It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

realkman666: That's what I did too. Worked for me. :/
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/meridian_new_world

Are you on Intel integrated?
Nobake: Intel i5 3570K with an AMD Radeon HD 6870.
:/
Finished Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead, a spin-off of the Grotesque Tactics series.

While not unpleasant, this game is nothing to write home about. Although there were some funny lines, the dialogues fell flat most of the time. The combat is not bad, but incredibly slow-paced and doesn't give much room to mistakes. The camera is a little annoying recentring each time on the acting characters.

All in all, not a bad game, but certainly not a game you HAVE to play. Happily, it lasted only 5 hours, longer it would have overstayed its welcome.
Finished Contra 3 for the SNES. Yey!
Fallout: Tactics. Believe it or not, but that's the first time when I played it to the end. Now I have very mixed feelings about it. It's certainly a competent and well made turn based stategy game, but on the other hand... if they added some more non-combat interactions, more variabes for the endings (I love how my actions change the outcome in Fallout games; F3 failed to deliver this too) and more RPG elements the game would be so much better...

LITTLE SPOILERS BELOW:
- I liked how they presented Brotherhood as (mostly) fascist assholes :)
- Forcing me to lose a lot of ending-affecting Karma in the last mission was a dirty trick :)

I still don't have enough of Fallout... so it's either time for Fallout 1 (which I played million times already) or recently bought Skyrim...
Post edited September 14, 2014 by Novotnus
Recettear--An Item Shop's Tale

A cute RPG store/management hybrid. Go into dungeons to acquire items or buy them at a low price, and sell high. Clean anime art style and a cute cast of characters. Much harder then the cute style might lead you to think; you have a moving goal of money you need to repay a loan payment, and the first time I played I failed to meet one of them. That gives you a cut scene of your character living in a cardboard box and restarts the game with a bunch of stuff carried over; with that advantage, I won the second time, but the last payment still was down to the wire.

This game has a lot of post-game content and I intend to keep playing it, but I saw the credit sequence, which is my usual standard for marking a game "beaten."
Retention
A short game about a man whose life is in danger after a bike accident and who has to restore his memory in order to survive. To do so you have to choose one out of three different photos over and over again. After 10 minutes and 30 seconds the game will end and you will get one out of four endings as a result.

I liked the concept and I think it's really interesting. It's not exactly a game, but more an experiment, dealing with philosophy, art and the meaning of life. In my two playthroughs so far, I've gotten the same ending. Will play again to see what I have to do to get one of the others.

Thank you again to blarth who gifted me the game!
Include Me

Gone Home Steam, 1/13
Persona P3P, PSP, 1/13
Amnesia: a Machine for Pigs, GOG, 1/17
Brother: A Tale of Two Sons, Steam, 1/23
Long Live the Queen, GOG, 1/26
Detective Grimoire, developer (Kickstarter reward), 1/30
Icewind Dale, GOG, 2/03
Downfall, GOG, 2/16
Icewind Dale II, GOG, 2/23
Shank, Steam, 2/26
Broken Age Act 1, Steam, 2/27
Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, PSP, 2/28
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, GBA, 3/11
Dust: An Elysian Tail , GOG, 3/18
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, GBA, 3/21
Kaptain Brawe, Steam, 3/27
Batman: Arkham Asylum , Xbox 360, 3/28
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, GBA, 4/04
Faerie Solitaire, Steam, 4/12
Dragon Quest IV, DS, 4/19
Wild Arms, PSN (PS originally), 5/14
Dragon Quest V, DS, 5/26
Among the Sleep, Steam (Kickstarter reward), 5/31
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, PSN (PSP originally), 6/21
Quest for Glory, GOG, 6/24
Thomas Was Alone, PSN, 7/22
Dragon Quest 1, Gameboy (remake), 7/22
Bird Assassin, Desura, 7/26
Final Fantasy VI, SNES (emulator), 7/28
Jisei, Desura, 7/28
Rijn the Specpyre in ... Manor of the Damned!, Desura, 7/29
LaserCat, Desura, 7/29
Lylian: Paranoid Friendship, Episode 1, Desura, 7/30
EvilQuest, Desura, 8/1
Mother 1, GBA, 8/06
Great Greed, Gameboy, 8/08
Dragon Warrior II, 8/10
Soul Blazer, SNES, 8/11
Dragon Quest III (SNES remake) 8/15
Gargoyle's Quest, Gameboy, 8/17
Eye of the Beholder, PC/DOS, 8/22
Sword of Hope, Gameboy, 8/23
Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed, Vita, 8/26
Sword of Hope II, Gameboy, 8/28
The 39 Steps, Steam, 8/29
Dinner Date, Steam, 8/30
9.03m, Steam, 8/30
The Plan, Steam, 9/03--really cutting a trail through the "brief interactive experience on Steam" backlog
Secret Agent, GOG, 9/4
Mr. Bree+, Steam/GOG, 9/7
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Steam, 9/14 (payed off debt)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Steam, 9/20 (finished all narrative parts of the game)
Hatoful Boyfriend, GOG, 9/22 (got all endings and finished ending scenario)
Loren - The Amazon Princess, Steam, 9/25 (male protagonist, Draco romance)
Victim of Xen, Steam, 9/27
Neverending Nightmare, Steam, 9/28
Anodyne, GOG, 10/8
Skyborn, Steam, 10/9
Eversion, Steam, 10/16
The Last Door, GOG, 10/17
Super Panda Adventures, Steam, 10/25
The Shivah, GOG, 10/25
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride, Steam, 11/10
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, PSN, 11/13 (I've beaten this game multiple times already, however)
Wild Arms 2, PSN, 11/21 (I hated this stupid game.)
Jumping Flash (PSN, originally on the Playstation)
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSN, originally on the PSP)
Hotline Miami, PSN, 12/27
Dragon Fantasy, PSN, 12/31
Post edited January 01, 2015 by BadDecissions
Finished playing through Chaser last night. It's a lengthy game, much longer than I would have expected, so there's a lot of action throughout. However, despite being a straightforward linear shooter, there is very little indication of what you need to do to progress (outside of shooting), so it can be frustrating when the levels start to look the same after wandering around in them for sometime. Additionally, the enemies are quite accurate and even a handgun can kill in just few shots, so the best way to play the game is to advance slowly. Running and gunning won't work well in this game. Another frustrating point of the game is that enemies frequently spawn behind you: so you clear a room and exit it, only to be shot at from the room you just left. Quicksaving is essential to play this game with minimal frustration.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, it wasn't a shining example of the genre, but it had enough action to keep me interested. It had varied environments, and some cool levels (the lighthouse sniper mission), but also some downright awful ones (the underwater ship missions).

So far:
Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Alien Shooter + Expansions
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
Waking Mars
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Splinter Cell
Mirror's Edge
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
Metro: Last Light
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Sniper Elite V2
Sleeping Dogs
Another World
Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Shelter
Limbo
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
MANOS: The Hands of Fate
TRAUMA
Red Faction
Chaser
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (6:57pm 14th September)

This is a hard platformer. Episode 2 level 5 onwards you will die a lot. Good sound design, good graphics good game overall
Dark Souls PTD Edition on PS3.

We all know this game by now and its difficulty and blablabla. But it feels good to have finished it and earlier this year I also finished Demon's Souls which I found to be better but both are very good games and it makes me sad that so many people focus so much on the difficulty because the games are so much more than that.
Megarace 2 (15th September 7:35pm)

this is still not a racing game. If you are in first place you are the slowest car on the track but if your in last place your the fastest. Boyle and his assistant are good but everything else about this game is worthless
Post edited September 15, 2014 by mrking58
Klumpen0815: So far finished in 2014:

Sword of Mana (OpenPandora - GBA)
Aether (Linux)
Coil (Linux)
Spewer (Linux)
Halo (WinXP)
Hammerwatch (WinXP)
The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages (OpenPandora - GBC)
The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons (OpenPandora - GBC)
Splice (Linux)
MegaManX 5 (OpenPandora - PSX)
The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay (WinXP)
The Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena (WinXP)
Don't Look Back (Linux - Flash)
Shadowgrounds (WinXP)
Steel Storm (Linux)
Thomas Was Alone (Linux)
Bomberman World (OpenPandora - PSX)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Shanoa & Albus modes (3DS-XL)
Bioshock (WinXP)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post695

+ Crimsonland (WINE-Linux)
+ Unepic (WINE-Linux)
+ Escape Goat (Linux)
+ Gemini Rue (Linux)
Post edited September 16, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: Great AAA title with breathtaking graphics. It is one of the early PS3 games, yet I found the visuals on par with today's standards. Sound effects are also beautiful. The character and story is very much like Indiana Jones and it gave me the feeling that they wanted to do an Indiana Jones action game without the licenses. The only bad thing about the game is the fact that the game is a Child's Play. Added to that the frequent checkpoints and you will never be stuck. Still, a good game. 8.5/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year

Leroux: The Darkness II
Mr.Caine: massively underrated game.The first part sadly never came to PC but it's just as good only in a different way I'd say.
totally agree
Post edited September 17, 2014 by damien
I would have missed Dreamscapes: The Sandman if genkicolleen hadn't posted the other day that it was a one-day free download, but she did, and I grabbed it. And since I had bookkeeping chores that afternoon, I spent the rest of the day and an extra hour or two the next night beating it, because Mr. Procrastinator.

Dreamscapes answers the pressing question: what happens if you take a hidden-object game and take out all the hidden-object stuff? What's left is a fast-paced light-hearted adventure game with nutty situations, a weirdly-grave plot, good production values, and enough thin-ice story to push the player along through hours of clicking, prodding, and solving unlikely puzzles.

Basically, you join young Laura in her nightmares to save the world and defeat The Sandman, which you manage by combining and exploring the odd detritus scattered around her dream worlds to rescue her from the various perils that have her trapped from scene to scene. Laura is in a coma in real life, and you'll penetrate her dreams pretty much the way Jennifer Lopez did in The Cell, except with less Jennifer Lopez.

Working in dreams lets the game get away with a high level of silliness, on the ground that there's no particular reason this random weird object wouldn't be hiding behind that random weird object in a dream; the tone is light overall, though, so it doesn't matter much, or at least it did not disturb me. A party-pooper might wonder, for example, just how the blue fuse got hidden inside the [spoiler] in the first chapter, before we ease into dreams. But where's the fun in that?

The art is atmospheric and menacing, and each major tableau is haunted by one or more Beholders, mute little spider-eye monsters hidden in the background. Rooting out all of them gets you an achievement, and some are tricky to find (I missed one each in the main game and the bonus chapter). In addition to whacking Beholders, you're collecting pages from Laura's diary, which is fun to read but mostly irrelevant to the gameplay, and assembling pieces of her magic Dreamcatcher talisman. The action is fluid, and the game does an excellent job of efficiently moving the player from place to place.

It's slightly long, at about seven hours I guess (I wasn't timing carefully), which makes it an hour or two longer than many other games for a similar audience. Good fun.

My list
Post edited September 17, 2014 by LinustheBold
Finished steamworld dig.It's a little fun platformer,I enjoyed it.Takes about 4-5 hours,bit on the easy side.Very cute graphics and gameplay and simple puzzles.It's on the Humble Bundle now so get it.

Also got the speed run achievment for Spelunkey.That was tough.