my favourite elements in gaming. Maybe it's just me, but I really can't understand all the praising reviews it recived.
Enebias: I'm very, very tempted to increase my list of quitted games to 3 (lifetime total) by adding Fez.
Now I'm curious: What are the two games you quitted?
Enebias: I'm very, very tempted to increase my list of quitted games to 3 (lifetime total) by adding Fez.
PaterAlf: Now I'm curious: What are the two games you quitted?
Okami and FF4: the after years. If you want to know my motives, I'll link you the post where I mentioned them!
Post edited July 03, 2014 by Enebias
Enebias: I'm very, very tempted to increase my list of quitted games to 3 (lifetime total) by adding Fez. I started it a few weeks ago, and I really can't force myself to go on... that game lacks any kind of challenge but then, out of the blue, it asks you to deduce an alphabet and a numerarion system by following apparently inconsequential clues found in random -and entirely missable- rooms. I also had to watch some solutions using the internet -I hate to do that- because I didn't have any kind of QR Code reader device, and that is (imo) unforgiveable. Shallow gameplay and nonsensical riddles are definitely not my favourite elements in gaming. Maybe it's just me, but I really can't understand all the praising reviews it recived.
XD I can't even get Fez to run. I guess I need a better PC.