It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If I really completed everything, I delete the game right away. If there is still something left (bonus levels, unlocked characters, etc.) it stays on the HD for some time. If I haven't touched the game in some months, it gets deleted as well.
TARFU: Here's a question that I wonder about in regards to other members here on GOG:

Ok, let's say you purchase a game and then complete it and view all extra content available (manual, etc).
Do most of you uninstall/gift the game, or do you keep it around based on how much replay value/nostalgia it has?
You can't gift the game if you've installed it. DRM-free or not, that's completely against the TOS for this site.

I tend to keep the game installed if it's something I think I'll play through again in the not too distant future.

TARFU: I personally keep every game I have purchased just in case I want to play it again a year or two (or longer) from now.

I think that's why many of us come to GOG in the first place, because we want to play the games we once owned or missed out on when they first came out. Why take a chance on not having it again?

As I posted in another thread, not wanting to lose access to my games is a major reason why I won't be dropping Windows 7 in favor of Windows 10.
Seems you're interchanging the idea of installing the game and backing it up. Installed or not, I have every GOG game I've purchased backed up on two separate drives. If I feel I want to play a game that I've previously uninstalled, I have all the files on my backup drives and can just reinstall from my archive. I make it a practice to DL a game and all its extras as soon as I buy it (or have it gifted to me).
Just finished Jade Empire. I got Fable the other day and liked it so I checked how long it should take to beat, but noticed that Jade Empire was about as long and I was most the way through the second chapter. So, I persevered and here is what I thought:
I really liked it from an atmosphere and aesthetic point of view even if the character models look a little funny sometimes. I thought the game mostly looked good. I really liked the voice acting, even if his role was only okay I like Cam Clarke's presence. The gameplay was... hard to say. Some moments it's really fun but you notice soon enough that the combat has three moods: first is it's not hard but not difficult either, this is common earlier but not much later; then there is easy, for the most part this is what combat is like- very easy; then finally there is frustratingly, stupidly, artificially hard. That last one nearly ruins the game some moments as there are some arbitrary and silly limitations, like weapons don't work, you are made to go without healing for long whiles, or one enemy is just so ridiculously overpowered where it's just not funny. As usual, even though many characters speak in the same voice (i.e. "Long sentence... euphemism") i liked the conversations the best, although they commonly dragged. The plot was pretty much every other WRPG and in particular BioWare game, but that's not so bad. Not so good either.

Overall, really good game punctuated with moments of frustration.
After a huge lapse of not having time to beat anything, I finally finished SOMA. Overall, I thought it was a great, intelligent game; I suppose that none of its ideas are strictly original (I don't read enough science fiction to say), but I'd still point to it as an example of scifi done right to explore interesting concepts.

I have to say, though--and this may be a little controversial, given how each game was critically received--that I wish it were more Machine For Pigs than Dark Descent. By which I mean, the running and hiding from monsters got to be more of an irritant then a source of horror; there's this great story going on, and I don't want to put it on hold while I go crouch in a corner and hope a monster goes away. Keeping a great atmosphere of horror without getting in the way of the game was something that AMFP did really well, imo, and which neither SOMA nor Dark Descent quite managed.

Still, really glad I played it; no regret at getting it on launch for full price, something I rarely do but which I feel Frictional has earned.
Post edited October 31, 2015 by BadDecissions
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Android)

A steampunk adventure Artifex Mundi style.
It seems to have been made for a large PC screen, since the HOGs that show the items to search on the bottom of the screen are imposible to solve since you only see a few small pixels on a 10" tablet.
I've found all but one bug, which bugs me a bit. Some of those only come out if you wait in a screen, so I may have been to fast at some point.
Although I love the steampunk approach, I think that Grim Legends 2 was better executed.
As always, the language is automatically chosen without any option and the German translation is bad like in the other ones.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (Android)

Shorter than the first one and I wonder what the urchins were for in this one since I didn't have any use for them.
There is a chalkboard in the school where you obviously could paint pictures and send them to the printer in the original version. The Android version just crashed and deletes your (only) savestate when you try to do this, which just shouldn't happen. It has way more singing in it than the first game but I consider this to be a good thing when it comes to games for children.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
The stanley parable.

Another cost versus time issue. For $15.00 the game is easily beatable in 5 minutes. That is a hard sell. That said, the replay-ability of the game is entertaining to a point. The voicing is well done and some of the achievements are comical as well.

On the down side, the game is still extremely short. You can finish ALL of the possible endings in about an hour. There is nothing to do save walking and clicking buttons sparse buttons. Some of the Achievements are intentionally awful (Don't play the game for 5 years).

Its an interesting concept and executed very well in some areas. I will disagree with many of the reviews that claim the price is in the right spot. As a bundle purchase, I can highly recommend this game.
TARFU: Ok, let's say you purchase a game and then complete it and view all extra content available (manual, etc).
Do most of you uninstall/gift the game, or do you keep it around based on how much replay value/nostalgia it has?
I uninstall it, because I'm not a completionist and I'm not seeking 100% on achievement and things like that. I keep it installed only if it has a multiplayer component and I know I can play with my friends. Otherwise, if it has multiplayer and none of my friends play that game, it gets deleted as well...

I just finished Paranormal State: Poison Springs, a HOG I certainly got in a bundle because I don't remember paying for it specifically.

Good HOG overall. The story is nothing original but still gets the job done. Hidden objects sequences are well done and require a bit of thinking, which is nice. But the characters are quite badly drawn, I think, a bit like a mockery of american police dramas like CSI or the likes. But it is still okay.

So, well, yes, a nice game which will take you around 5 hours to complete if you have the collectors edition which seems to add a chapter after the end of the game, a bit more if you want all achivements maybe. If you like HOG, it's quite a good game.

And while I was at it, I played The Stanley Parable. Played and not finished? Yeah, because, well, I've played a handful of back-to-back runs, different endings and thus I finally consider it as finished and uninstalled from my computer. Why? While enjoyable and making me astonished at the cleverness of its authors, it still tries too hard to be deep for me. And I have other games to play. So, I didn't hate that game, but it failed at making me wanting to play more.

So far in 2015: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
Post edited November 03, 2015 by xa_chan
Mark of the Ninja

Art/story are fantastic. Aspects of gameplay are quite good, though the level of challenge is quite inconsistent (on regular). So 'A+' for concept, but sometimes 'B' delivery.

Some parts you can sleep-walk through, but a few parts require some pretty fussy movement/timing, which I found frustrating playing with M&KB at times.

I'd definitely recommend it as a gaming experience, and if I played through again I might consider playing on higher difficulty since most of the challenge on regular is really the environments/platforms that are occasionally a bit finicky, and not the enemies imo.

Overall I guess I'd give it an A-.
Dracula Legacy.

No frills HoG/Adventure. Not horrible, but a little rough around the edges. This one was recently on sale for sub twenty cents. Definitely worth that and possibly even worth the standard $2.99 price tag. A little cheesy and generic sounds and visuals plague the game, but other effects and elements are fairly well done.
Splinter Cell

I've been playing SC for quite some time and I was in the verge of quitting it not because isn't any good but due to the fact that I'm "shocked" by System Shock (which I'm still playing). Today I returned to it just to finish the game (I knew I was near the end because I've played it before).

So, is it any good? Yes it was and still is!

Aside from some general & AI problems that are caused by design rather than bugs (the alarms duration are usually very short, sometimes they won't see you in the distance even if you are into the light, other times they're too dumb and will walk into exploded gas grenades to take a sniff of the gas, even though they can see that their "colleagues" fall like insects when exposed to insecticide and other times they are too damn efficient in tracking you and shooting you, at least at the highest difficulty setting that I've played it.), the game is very enjoyable to play.

The graphics are great even with today's standards even though they lack all of these effects that today's games have (and I prefer it that way!), the sound effects are OK, the voice acting is good even though Sam's voice is a little muffled or so I think and the soundtrack is OK too although nothing to write home about.

As for the gameplay, it is quite enjoyable especially if you want to be like a "ghost" through the levels rather than killing anything that moves (in missions where lethal force is approved by the HQ) and the gadgets (especially the night vision & thermal modes) are very helpful.

All in all, Splinter Cell is a great addition to every stealth action lover's library. I hope that someday we'll see the newer SC games on GOG too!
So long since the last time I posted here.

I cleared The Journey of Persona 3 FES, but as I have yet to clear The Answer I don't count the game as beat. However, I beat Saints Row 2.
Life is Strange

It is an okay game, but the decisions you have made previously arent important anymore.
In the end it is one real decision after this you will get one of the two endings.
Neither of them answers your questions.
turbosnake: Life is Strange

It is an okay game, but the decisions you have made previously arent important anymore.
In the end it is one real decision after this you will get one of the two endings.
Neither of them answers your questions.
What questions?
I finished it and was pretty satisfied.
Vythonaut: Splinter Cell

I've been playing SC for quite some time and I was in the verge of quitting it not because isn't any good but due to the fact that I'm "shocked" by System Shock (which I'm still playing). Today I returned to it just to finish the game (I knew I was near the end because I've played it before).

So, is it any good? Yes it was and still is!

Aside from some general & AI problems that are caused by design rather than bugs (the alarms duration are usually very short, sometimes they won't see you in the distance even if you are into the light, other times they're too dumb and will walk into exploded gas grenades to take a sniff of the gas, even though they can see that their "colleagues" fall like insects when exposed to insecticide and other times they are too damn efficient in tracking you and shooting you, at least at the highest difficulty setting that I've played it.), the game is very enjoyable to play.

The graphics are great even with today's standards even though they lack all of these effects that today's games have (and I prefer it that way!), the sound effects are OK, the voice acting is good even though Sam's voice is a little muffled or so I think and the soundtrack is OK too although nothing to write home about.

As for the gameplay, it is quite enjoyable especially if you want to be like a "ghost" through the levels rather than killing anything that moves (in missions where lethal force is approved by the HQ) and the gadgets (especially the night vision & thermal modes) are very helpful.

All in all, Splinter Cell is a great addition to every stealth action lover's library. I hope that someday we'll see the newer SC games on GOG too!
Splinter Cell is GREAT, and I say that as someone who never even considered trying it when it first came out. I've since bought (but haven't yet played) Chaos Theory on Steam. I will be both pleased and annoyed if the other Splinter Cell games appear on GOG at some point.. I also played System Shock (2) at about the same time as I played Splinter Cell, can't remember which I played first now to be honest. My imagination must have been in roughly the same place as yours :)