It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

htown1980: I've avoided that game because I heard it was really hard. Is it really as hard as everyone says? Did you finish it because you are you really good at video games or because its not that difficult?

I'm extremely old and impatient so I get frustrated quite easily.
bler144: I bought it on Humble's $2 sale the other day as well. No question it's hard, and there is a bit more to it than sheer memorization.

Some mobs behave very consistently and a few don't - so you need to be dialed into the pattern while being flexible enough to accommodate other mobs perhaps changing up.

I've read a lot of those other reviews, and they're correct that save points are probably a bit farther apart than they need to be. But a number of negative reviews also suggest you have to start from scratch each time you play, which isn't true. Your last save point persists and can be accessed from the start menu by exiting screen left, rather than going right which does restart.

I've enjoyed it - just haven't had a lot of uninterrupted time to play this week :\
Thank you. I think that there are in fact save points has convinced me to try it. I hate the idea of starting again completely from scratch. I just don't have that kind of patience any more.
htown1980: Thank you. I think that there are in fact save points has convinced me to try it. I hate the idea of starting again completely from scratch. I just don't have that kind of patience any more.
Was just messing around with it and discovered something I hadn't noted before. If you 'x' out of the game, your progress saves for when you relaunch (can reboot, whatever you want to do in the meanwhile), but if you use the game menu to 'quit' the game it tells you you will lose your progress if you continue.

So perhaps that's the design issue that steered people awry.
The Cat Lady.

Before I spend too much time praising this game, I must state that it was a pretty disturbing game. After getting through it, its tone turned out to be more positive than you would expect (especially if you make the right choices along the way), but getting to the end was rough.

That said, the presentation was so well done, that getting to the end was easy. The only issue I see is that this isn't much of a game... its much more of a conversation viewing app, where you mostly just click the very lengthy conversations along. As bad as that sounds, the voicing, ambient music, musical score, cinematography, and plot are so well done, you hardly notice.

Kudos to making a truly creepy game albeit a sick one :P

Highly recommend to adventure fans that like a deep background story and can stomach some rough subject matter and content. The visuals look bad in walkthroughs and screenshots, but they actually serve to help deliver a great presentation for this particular game.
Beat that one myself a while back. Got to say I share your opinion. Great presentation and a good disturbing story, however, it wasn't much of a game. The game aspects were really just to help tie the story together. Anyways, I still highly recommend a playthrough, especially when its always on special for dirt cheap.
Halo: MC Anniversary Edition (Halo 1) Co-Op

Of course, I have beaten this game many times before, but my brother recently got the Anniversary Edition for his Xbox One. We always play co-op together, as that's the only way he really plays games much.

We played it on Heroic difficulty (2nd Highest) and I wish we had played it on the hardest difficulty as it was way too easy. For some reason they dumbed down the Anniversary Edition of this game. Almost every balancing change they made was in favor of the player, not the enemy. Way too easy. The guns are way too powerful or the enemy's defenses are way too weak. The bigger enemy's don't even jump out of the way of grenades anymore?!

Were going on to Halo 2 later today...
Red Faction, finally... today!
Started on the PS2 years ago but never could get very far at all due to a disk read error. Gotta say, it felt like it was going to end about three different times, then the actual ending was suddenly there.
Just finished off Metro Last Light. A very good game that is unfairly compared to STALKER (I am not contesting that STALKER is better in many ways). It came across to me like a combination between the newer CoD and Far Cry and with a setting different enough than but similar to the STALKER and newer Fallout games. This game did remind me a little of FEAR in the way it tells its story, but it's not scary at all. There were maybe two jumps in this game for me. Combat reminded me of Far Cry 2. I did not like the guns in this game mostly because none of them felt solid, now I realize this may have been on purpose but even then the guns lacked that punch and feedback one desires from their arsenal. Overall, it is one of the better FPSs from the past five years.
FInished The Banner Saga. It was a hell of a game: gorgeous graphics, great music and a really interesting story. Combats were greatly improved since the Banner Saga Factions release as I really liked them.

Only two problems:
- Difficult start with lots of people with nordic names, difficult to remember who is who at first.
- Lots of loading screens

Full list here.
Lords of Xulima

A very good game, but not without flaws. The game is very combat-heavy, to the point where it forces you to grind certain areas in order to get powerful enough to start making actual progress. The amount of grinding is one of the main reasons that make the game as long as it is: I think the length could easily have been halved by making leveling up a little bit faster, and by cutting down the number of enemy patrols. I have nothing against long games, quite the contrary, but if the length is made artificially like this, then it just becomes work. I also think that they should've hired better voice actors, because the voice acting is laughable at best. Kinda removes a bit of immersion from the all-around epicness

Still, I generally had a good time wandering around the continent and trying to figure out where I should head next. Xulima is a very diverse place, so every new area was interesting to explore. Generally speaking, if you don't mind your RPGs grind-ish, I'd say give this one a go.
I went back to Burnout Paradise and finished my Bike License today (Completed Bike 'DLC' basically. I put DLC in quotes because I'm pretty sure that only 'The Ultimate Box' with all the DLC included was ever released on PC, so it's only really, truly DLC on console)

With the bikes there've thrown SO much out - All the exploration stuff, the Billboards aren't there at all, all the main game events except solo point-to-point races, all the events are like burning routes, except for the few checkpoint races, a couple of which are a lap around the perimeter of the entire map!
What it DOES add is Speed though - the bikes ARE pretty cool to ride, but you only get the best one as a victory unlock with no further challenges to try it on!
Still, it was a fun blast, if a little easy I fully expected to go onto an 'Elite Rider License' after getting the 'Full' one but nope - Bikes 100% complete!

Anyway full list here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post118
Post edited May 18, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games

Who knew? Finland is now apparently the new athletic super power. I got the #1 standing with a total of 11 gold, three silver and one bronze. Even managed to get one world record (women's 50m freestyle) and a few olympic records. I quite liked this game, even though it was mostly pretty easy, at least on normal difficulty. For example, games like javelin throw, keirin, table tennis, trampoline, springboard and weightlifting were all cakewalks. But then again, games like triple jump, high jump, sprints and kayaking were really difficult for me. Especially the latter...never before have the audience had to witness such a laughable effort. But anyway, what's good is that there's not that much button mashing like in many other track and field games - instead, you're mostly required to keep a steady rhythm. The analog stick flicks seem somewhat random though. You can flip it the same way each time and the result can be anything between 20 degrees and 60.

For some reason the games only consisted of 20 total events, randomized from the pool of available games and the player always picks two out of four to six games to compete in each day. Thus I didn't even get to see all the events yet. I wouldn't had minded if the player was forced to compete in every game; now you can just choose to not select the harder ones. Well: I guess I'm gonna go check out the rest now!

Overall, good value for the 5€ I paid for the game.
Finished Splot, the game that was sold during the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle that took ages to be released... and then no one noticed :) It was an ok game but I understand why it was not released on pc: it is more an android/ios game.

Full list here.
Finished Randall's Monday and Supreme League of Patriots.
Supreme League made me laugh quite a bit. Randall's Monday's humor just seemed to be reference based and made me sadder the longer I played though. :l
Jack Lumber (Android)

I can't imagine playing this on a small screen but it worked well on my 10'' tablet.
Nice little game that needs a little more tactics and skill than the somehow similar "Fruit Ninja".
I played through it spread over several vacations.

list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
sebarnolds: Finished Splot, the game that was sold during the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle that took ages to be released... and then no one noticed :) It was an ok game but I understand why it was not released on pc: it is more an android/ios game.
Huh? It was released?

Just checked my humble page and found a Beta download.