It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jimnorth: And Sleeping Dogs gets added to my list! Despite the bugs and glitches and other small oddities, a very enjoyable game. It just kept bigger and bigger and it was more and more like I was playing the main role in an enormous action movie and holy moly bang zoom WOW! Quite satisfying indeed.
It's definitely one of the best games I've played in recent years and the story DLCs are pretty decent too, if you have them to play.
Pickers.

Snuck in another hidden object game, but this one was part management sim as well. Although fairly weak in features, you actually have objectives on what to find and how you handle what you find each week.

I've actually enjoyed most of the Mumbo Jumbo bundle. (but I'm not sure I'd recommend to those staunchly against hidden object games... to those on the fence... these are the ones to try).
Finished Terraria.Fun game.Lots of stuff to do and craft and bosses to fight.Got to the last non event boss,beat him
a few times so I consider it finished,played for about 80 hours.Don't think I'll play it again.Some the equipment
can make it a beat to easy.

There are difficulty spikes before and after you get certain equipment as it's hard to beat some bosses without enough
armor or dps.After you pass it becomes easier.
Wizorb
I was surprised by this one. I expected a simple Breakout clone, but it was much better: Breakout with a story and some light RPG elements. The design was great (even if there is nothing that you haven't seen in a game before) and I liked the fact that you could go back to former levels to grind some extra lifes or bonus stuff when the game gets too hard.
Also the length of the game is perfect. Long enough to keep you interested and occupied for a while, but not so long that you get bored before the end.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Thomas was Alone.
A pretty fun puzzle-platformer, I like having a variety of characters with different abilities, and the variety in the characters you play with on each level kept it interesting, although at times I felt manoeuvring some of the characters around was pointlessly repetitive. The developer did a good job of giving the characters distinct personalities, not easy when they are all squares and rectangles.
It's October, and therefore an appropriate time to clear out some of my horror game backlog.

Eversion
Steam
Not a "horror" game, per se, but certainly atmospheric. As an actual platformer, stiff and unremarkable, but that's not really the point. Modestly priced. Recommended.

The Last Door
GOG
When this game was released, I made a two-sentence comment. One and a half, really, since the first is a fragment. "Oh hey, an "old school" game that tries to use crap graphics as a selling point. That's new." It's kind of embarrassing, in that context, how much I love this game. I do stand by that comment to a degree; graphics absolutely matter*, and The Last Door would be a better game if it had better graphics--but it's still a damn fine game, and I'm sorry that I ignored it so long. It's a game in four episodes; I gave my opinion of the episodes as I played, so I'll mostly just copy and paste.

First Episode: Gripping and effective, with a great opening. Excellent music, which will go on to be a selling point for all the episodes.

Second Episode: A good episode, with a hell of an ending. I did feel like they lost track of a plot thread. Where's the nun whose possessions are sitting by the ocean? Well ... kneeling in prayer in her bedroom, apparently. Unless that was supposed to be a different nun? How could you tell? Much a I'm loving this game, the graphics are not growing on me.

Third Episode: Three out of four episodes finished. The third episode had atmosphere and certainly wasn't bad, but I'd call it weaker than the other two. Its narrative focus--walking around looking for a mysterious man for no very clear reason--is too weak compared to the clearly motivated investigation of the first two chapters.

Fourth Episode: The climax suffers from not being really climactic, but effective enough.

* Yes, they do. I understand that people are reacting to an over-emphasis on graphics in game development, but pretending that the visuals of a visual medium don't matter, as some people on these forums try to do, is inane. On the other hand, this game never really claims to be "old school," so I'm not sure where that came from.

Next up ... gosh, I don't know. Maybe I'll try to finally beat Alone In the Dark. Or ... I keep hearing good things about The Walking Dead. Maybe time to finally jump into that, since I own the first season.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by BadDecissions
Just finished Pid a few seconds ago, thought I post my completed games for 2014

Tales of Monkey Island (PC) (GOG)
Stacking + The Lost Hobo King (PC) (GOG)
The Shivah Kosher Edition (PC) (GOG)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PC) (Battle.net)
Costume Quest + Grubbins on Ice (PC) (GOG)
The Blackwell Epiphany (PC) (GOG)
Giana Sisters - Rise of the Owlverlord (PC) (GOG)
Gomo (PC) (GOG)
Overlord + Raising Hell (PC) (GOG)
Batman Arkham Asylum (PC) (Steam)
Lego Marvel Superheroes (PC) (Steam)
Machinarium Collectors Edition (PC) (GOG)
Botanicula (PC) (GOG)
Resonance (PC) (GOG)
Shelter (PC) (GOG)
Total Overdose - A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico (PC) (GOG)
Trine Enchanted Edition (PC) (GOG)
Pid (PC) (GOG)

Onto The Cat Lady!
Post edited October 19, 2014 by opticq
The Moon Sliver. I quite enjoyed this game, it's rather short but it's full of positives and almost zero negatives. It's a bit of a walking simulator such as Dear Esther but with shades of atmospheric horror games like Penumbra. Great atmosphere, great writing, good graphics and good music as well. The only real negative is its length, it's around an hour long. Oh and it was made by a GOGer.
Just finished Shank 2. Pretty okay game. Probably won't play it ever again.

I haven't finished a game in a long time...Damn May 30th......
My list
Post edited October 19, 2014 by JustSayin
opticq: Onto The Cat Lady!
:O
Dust: An Elysian Tail

I liked the art style, the music, the characters and the voice acting. Combined, I thought they gave the game a nice Saturday morning cartoon vibe. I disliked (or rather, had mixed feelings about) the combat because it was pretty much just simple button mashing and lacked any real challenge; and the clichéd, predictable story, although it did pull a nice little emotional hook at the end. I also would've liked if the crafting had been a little different: by collecting materials you can create new equipment, but they only serve to raise different values: the number of damage, the number of defense, etc. For example, you can't make the sword have special abilities like a poison effect, or have an armor that grants immunity to fire or whatever. That is something I would've liked to see. In either case, I thought the game was pretty good despite the little things. I imagine a young audience could especially like this.
PaterAlf: Wizorb
I was surprised by this one. I expected a simple Breakout clone, but it was much better: Breakout with a story and some light RPG elements. The design was great (even if there is nothing that you haven't seen in a game before) and I liked the fact that you could go back to former levels to grind some extra lifes or bonus stuff when the game gets too hard.
Also the length of the game is perfect. Long enough to keep you interested and occupied for a while, but not so long that you get bored before the end.
Yeah, story and some RPG elements were certainly nice but I was a bit disappointed with very basic power-ups system during arkanoid stages. I remember C64 games (30 years old!) that were more varied in that aspect.
opticq: Onto The Cat Lady!
realkman666: :O
Huh? Why the emoticon?
realkman666: :O
opticq: Huh? Why the emoticon?
Because it's sick and fantastic.
opticq: Huh? Why the emoticon?
realkman666: Because it's sick and fantastic.
Yep. Perhaps my all time favorite game that I've purchased here at GOG. If you (opticq or realkman666 or anybody haha) don't have Downfall, consider getting it. It's the first game set in the universe that it and The Cat Lady takes place in and some things carry over from Downfall to The Cat Lady. You can definitely play The Cat Lady as a standalone (I played The Cat Lady first), but after playing Downfall certain things and characters will make a LOT more sense haha.