It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OK I just want to remark I am PRETTY damn sure I made a post like this talking about playing Decay Episode 1 maybe several hours ago. I know at least I brought this "new post" window up and typed something very much along the lines of the following. When I come back, the post isn't there. What the fuck? Did it get deleted? Did it even go through? I don't even remember if it even went through or not. Ugh, shit like this really grates on me. Well I'll try it again I suppose...

cannard: snip
I forgot to mention another game I recently finished, Decay: The Mare Episode 1. All 4 episodes of this game have been available on Xbox Live for some time now, but just very recently it finally got a PC release, but only Episode 1 for now with the other episodes forthcoming (too bad it's only on the Windows app store - this is literally the only time I've used the Metro feature on Windows 8 in any substantial way, but I did find the folder for it on my desktop - the problem is I have no way to back this game or any of its files up on an external hard drive, and as I don't even know how or if I can even access it on another computer - oh well). Another short horror adventure game. This one is the vein of games like Myst. You move around in a first-person view through environments via (mostly) static images and solve puzzles. I have no idea what the story's about, if there is one, but it seems you're trapped in some dilapidated apartment building of some sort and there's a humanoid monster lurking about. There is no actual element of danger though, it's purely exploration and puzzle-solving with some nice creepy moments and a few mild scares. The puzzles are very cleverly designed if not exactly brain-rending (I am the worst when it comes to adventure game puzzles and if I could piece them together without a guide with relative ease everyone else should do fine). One that comes to mind, I don't want to give away too much, involves two identical paintings of a face, each of them blinking. Besides looking creepy it's also a clue for another area. Oh, and there's something about finding 5 coins to unlock the extras on the main menu. I only found 3, so I guess I'll have to go back and try to find where the other two were. Anyway, a really solid game so far with a great atmosphere overall, can't wait to play the other episodes when they get released.

One thing though, around when the game came out for Xbox Live I watched a YouTube playthrough an episode of it, which I assumed was the first part, but now i find it wasn't, not this version at least. It starts with you unsuccessfully trying to hang yourself in the bathroom, getting out of the noose and forgetting why you just tried to kill yourself. Then there's a creepy room with the heavy breathing of a serial killer's ghost or something. Was this from a demo, or when does this part of the game show up?
Post edited February 02, 2014 by cannard
wow it seems like this thread is a big hit :P

Anyway todays the day where game number three is finished and today it is indeed Half Life source. this game was good enough to keep me interested through the game though there were some points where I had to use the noclip command as I would sometimes get randomly stuck on the wall when progressing to the next stage or navigating around some gears. to give myself an extra challenge with this one I played it with a game controller rather than keyboard and mouse.

Click here to see what else I have been getting up to.
Post edited February 02, 2014 by platercake
JustSayin: Finished Dust: An Elysian Tail Early this morning. It...wasn't as good as I was hoping. There were maybe 5 combos in the game. I feel as it's good for one playthrough and that's it.

My list
My thoughts exactly :D It's good to know I'm not alone ;)
Ghorpm: My thoughts exactly :D It's good to know I'm not alone ;)
That's exactly what I did. I couldn't wait to get the inevitable double jump. By time I got it, I just wanted to get the game over with. Also the same about being powerful. I handled the final boss with ease.
Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord

A short game but man, it's just pure fun. The boss battle was exceptionally good, there were a lot of different attacks and counterattacking wasn't all that easy. Sometimes it was wiser to wait a bit for a better moment.

Man, I'm playing a lot of games these days ;) But it will change relatively soon so why not to take a full advantage of the current time? ;)

Full list
Hitman: Contracts

I have played the game many years ago for the first time, but thought I'd refresh my memory now that they finally got the game on Steam. Unfortunately, as I recalled, I only like the even-numbered Hitman games. The first thing I dislike, is how they recycled levels from Hitman: Codename 47. The difficulty of the levels is really uneven, and a lot of the end game levels are really short and simple (plus they're all-around just uninspired). It's as if they were running out of development time before the release. And, the AI is completely boneheaded. It's easy to just make a little dance around them and either lure them to a secluded place or syringe them right then and there. Sometimes they don't care if there's a body almost right under their nose. Although occasionally they have eyes on their backs too. If you want to try a Hitman game, I would suggest either Silent Assassin or Blood Money. The odd-numbered, for some really weird reason, just aren't up to par with the others.
Alan Wake, Adam's Venture Series and The Tiny Bang Story
DProject: (...) Unfortunately, as I recalled, I only like the even-numbered Hitman games. (...) The difficulty of the levels is really uneven, and a lot of the end game levels are really short and simple (...)
Did you make this wordplay deliberately or did it just happen? Either way it is hilarious :D
DProject: (...) Unfortunately, as I recalled, I only like the even-numbered Hitman games. (...) The difficulty of the levels is really uneven, and a lot of the end game levels are really short and simple (...)
Ghorpm: Did you make this wordplay deliberately or did it just happen? Either way it is hilarious :D
It must have been accidental, because I have no idea what you mean (edit: by hilarious) :D
Post edited February 03, 2014 by DProject
Ghorpm: Did you make this wordplay deliberately or did it just happen? Either way it is hilarious :D
DProject: It must have been accidental, because I have no idea what you mean (edit: by hilarious) :D
You said that you like EVEN numbered Hitman games and a bit later you complained about the difficulty and called it UNEVEN. Given your previous statement it meant you automatically disliked the difficulty.

I know it's a bit silly but it got my attention and I thought it's amusing. I can be a bit weird sometimes ;)
DProject: It must have been accidental, because I have no idea what you mean (edit: by hilarious) :D
Ghorpm: You said that you like EVEN numbered Hitman games and a bit later you complained about the difficulty and called it UNEVEN. Given your previous statement it meant you automatically disliked the difficulty.

I know it's a bit silly but it got my attention and I thought it's amusing. I can be a bit weird sometimes ;)
Right, gotcha ;) Well, to clarify just in case, what I meant to say was that I only like Hitman games #2 and #4, and that in Contracts the difficulty curve isn't consistent - a certain level in the early parts of the game can be a lot more difficult than another one near the end (example - The Bjarkhov Bomb - mission 3, was a lot more puzzling and complex than, say, Slaying a Dragon - mission 8, which literally took me only 2 and a half minutes to finish.
Finished blood knights. Ok action rpg but with terrible camera.
Planescape: Torment: Ok let me start with what I didn't like about the game despite many people mentioning it as the best crpg ever. It is not really a game to play, it is a game to read. Really... Many times I have found myself reading for more than 20 mins without even moving any of the characters. Not that I don't enjoy reading but KNOW that :) you will be reading throughout the game. A lot!
And here is what makes the game so amazing: It is simply an unforgettable experience. Every freaking character (including NPCs) are so well detailed and they are there for a reason. The story, if you manage to finish the game, is incredibly deep and gives such messages that will keep you thinking about the game for years to come. It includes at least 3 of the most interesting game characters ever created. Also there is the amazing design which just fits the Planescape setting so perfectly. The world is like nothing you have ever seen before.
After all these praises, I still don't find it to be the best rpg ever. That is only for reasons mentioned in the first paragraph which decrease the fun factor of the gameplay. But if you don't get extremely frustrated until you get out of the Mortuary (if you do, this game is not for you), make sure to play it until the end.

List of all games finished in the last years:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post150
Post edited February 03, 2014 by damien
Finished Cthulhu Saves the World few days ago. Enjoyed it quite much. My playthrough was bit of speed-run kind of thing since I had the difficulty on easy. Just couldn't be bothered with the combat and want to move to a next game. Game had several really funny bits and I am looking forward of playing Zeboyds other games. Well other than the the first game which I finished last year.
Deponia

Passable story, beautiful graphics, weak animations, not difficult but a bit too much abstract puzzles (leg behind head, sigh...). In other words: very "point & clicky". And it was not a compliment.

I think I'll continue my quest to finish all those games that I've started long time ago but haven't finish yet. I must admit that I like games that show you how close you are to complete them (percentage next to save slots). It turned out that I took me only half an hour to finish Deponia today and last time I played it in October. I would have finished it then if I had known I had been so close to the end.

Full list