It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Okay so a game that I've been playing and completing for going on 15 years maybe shouldn't count but I just spanked Diablo with my Summoning Necromancer. Nine fully loaded skeletons; that red asshole never stood a chance. Guess I'll hit the expansion now. Never actually been this far with a Necro. :D
28.04.2014 - Samaritan Paradox
Boy, that was a hard game... Good for anybody who complains about easy adventure games of today. Good story too.
Heared there are multiple endings, but no matter what I did I could get ony the 'good' one (or what I think is the good one).
Blackwell Epiphany

This is probably one of my favorite adventure games of all time now, a fitting end to a great series. Great story, logical puzzles avoiding the dreaded "adventure game logic" many devs put in their game, what more could one wish for? (I do wish the ending was different though...)
kalirion: Blackwell Epiphany

This is probably one of my favorite adventure games of all time now, a fitting end to a great series. Great story, logical puzzles avoiding the dreaded "adventure game logic" many devs put in their game, what more could one wish for? (I do wish the ending was different though...)
D: this makes me want to play the Blackwell games now. Are they lengthy games?
Austrobogulator: D: this makes me want to play the Blackwell games now. Are they lengthy games?
Not at all :)
But they are great games. Once you play them, you wish them to be a little more lengthy :)
Post edited April 27, 2014 by Novotnus
Austrobogulator: D: this makes me want to play the Blackwell games now. Are they lengthy games?
Novotnus: Not at all :)
But they are great games. Once you play them, you wish them to be a little more lengthy :)
Yup :)

The first three will be beaten by an experienced "adventure gamer" in under 3 hours. The 4th will probably take longer, and the 5th is by far the largest - Steam clocked it as 10 hours for me, though maybe 1-2 was "idling" while eating, or tinkering with config options etc.
Post edited April 27, 2014 by kalirion
Warlords Battlecry 2

A great game overall, but got a bit long and repetitive towards the end in the campaign mode to the point where I was almost wishing they would have used less regions. I finished it with the Knight faction using a bard hero and I had simultaneous campaigns going with pretty much all the other factions. I found the Knights to be the most interesting though, due to the 3 generals. This, together with the bard, provided the great advantage of a very diverse and powerful retinue. I'll probably try to finish the third game now, if I don't get side tracked or bored with the campaign length and using other hero/faction combinations and starting from scratch.
I don't know whether I "finished" it in 2014, I had explored more before, but only now did I get the screen in the attached image in . It didn't run on my previous computer, so I couldn't play it there, unfortunately my old laptop died and I'm back to this relic of a desktop computer, which, despite having a worse GPU than my dead laptop, happens to run Guacamelee! and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/stick_it_to_the_man]Stick It To The Man.

So, instead of exploring and trying to collect everything, I went straight for the ending and finished the game. Now, all there's left to do is get all the orbs, collectibles and the El Inferno unlockable costumes I'm still missing.

Here you go, A WINNER IS YOU!:

[EDIT] I absolutely loved this game. The humor is awesome, if a bit too much on the memes and game references, for some people (personally, I enjoyed it a lot). The platforming parts can be a bit hard, especially if you're going for each and every collectible, and some boss fights can be a pain in the butt if you don't apply everything you learned until then (never forget to roll, the devs said one of the game's flaws is they didn't stress how important it is to roll/dodge, and when I started using it more often, hard fights and some more obnoxious platforming sections became a hell of a lot easier), but I played through it all using just a keyboard and it's perfectly doable. Try it if you like a good mix of 2D metroidvania platformers with a nice touch of fighting/brawler game thrown in.
Attachments:
Post edited April 28, 2014 by groze
Limbo
This game is phenomenal! Not really because of the solid gameplay and the nice puzzles, but because of the whole design which is simply awesome. The black-white graphics and the sparse soundtrack create a perfect morbid atmosphere and at the same time sum up to one of the most beautiful games I've played in years. Loved it and couldn't stop playing before I completed the whole game (which unfortunately isn't very long).

Not completely sure what to think of the cryptic ending yet, but I think it was ok as it was in tune with the rest of the game and leaves a lot of room for interpretations of the player.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Post edited April 29, 2014 by PaterAlf
Costume Quest.
Loot Hero
Ok, this one is not really a game. Instead it is a joke. I have to admit that it's a good one though.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Finished Batman: Arkham City. That is the most overrated game I have ever played. And whoever thought it was a good idea to make sub-weapons quickfire with the numbers AND making it something you need, (during a fucking boss fight), should be fired. I should not have to buy one of those MMO mice to play an action game.

My list
Well, if they are going to release it in episodes, I"m gonna play it in episodes :p

Finished Broken Sword 5 Episode 1.
Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign

Nothing much to report on this one. It's just like Anomaly Korea, except you have one less ability to use, the game is a bit harder and has more challenges. Other than that, more tower offense goodness!

And the full list is here.
Another one? Yay, I'm on a roll!

Inescapable

Meh, a pretty boring game. No music, no variety of enemies, a lot of boring backtracking through very similar rooms (the lack of a map made things even worse) and a crappy ending that beggars the following question: "Did I just spend 2-3 hours for this?" Yes, I apparently did. Oh well, at least the visuals were nice (though lacking in variety).

Let me call the list again.