It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Woah, sounds like you had a lot of fun!
omega64: Not really.xD
Not even sure why I finished it.
I guess it kept hoping it would get better. :P
Antimateria: well.. at least it had clara lille or what ever.. =)
omega64: Too bad she dies before she ever gets real character development. Oh wait it's the end of the game anyway. :P
I called it quits after I met Ray Kenny.

The character animation was the only thing I liked. Fuck the rest. But especially Pierce, that piece of shit.
ScotchMonkey: Republic Commando
Its a short one but a sweet one.
Leroux: How short, would you say?
Two sittings of 4 or so hours. It definately does not overstay its welcome. I just wish the campaign lasted longer and didn't end on such a dull ass note, not even a final boss or anything.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
omega64: Not really.xD
Not even sure why I finished it.
I guess it kept hoping it would get better. :P

Too bad she dies before she ever gets real character development. Oh wait it's the end of the game anyway. :P
ScotchMonkey: I called it quits after I met Ray Kenny.

The character animation was the only thing I liked. Fuck the rest. But especially Pierce, that piece of shit.
Leroux: How short, would you say?
ScotchMonkey: Two sittings of 4 or so hours. It definately does not overstay its welcome. I just wish the campaign lasted longer and didn't end on such a dull ass note, not even a final boss or anything.
You missed nothing.
ScotchMonkey: I called it quits after I met Ray Kenny.

Two sittings of 4 or so hours. It definately does not overstay its welcome. I just wish the campaign lasted longer and didn't end on such a dull ass note, not even a final boss or anything.
omega64: You missed more frustration and jank
Fixed
omega64: You missed more frustration and jank
ScotchMonkey: Fixed
Fair enough, suprisingly Aiden manages to get even more unlikable from that point. :P
Renegade Ops

Renegade Ops is a top-down vehicular combat game with role-playing elements developed by Avalanche Studios and published by Sega for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The game has a total of 12 missions, 9 Campaign missions and 3 DLC missions(Coldstrike Campaign). Each mission can be played in the single player mode or local(2 players)/online(2-4 players) co-op.
I had this game in my library for a long time, but I just couldn't get into it because of the controls. Steering the car with a mouse and keyboard or aiming with a PS controller analog stick didn't feel that great to me. However, recently I got a Steam controller, and it felt like the game was made for it. Steering the car and aiming has never felt this easy. Still I've seen others that have no problem using a PS controller for this game.
The game is a lot of fun, especially in co-op mode with friends. Also, on Steam you get an extra car, the Half-Life Buggy and the ability to summon Antlions.

Complete list of games finished in 2016.
Post edited February 21, 2016 by sanfueg
I also loved that game a lot when I played the disk version. I can very much recommend it.
It's true that it is on the short side (I think it took me about 10 hours, and I tend to play rather slowly). I don't know if the devs ran out of time or money to create more content. But at least it's fun all the way through, which can't be said of every game - even really good games often have passages that kind of drag along. So better short than having boring filler content or senseless backtracking to bolster up game time.
Post edited February 15, 2016 by toxicTom
toxicTom: I also loved that game a lot when I played the disk version. I can very much recommend it.
It's true that it is on the short side (I think it took me about 10 hours, and I tend to play rather slowly). I don't know if the devs ran out of time or money to create more content. But at least it's fun all the way through, which can't be said of every game - even really good games often have passages that kind of drag along. So better short than having boring filler content or senseless backtracking to bolster up game time.
Sounds like my kind of game! I'll have to give it a whirl soon.

Time is precious so I rather play a game that is 6 hours of pure fun than 20 hours with only 9 being actually good.
Post edited February 15, 2016 by Klumpen0815
toxicTom: I also loved that game a lot when I played the disk version. I can very much recommend it.
Klumpen0815: Sounds like my kind of game! I'll have to give it a whirl soon.

Time is precious so I rather play a game that is 6 hours of pure fun than 20 hours with only 9 being actually good.
Yeah it really had no dips in quality. It never felt like a slog. Really an overlooked gem when it comes to pacing. Shame about the ending being so abrupt but I'll live.

I have no experiance with the multiplayer however.
Never thought I could actually finish a game this year, but :

Consortium

This game has everything I love. Futuristic setting, nice art style, interesting story with great dialog.
Mechanic is interesting, but under used, because the game is kinda short.
I manage to get it while it's free, and it become one of my favorite gaming experience.

Can't wait for the sequel. I bet it will be awesome
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes

A very entertaining point-and-click adventure. It manages to be very funny and quite creepy at the same time. The artwork is great, as is the voice of the narrator. The puzzles are logical* but not too hard, also includes some true logic puzzles!

*With one notable exception: the pizza puzzle. (Spoiler-free explanation): I’m not sure if it’s a problem with translation or what, but the information given at the set-up of the puzzle is incorrect. I had to brute force the solution with trial and error. After I found the solution I could see the logic behind it, but the logic of the solution is not consistent with the information given at the start of the problem!

There were a few bugs, german subtitles in a couple of places (minor), but there was also one major save corrupting/gamebreaking bug at the final battle: after I quit the battle to try again, I couldn’t enter the battle again. Reloading a save from just before the battle kept the same bug (couldn’t enter the battle). Luckily I had a save from slightly prior I could reload from, which solved the problem. The battle itself was fairly anticlimactic anyway, a digression from the otherwise logic-based puzzles, and I did not enjoy it much at all.

I also think I missed a few references by not having played the first game, but nothing which prevented me from enjoying this one.

Still, it’s a very fun game and highly recommended :)!
Post edited February 15, 2016 by 01kipper
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Redux

When I first played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, I soon gave up on it. I was interested in the game, but sorely disappointed and frustrated by its performance and its save system. I had to deal with constant hiccups, while the game was calculating or loading the landscape, despite my rather recent and not too shabby graphic card. And although the game allowed you to explore freely and do things in any order, it only saved your progress on puzzles if you had fully completed them, and there was no other way to save your game, meaning if you stopped playing right in the middle of it, you had to start from scratch and repeat everything you did before. Not that you'd lose much time by doing that, if you still remembered what it was that you did, but it was tedious and irritating nevertheless.

In the meantime though, the developers have completely remade the game with the Unreal 4 engine and now offer this new Redux version for free to everyone who already owns the original (on GOG, you have to check for a serial key in your library and redeem it to have the Redux version added to your shelf). And thankfully, the developers listened to the criticism and fixed both issues mentioned above. The Redux version has become more demanding in its requirements, but as a tradeoff it now runs smoothly on my 64-bit, 8GB PC with GTX660 GPU, as it should. Apparantly, the UE3 version kept loading the landscape on the fly, in order to be less demanding, causing the game to stutter, while the UE4 version has stored the whole thing in memory already, or something like that. In any case, for mid range and high end PCs it seems to work much better now. And the autosaving in the Redux version kicks in whenever you've made a little bit of progress, even if a puzzle is not complete yet and you've only discovered part of the solution so far. It's still not perfect (for some reason it sometimes saves in the middle of the protagonist's monologue), but it's really cool that the developers put all this work into improving their game without asking anything in return, so that I could finally experience the game as it was meant to be, without worrying too much above performance and losing progress.

As for the game itself, it was alright. I'd describe it as a blend of Dear Esther and Murdered: Soul Suspect, only that the story is more interesting than in Dear Esther, and there's less handholding than in Murdered: Soul Suspect. It's beautiful to look at, music, speech and sound effects are of great quality, and the puzzle mechanics, while simple, are fun and give you a sense of achievement when you've figured them out all by yourself. My only gripe is that there are larger areas with no puzzles in them, and you do walk or run a lot without anything happening but landscape, impatiently waiting for the next spots you can interact with (or fearing that you might have missed something). In one case, near the end, I had to check a walkthrough because I was fed up with running around the whole area again, trying to find out if something had changed. And I guess it won't stick around in my mind for long, now that I've completed it, but it was nice as long as it lasted.
Post edited February 15, 2016 by Leroux
Octodad (2010)

This is a short humourous game where the fun is in the difficult/awkward controls for the protagonist. It took me under an hour to complete the game, it's quite easy (although it does get a little harder at the end). And it’s free :)!
http://octodadgame.com/octodad/download/
Post edited February 16, 2016 by 01kipper
01kipper: Octodad (2010)

This is a short humourous game where the fun is in the difficult/awkward controls for the protagonist. It took me under an hour to complete the game, it's quite easy (although it does get a little harder at the end). And it’s free :)!
http://octodadgame.com/octodad/download/
Where's te difference between the free version and this one?
Klumpen0815: Where's te difference between the free version and this one?
I haven't played the original freeware version, but from what I've seen on YouTube, I believe Dadliest Catch is longer, has a more coherent story with more characters and places, more professional graphics, is fully animated while the freeware version only has handdrawn cartoon pictures inserted to tell the story, and while some rooms and ideas seem to be included in both versions, the missions apparantly differ quite a bit. Dadliest Catch also has two short bonus stories included (restaurant & hospital) and supports custom levels (although I don't know how that works with the GOG version, without Steam Workshop). I'd say it's not just a slightly enhanced version of the original, but a game of its own. Might be worth playing both, if you enjoy the mechanics and humor.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by Leroux
Klumpen0815: Where's te difference between the free version and this one?
Leroux: I haven't played the original freeware version, but from what I've seen on YouTube, I believe Dadliest Catch is longer, has a more coherent story with more characters and places, more professional graphics, is fully animated while the freeware version only has handdrawn cartoon pictures inserted to tell the story, and while some rooms and ideas seem to be included in both versions, the missions apparantly differ quite a bit. Dadliest Catch also has two short bonus stories included (restaurant & hospital) and supports custom levels (although I don't know how that works with the GOG version, without Steam Workshop). I'd say it's not just a slightly enhanced version of the original, but a game of its own. Might be worth playing both, if you enjoy the mechanics and humor.
Thanks for the infos. Seems they remade it with a bigger budget then.