It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RudyLis: I don't think it's possible to "finish" endless (no pun intended) games like most 4X games, including Endless Space or Endless Legend, but at least I unlocked all achievements for the latter, and completed Dungeons of the Endless for the first time after release (did that while it was in Early Access).
Also completed, Complete journey version of Deponia.
So, any opinions on Deponia?
RudyLis: I don't think it's possible to "finish" endless (no pun intended) games like most 4X games, including Endless Space or Endless Legend, but at least I unlocked all achievements for the latter, and completed Dungeons of the Endless for the first time after release (did that while it was in Early Access).
Also completed, Complete journey version of Deponia.
Reaching a victory condition in 4X games is finishing enough for me. Also, Endless Space is pretty great.
omega64: So, any opinions on Deponia?
Mixed ones. Deponia 1 (I'll use numbers for simplicity) looks fine for me, pace is leveled, narrative is normal, yes, game has no "ROFLMAOSC" parts, but it also has no darkest pits of ragequitness. Length is also fine, you'll probably complete it before it bores you out.
Deponia 2 is completely different case. It has some funny parts, but it also has some parts... how would I put it politely? Had I ever told you how I hate people who keeps telling how the like minigames? No, I don't hate minigames. This part is a bit too long than it should be, degree of idiocy (and that's not compliment) is much higher, certain "jokes" are off the charts in my book, and puzzles resemble the worst of old Lucas Arts. Some say this is best part of Deponia, but I can't agree. For me it's worst one.
Deponia 3 has much less infuriation (do not confuse with ragequit) moments, yet still has them. Some "let's shove Poki's guitar into his arse so deep so he could show it to his dentist and laugh" kind of jokes are still present. Length is a bit too much to keep game enjoyable. It has some Picard-grade Awesome moments, sure, which smooth the negative sides, so I like it more than Deponia 2, but for me it's still worse than Deponia 1.
Ending is also one of Mass Effect 3-style "WTF" moment. Thankfully no colour-coded explosions and blue boy present. That's sarcasm.:) One may argue over lack of choices there, and, to an extent, I concur - Primordia had 7 endings, just for reference.

Personally I have feeling that Deponia 3 and especially Deponia 2 are just set of puzzles, and developers thought one day "hey, now we need story to tie them together", So from my perspective, narrative is broken. And I don't really like that.

Game is drawn nicely, music is fine, some track are superb (sadly soundtrack present only in most expensive edition and only for Deponia 3), but logic (or lack thereof) in some puzzles, certain "jokes", problems in narrative, and Rufus (Roofies:D) behavior in certain moments were huge off for me. I got it at discount, so it's not that offensive for my wallet, but I think I can find better use of those 30+ hours I spent playing. Ironically, I played Deponia 1 three times - first as standalone, second in that droggeljug mode (no achievement - famous German quality), and third as part of Complete journey. Oh, speaking of German quality - D1 worked flawlessly, D2 and D3 crashed several times and wiped saves (two apiece).
Sorry if I disappointed you. And no, ending wasn't the main reason of my disappointment, I kinda knew it will happen that way. :)

Austrobogulator: Reaching a victory condition in 4X games is finishing enough for me. Also, .
Well, in that case I completed Endless Legend. And Beta of GalCiv 3. :D

Austrobogulator: Also, Endless Space is pretty great.
Yay, high five! o/
If there is a game that could be tailored to someone, that's one that was made for me. EL is also fine, their attention to detail is overwhelming.
omega64: So, any opinions on Deponia?
RudyLis: *snip*
Sorry if I disappointed you. And no, ending wasn't the main reason of my disappointment, I kinda knew it will happen that way. :)

Austrobogulator: Reaching a victory condition in 4X games is finishing enough for me. Also, .
RudyLis: Well, in that case I completed Endless Legend. And Beta of GalCiv 3. :D

Austrobogulator: Also, Endless Space is pretty great.
RudyLis: Yay, high five! o/
If there is a game that could be tailored to someone, that's one that was made for me. EL is also fine, their attention to detail is overwhelming.
Don't worry you didn't disappoint me. :P
It's been a while since I played the series, The first one is probably the best one.
About the soundtrack: it seems like GOG includes the soundtracks for the games as extra's, German and English versions.
omega64: Don't worry you didn't disappoint me. :P
Glad to hear. I don't like to make people sad when I say things which aren't good, about their favorite things. :)

omega64: It's been a while since I played the series, The first one is probably the best one.
It's pleasant to see I'm not alone. :)

omega64: About the soundtrack: it seems like GOG includes the soundtracks for the games as extra's, German and English versions.
Yes, but complete journey present on Steam only, and cointains only stuff from 3rd game. And I don't really feel like buying Deponia 1 again here. :)
Just finished Back to the Future. The interface is so bad. >_<
I'm glad Telltale got better at ui design eventually.
The Blackwell Epiphany so far.

Plan to finish: Deus Ex
And more.
Catacomb Abyss

Since I started it, I should just finish the whole pack, right? I guess so...

Catacomb Abyss isn't really drastically different from Catacomb 3-D. A bit more variety in the environments, a total inability to change the keyboard bindings, mouse look that feels worse than the previous game (to the point that it forced me to go keyboard only), inability to charge your fireball, a couple of new enemies and somehow the game's movement felt less smooth than before (especially noticeable when the game gets a lot of enemies on screen). Other than those little changes, eh, it's still Catacomb 3-D.

Updated my list.
The Ball (PC)

This game seems to have been made for Oculus Rift, although it didn't exist back then.
Definitely something to play again with VR equipment.
The design is nice although a bit too repeating, the setting is something between steampunk, aztec south amerika and sci-fi, the physics puzzles are nicely made, controlling your only tool and weapon indirectly with a remote/hammer is quite a change. The only downsides for me are too many invisible walls and the secrets are hidden a bit too well, I didn't find most of them but surprisingly all 3 in the last level.
The fights without any real weapon but your remote controlled "indie trap" are unique and the giant zombie gorilla managed to scare me and was plain awesome.
It's rather short (about 4 hours if you take it slow?) so not really worth 10bucks, but I got it from a promo long ago.
I had to lower the resolution to 1600x900 in my old machine but then it ran very well with highest details.

The survival mode crashed on my system but didn't interest me very much anyway.

Into the list it goes:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited January 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Fate?

Not sure how this game is laid out. I bought the Traitor Soul version, so it looks like 3 games in one. There is no direction on which dungeon to start with or how the game should flow and the original questline is bugged, but you can still dungeon dive (playing dungeons endlessly with no purpose). From what I can gather, I have finished the first two games and am on to the third.

Its not a great game, but its a lot of game for the price (especially when bundled or on sale). Lots of bugs, frustrations, and steps backwards from standard dungeon crawlers, but also a working game with some appeal. Can recommend in terms of value and will keep playing to finish the third game.
Tiny & Big - Grandpas Leftovers (PC)

Very nice and innovative little game.
Lots of stuff to find, lots of methods to try, nice and not so hardware demanding graphics, overall a very nice game which is worth too much to shove it into every third bundle, although this is what happens.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Gorgeous looking and atmospheric adventure game.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PC - this is my second playthrough of DS (the other time on PS3) and it really is a great and rage-inducing game. The invironments in the game are to amazing and almost dream-like. It really is a great game but play it with DSFix and a controller.
HuniePop

Yes, yes, I know, it's not the kind of game you actually boast playing, even less completing, but I found it really good, so I had to mention it. If it's fairly standard fare as a VN/eroge, it's still very well designed and works smoothly. The chara design is actually good and the lines of dialogue are okay.

But what sold me to the game were the voices. AT LAST some adult voices, and not high-pitched 14yo girlie squeals (even if Momo does...). A lot of actual swear words, references to drugs... The author tried to make it "mature" but he actually managed to no overdo it, which makes the whole game very likable.

The only problem is that there is no "endgame". Once you "got" all the ladies (including the two secret ones and the boss), ...nothing. The game still continues to play. Of course, it can be good if you haven't collected all the costumes/hairstyles/gifts, but still, no endgame, no credits rolling, etc...
Another small grip I had is that you finally only have 4 pics max for each girl (if you have the uncensored version, of course) and I would have liked some more in the case you "go at it again" once you managed to sleep with her for the first time. But I understand that it's a lot of work, to creat all these drawings, so I'm not complaining... too much! ^_^

But I've heard that there will be a Valentine update, so maybe we'll have some more things to play!

Now, seriously, who's your waifu in that game? I can't resist to Jessie's voice, but Beli and Aiko are my favorites! ^_^

So far in 2015 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
30/1/2015 Chainsaw Warrior: A tough as nails game, but enjoyable for a quick spin. Be prepared to lose, a lot. All achievements completed, so I count that one as fully done, at least until Lords of the Night arrive.

Full list here