It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NoNewTaleToTell: Which part did you get stuck at? I managed to get stuck at two places, both of which involved a lot of switching in and out of shadows, and nearly quit the game forever haha.
omega64: after the circus. You're in this dome with objects you can rotate around.
I believe it was for opening a passage or something like that.
Oh yeah, I got stuck at the Planetarium too, and that was where I almost completely gave up on the game since that overall section is a pain in the rear. I would actually recommend you look up a walkthrough for that part, especially since you're really not far from the end of the game.
omega64: after the circus. You're in this dome with objects you can rotate around.
I believe it was for opening a passage or something like that.
NoNewTaleToTell: Oh yeah, I got stuck at the Planetarium too, and that was where I almost completely gave up on the game since that overall section is a pain in the rear. I would actually recommend you look up a walkthrough for that part, especially since you're really not far from the end of the game.
I did, it still confused me so I gave up. :P
The pirate ship sequence was terrible.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by omega64
NoNewTaleToTell: Oh yeah, I got stuck at the Planetarium too, and that was where I almost completely gave up on the game since that overall section is a pain in the rear. I would actually recommend you look up a walkthrough for that part, especially since you're really not far from the end of the game.
omega64: I did, it still confused me so I gave up. :P
The pirate ship sequence was terrible.
Yeah I agree about the pirate ship sequence (and that carousel sequence). I don't mind saying that Contrast probably would've made a much better movie than the game it is. As a game it's especially let down by the weightless and flighty controls, and the shadow switching can be really finicky. Still I really liked the story, characters, art and that fantastic soundtrack haha. If you ever give it another chance feel free to PM for (spoiler-free) tips!
Catacomb and The Catacomb (Catacomb II)

Both games are nearly the same in the way they are played. One is smaller, easier and doesn't allow you to save, while the other is larger, harder and allows you to save (though loading a save takes you back at the beginning of a level).

Catacomb is a top-down shooter in which you are trying to find your way out of maze-like levels, while battling a multitude of monsters. It's archaic-looking and has no music, it feels a bit like a college project than a game (the designers love to break the fourth wall quite a bit by labeling some monsters as software publishers, weathermen or politicians) and it only has 5 types of enemies and one kind of stage layout. Movement and combat are not particularly smooth, as you can't move and fire diagonally, while some of the enemies have an annoying tendency to appear diagonally from you. It can also be difficult to avoid getting damaged, thus after a while, you'll end up relying on your seemingly endless health potions along with your spell scrolls. Exploration can also be particularly annoying in some levels that are not immediately apparent where you should be going, as they require you to keep on attacking walls in order to find out where exactly is the path you should be taking (made more annoying in the first Catacomb as you must be chipping one-by-one each of the pixels of your path). In the end, both games are an interesting piece of history, but nothing more.

Full list here.
Post edited February 01, 2015 by Grargar
It doesn't count as finishing a full game, but I finished the second episode of Duke Nukem 3D, which is a pretty big accomplishment for me, given that I started playing the game 2+ years ago.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Austrobogulator
Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon

This was generously donated to the BBBBoB giveaway by SalarShushan (thanks again!), I was lucky enough to win it this weekend. I enjoyed it a lot.

The translation is not perfect and there are quite a few spelling errors, but I was already prepared for that and as a non-native speaker I didn't think it was that bad either, once I accepted that it's a little rough around the edges. And I didn't think it was laugh-out-loud funny, but still somewhat amusing in its wackiness and with its cast of characters, maybe similar to how I enjoy Strong Bad even though I can't say it's really my type of humor. As silly as they are, the characters just work in their own quirky way and managed to hold my interest in them, and just like the thing with the translation, once you accept everything for what is, with all its flaws, it develops it own charm, in this case a very old-fashioned charm, matching the retro graphics, and also with an individual Portuguese note. I liked that.

What added a lot to this charm were the great authentic soundtrack, played with real instruments (as far as I can tell) and the characteristic comic book style (you could even imagine that this was an actual Portuguese comic book series from the late 80's, early 90's). I was also pleased that I (almost) didn't need to consult a walkthrough to play through this point-and-click adventure, which is very rare nowadays. Only in the last, optional part where there was some tough pixel-hunting involved, I had to look for help online. This was definitely time well spent, and who knows, if I'm in the mood to revisit it one day, it might also be useful for improving my Portuguese. :)
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Leroux
Catacomb 3-D: The Descent

Catacomb 3-D: The Descent is the 2nd FPS ever made by id, predating even Wolfenstein 3D and as a result, it shows. Last year, when I completed Wolfenstein 3D, I mentioned that it didn't age particularly well. This is even truer for Catacomb 3-D; highly repetitive textures, a small amount of enemies, only one track of music that loops way too fast and becomes extremely annoying in no time and not particularly good collision detection which means that you will be constantly ramming and getting stuck on walls (made more annoying by the Wolfenstein 3D-like controls) while navigating the game's mazes. Like the original Catacomb, you have access to your fireball spell (which you can charge to inflict more damage) health potions to heal any damage, bolts which can deal high concentrated damage, and nukes which can deal area damage. Unlike the original Catacomb, the enemies here are significant sponges to the point that your index finger will seriously hurt if you rely exclusively on fireballs. Also, unlike Wolfenstein 3D, the game offers very little in the way of challenge, as, once more, you have an endless amount of health potions. In conclusion, just like its 2D predecessor, it's an interesting piece of history, but offers little in the way of entertainment. Consider it only if you really want to see how a pre-Wolfenstein 3D FPS was like.

Another update for the list.
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Grargar
Fate
Fate:Undiscovered Realms
Fate:Traitors Soul
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ
Zombie Solitaire
Dishonored (X4) + DLC.
Small Town Terrors Pilgram's hook
Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween
Escape Rosecliff Island
Splatter: Blood Red Edition
Paranormal State: Poison Springs
They Breathe
Them: The Summoning
Dust: An Elysian Tail (X2)
Torchlight 2 (X2 - Plus)
House of 1,000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster
Mystery Masters: Psycho Train
Brink of Consciousness: The Dorian Gray Syndrome
Unepic
Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe
Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders
Sinister City
The Cat Lady
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Zombie Bowl-a-rama
Lucid
Behind the Reflection 2: Witches Revenge
Mountain Crime: Requital
Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box
Weird Park: Broken Tune
Twisted Lands: Shadow Town
Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends
99 Levels to Hell
Enigmatis: The ghost of maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The mists of Ravenwood
Deponia
Nightmares From the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Skyrim
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek
Mind Snares:Alice's Journey
Left in the Dark: No one on Bord
Larva Mortus (Replay)
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Among the Sleep
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes
Time Mysteries Inheritance Remastered
To The Moon
Lost Lands: Dark Overlord
Lost Lands :The Four Horsemen
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Apothecarium: Renaissance of Evil
Hotline Miami
The Stanley Parable
Dracula Legacy
Lucius 2
Psychonauts
Half Life 2
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Divinity: Original Sin EE
Post edited December 15, 2015 by user deleted
hucklebarry: Include me Please ;)
No.
I just finished my shortest game (so far) this year. The Old Tree.

It's a very short (10-15 minutes) and very easy point-and-click adventure. I liked the graphics nearly all the time, the music was atmospheric and the game was fun for it's short time.

The game is free on Steam, so there's no reason not to give this fun game a try.

Here's my list.
The Blackwell Deception
A second playthrough just to get into the story again before I start playing The Blackwell Epiphany. Still love this game (especially the writing, the pixel art and the music). Compared to my first playthrough I have to say that the new character portraits look much better than the old ones.

Complete list of finished games in 2015
Finished-up DARK (PC) today.

Added it to my 2015 Completed List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post42

My Steam-review for it is over here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/225360/
Jan 27 - Lume

This feels more like a demo rather than a game. A very short, but not quite so simple point-and-click adventure. Finished in about 40 minutes.

The art cinematography is beautiful, unique, and well done, although it is somewhat low resolution. The characters are very likeable. If this was a longer game, it would be quite enjoyable.

You definitely have to pay attention to detail. One of the puzzles took me awhile to figure out.

It does have its shortcomings though. I wish one could mute only the music. Listening to the same short some for 40 minutes wasn't fun. Since one puzzle uses musical notes, you will need sound for that part. I also wish that the paths out of the house had been better marked. There is no indication that there's a path at all until you hover over the nothingness.

If you're looking for a game with a rich storyline or hours of gameplay, this is not it. If you have about 30-40 minutes to kill and want to play a short game with a cute art style and a few puzzles, then you'll probably enjoy this.

---------------------------------------------------

Jan 27 - Serena

This is a short interactive story that immerses you in its lugubrious atmosphere very well.

While the game is short, it is very thought provoking. They managed to pack a lot into a short amount of time and they did a wonderful job doing so. You may want to play through another time or two to try to answer any questions you have. I won't guarantee, though, that they will be answered.

Notes
Do not press the Escape key while playing. The game will quit and you will have to start over. I was hoping to find a menu of some sort.

The space bar enables hot spot markers that I found to be very helpful. I played with them enabled so that I could be sure to find all of the bits of story while playing.
I don't think it's possible to "finish" endless (no pun intended) games like most 4X games, including Endless Space or Endless Legend, but at least I unlocked all achievements for the latter, and completed Dungeons of the Endless for the first time after release (did that while it was in Early Access).
Also completed, Complete journey version of Deponia.
losms: Contrast
NoNewTaleToTell: How did you like it? When I finished it last year I felt that it had an enjoyable premise, good art, great music and a likeable story, but the controls and checkpoint placement really hurt it.
The game has okay-ish story, it looks good and music is quite nice. Towards the end the gameplay got little repetitive. I didn't have problems with controls, I played with the Xbox 360 controller. The save point system is really bad, it only saved the game when I finished an act. Checkpoints worked fine, but those do not work as save points when you finish playing and exit the game. Also the price is too high for a game which you can play thru in 2-3 hours.