It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DRIVECLUB (Base Game) (PS4)

A very fun track-based arcade racer. The graphics are amazing. The controls hit that sweet spot, easy to use but difficult to master, especially with different cars requiring a different touch. Nice variety of cars and tracks. It’s got a good difficulty system too, in that it’s pretty easy to get one star for each event, but much harder if you want to get all three stars.

Overall a very fun game for any racing fans. I’m moving on to the Season Pass DLC next :)!
Post edited October 27, 2015 by 01kipper
StorkV88: South Park Stick of Truth, what a great game!
If you're not offended by South Park humour, it's fun as hell, isn't it?
Grim Legends (Android)

Since I've heard so much good and bad things about the hidden object games from Artifex Mundi, I'd thought I'd try one of them when trying to fall asleep at night. I've finished the base game, the bonus chapter and at least found all the fairies.

The good:
- Pictures are nicely done.
- Voice-overs are ok although not great.
- Not 100% HOG, also point'n'click adventure and a few puzzles now and then which are extremely easy.
- Not too short.

The bad:
- The resolution of all the videos is really bad.
- Obviously made specifically for girlie girls that fit in the stereotype and want to see over the top stereotypes about the rich prince that falls in love with a poor peasant girl, magically talented and nature bound women, female-only nature spirits / fairies hidden everywhere, the wild beast that is protecting girls (I've read some interesting psychology articles about the urge for those).
-> Every problem is solvable via jewelry and magical items that are conveniently placed for her by other people and are made for solving problems so she don't really has to solve them herself.
- It automatically gets translated to German for me which I absolutely hate, since it's not only irritating if you hear and read different languages that you both understand, but the translation is horribly wrong in many cases, it looks like someone used Google-translate and took an hour to correct some mistakes while leaving the others in there.
Why is it so hard to make a language option in the menu?
The hidden objects in the HOG-scenes are mostly unrelated to the storyline and make no real sense, but whatever. Messies are everywhere.
- When opening the game I get a message that google-play needs to be updated (I've never used it and don't have an account) but it works anyway and I've got a pop-up urging me to write a review of the game on a regular basis.
I've got the DRM-free version from a Humble Mobile Bundle but at times it doesn't really feel like it and I wonder how this is handled in the play-store version.

Conclusion:
It's more a mix between HOG and first person point'n'click adventure for girls with some easy puzzles, I'm currently playing the second part and it seems to be more of the same with a strong relation to an old German fairy-tale I actually knew about. It's quite relaxing and if you can ignore the stereotypes, it is actually well made if you don't count the horrible translation that is forced upon you if you happen to be located in the wrong area.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited October 27, 2015 by Klumpen0815
ScotchMonkey: Shadow of Mordor

The most egregious example of "we couldn't be arsed to write anything decent or coherant so we'll just throw some shit together" in quite a while.

All you need to know is that this is Batman with swords and kind of Assasins Creed parkour with really awful load times.

Decent if you can get it for cheaps.
What platform? I'm playing on PC and the only "load time" is starting the game. And, that goes so quickly, I can hit escape before they finish the story background voiceover and hop right into the game. When I enter a special area (like a promotion fight or hunt, the loadtime is so quick and seamless, I almost forgot they were present. This is on a 4 year old PC.

I'd also disagree with the complaint about story. Did you find all the artifacts and listen to the background for each of them? Did you watch the cut scenes? Did you listen to the background voiceover for the load screens? Did you listen to the orc banter when you get near? Did you unlock all the towers? Did you check the options screen and read the background of all the items, people, and places that you unlocked?I wouldn't call it a feature film, but I felt it had plenty of lore and ambiance.

My gripes are from the way orcs and captains pile up endlessly on you. Its not uncommon to be fighting 3 - 5 captains plus infinitie orcs at the same time. While fun in doses, this always happened when I was wanting to advance the story.

I definitely agree the game isn't perfect, but I didn't experience your issues and am curious if its a versioning issue?
StorkV88: South Park Stick of Truth, what a great game!
GR00T: If you're not offended by South Park humour, it's fun as hell, isn't it?
I can't remember the last game that made me laugh so hard!
ScotchMonkey: Shadow of Mordor

The most egregious example of "we couldn't be arsed to write anything decent or coherant so we'll just throw some shit together" in quite a while.

All you need to know is that this is Batman with swords and kind of Assasins Creed parkour with really awful load times.

Decent if you can get it for cheaps.
hucklebarry: What platform? I'm playing on PC and the only "load time" is starting the game. And, that goes so quickly, I can hit escape before they finish the story background voiceover and hop right into the game. When I enter a special area (like a promotion fight or hunt, the loadtime is so quick and seamless, I almost forgot they were present. This is on a 4 year old PC.

I'd also disagree with the complaint about story. Did you find all the artifacts and listen to the background for each of them? Did you watch the cut scenes? Did you listen to the background voiceover for the load screens? Did you listen to the orc banter when you get near? Did you unlock all the towers? Did you check the options screen and read the background of all the items, people, and places that you unlocked?I wouldn't call it a feature film, but I felt it had plenty of lore and ambiance.

My gripes are from the way orcs and captains pile up endlessly on you. Its not uncommon to be fighting 3 - 5 captains plus infinitie orcs at the same time. While fun in doses, this always happened when I was wanting to advance the story.

I definitely agree the game isn't perfect, but I didn't experience your issues and am curious if its a versioning issue?
On 360 it has awful load times, even when installed on the HDD. Most likely a version issue. Visuals were fairly nice.

I did find all the artifacts.

I unlocked everything.

I climbed all the towers.

I did listen to the story.

It was dull and predictable.
Haven't finished a game since June when I did the Wolf Among Us during the summer sale in one sitting basically. And now I finished 3 and a a bit in one week :)

- The Age of Decadence - Had potential but for me it turned out average at most. They made such a badge of honor that this game is "hardcore" so that you need to specialize in order to finish the game, that you won't be able to mix and match, won't be able to do everything. It sounds good in theory but it practice it killed the game for me. I see talk of choice and consequence, multiple solutions, but it's bullshit. Because of the way the game is made there is one choice that matters and that's how you make your character. Once you do that you are railroaded to the end. There is no true freedom, no true choice. You made a fighter you will do fighter quests by fighting. Multiple solutions? Sure, in another playthrough. And that makes it a joke. The game is also shorter than I expected. I guess being limited in what you can do would make for a short game. Got some more complaints but that was the main issue for me.

- Huniepop - You would think by the complaints when the game did not come to GOG that we were missing some sort of masterpiece. Ha! You would be wrong. Sex sells. That's the game in a nutshell. It's a match 3 game and there are better out there. Puzzle Quest springs to mind. But that one doesn't have sex so...

- Witcher 3 - GOTY for me. After about 140 hours I finally finished it and it was an amazing experience. Having played the first two game it was wonderful to see how the devs evolved from one game to the other. I wish I could put into words just how good this game is, unfortunately I'm not good at doing reviews.

- The "bit" also finished apart from these 3 was the Champion of the Arena Campaign of King's Bounty Crossworlds. If you like boss fights it's OK. But it shows that the game was not made with short campaigns like this in mind.
Just finished Astebreed (GoG) the game was a quickie it was only two hours long and they flew by,it's actually a really fun bullet hell game and the story was pretty good,and it kinda had a cute ending.

I enjoyed myself.
Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside (Android)

After all the talk about those games, I needed to get to know more about them, so this was the second one I played, since I didn't know, that it came before "Thunder & Lightning".
I liked the artworks more in "No Need to Hide", although the gameplay was better in the second one imho.

--------------------------------------------

Grim Legends 2 (Android)

Just like the first one but instead of the overused stereotypes it is a take on an old German folk tale known as The Six Swans. It's shorter but still good.

--------------------------------------------

Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds (Android)

This is the third Humongous adventure I've played and by now the shortest one. From what I gathered, the bottles get placed in different locations at every playthrough, which rendered some items useless in my playthrough and I wondered if I'd missed something, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
It's a nice children's game for sure and if the Humongous games had German versions, I'd present them to children for sure.

I regret not having bought the Humongous Humble Bundle after having played Android versions of three of those games by now, but I've never heard of those before.

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Shadow Warrior: Wanton Destruction (Steam)

This is an add-on pack included with Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, containing new levels but the same gameplay from the original game. Fast, funny, and bloody, with a variety of levels to explore (the airplane level in particular was totally awesome), this is the way a FPS should be! “It’s fun, but it ain’t no Duke” (to paraphrase ScotchMonkey, who summed up Shadow Warrior perfectly!)
Just finished Geneforge 3.
As an agent and joined the rebel faction.
This game was rather liner scenario compared to 1 and 2, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Next game will be Avernum 4 or Blades of Avernum. I really like spider web RPGs.
Super Exploding Zoo (PS4)

A cute puzzle game. You start each level with one animal and your goal is to stop the encroaching monsters from eating your egg. To accomplish this you need to free/wake other animal friends until you have enough animals to defeat the monsters. Different animals types have different abilities, which are useful either to free more trapped animals, or to slow or attack the monsters. Overall it’s a fairly easy game and very cute, I’d rate it “OK” and recommend it to people who like cute puzzle games.
Here's a question that I wonder about in regards to other members here on GOG:

Ok, let's say you purchase a game and then complete it and view all extra content available (manual, etc).
Do most of you uninstall/gift the game, or do you keep it around based on how much replay value/nostalgia it has?

I personally keep every game I have purchased just in case I want to play it again a year or two (or longer) from now.

I think that's why many of us come to GOG in the first place, because we want to play the games we once owned or missed out on when they first came out. Why take a chance on not having it again?

As I posted in another thread, not wanting to lose access to my games is a major reason why I won't be dropping Windows 7 in favor of Windows 10.
TARFU: Here's a question that I wonder about in regards to other members here on GOG:

Ok, let's say you purchase a game and then complete it and view all extra content available (manual, etc).
Do most of you uninstall/gift the game, or do you keep it around based on how much replay value/nostalgia it has?
Depends on how much I liked the game. If I really like it or feel it's a game that I can play any time, I'll keep it installed. Usually I uninstall, though. When I beat Alan Wake last weekend, I uninstalled immediately. It's a good game but I'm more likely to play American Nightmare at some point than go back and replay the first game in the foreseeable future.

Games that tend to stay on my computer are things like Pirates, Spelunky, Civilization, Mount and Blade...
When I finish a game I always delete it but I never gift it (GOG does not allow gifting of downloaded games in any case!!). If I want to play it again in the future I'll download it again.
Post edited October 30, 2015 by 01kipper