It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies. I did not enjoy this one as much as the first, missions got repetitive quickly, you were unable to pick the missions you wanted to do. I can understand this though, because the structure of the game followed the battles fought in the Pacific; however, that's still no reason to play the same set of missions multiple times over.

I ran through Sniper Elite V2 today, and I do mean run. Got this for free awhile back, and wanted to see what it was like, I started on medium difficulty but quickly dropped it down to easy and started running and gunning through. Despite appearing to be a game about sniping, far too many times does the game drop you into a corridor with enemies rushing towards you. The nice thing was that I finished the game in less than 3 hours. Playing it this makes, the levels feel rather small.

So far:
Carmegeddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Alien Shooter + Expansions
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
Waking Mars
Far Cry 2
Splinter Cell
Mirror's Edge
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol
Deadly Premonition
Metro: Last Light
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Sniper Elite V2
dutchexcalibur: I ran through Sniper Elite V2 today, and I do mean run. Got this for free awhile back, and wanted to see what it was like, I started on medium difficulty but quickly dropped it down to easy and started running and gunning through. Despite appearing to be a game about sniping, far too many times does the game drop you into a corridor with enemies rushing towards you. The nice thing was that I finished the game in less than 3 hours. Playing it this makes, the levels feel rather small.
You can make any game look crap by lowering the difficulty. It has some great moments if you want that.
Just finished Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. I kept reading reviews saying that it was better than the original campaing (Dead Man's Switch)... and they were right! I mean, it was the same game, but more polished, with a better and longer story (although predictable). So, of course, I have had a blast with it! And knowing that Harebrained Schemes will give the Director's cut version for free in September to people who already own the game, I might dive in right again at that time!

I'm so glad somebody finally succeeded in making a good game with this great universe that is Shadowrun!

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Chaos on Deponia

I really liked it, aside from one puzzle with a 4th wall breaking solution which I had to use a walkthrough on (only once for this game, much unlike the first Deponia) and a few minor plot holes.
HeDanny: Remember Me
realkman666: Shit, I have to restart that. The first 90 minutes were so painful. The enemies just never die. Terrible.
Don't bother mate. It doesn't get any better. Your time in this case if much better spent elsewhere.

I am really hoping the batman games are better than this once I get to them. Currently playing "Mars: War Logs" with is making the same fundamental mistakes as Remember Me only in its own way. I'll probably end up posting a "Don't play this" mini review of that one if I finish it. If not, well then the Games quit thread will probably get an entry. heh.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post907

+ Deponia (Linux-Wine)
+ VVVVVV (Linux)
xa_chan: Just finished Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. I kept reading reviews saying that it was better than the original campaing (Dead Man's Switch)... and they were right! I mean, it was the same game, but more polished, with a better and longer story (although predictable). So, of course, I have had a blast with it! And knowing that Harebrained Schemes will give the Director's cut version for free in September to people who already own the game, I might dive in right again at that time!

I'm so glad somebody finally succeeded in making a good game with this great universe that is Shadowrun!

I just finished it too and agree completely with what you say.

I hope they release more expansions as time goes on. I really like the universe.
xa_chan: Just finished Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. I kept reading reviews saying that it was better than the original campaing (Dead Man's Switch)... and they were right! I mean, it was the same game, but more polished, with a better and longer story (although predictable). So, of course, I have had a blast with it! And knowing that Harebrained Schemes will give the Director's cut version for free in September to people who already own the game, I might dive in right again at that time!

htown1980: I just finished it too and agree completely with what you say.

I hope they release more expansions as time goes on. I really like the universe.
I hope too!! I have so many great memories of the pen&paper game of Shadowrun that I was extatic when I first heard about Shadowrun Returns, and even more when it lived up to my expectations !
Sniper Elite 3

Meh. I think I preferred Sniper Elite V2. The levels are much more open this time, which theoretically could be considered a plus, but as a result almost all of the levels now required stealth, and as a stealth game, it's not very good at all, especially after Hitman: Absolution - and I can't help comparing the two. The game's also quite buggy and glitchy. Texture popups and ragdoll spasms were a constant issue, and the game doesn't even look that good - it's obviously quite poorly optimized. It's also a pretty short game. The game's biggest gimmick and selling point are again the X-Ray shots, but I think that after four games, they definitely feel really old and stale by now. If there's ever a Sniper Elite 4, I think it needs to really reinvent the format and fix all the issues, instead of just continuing to ride on the one-trick-pony. Otherwise, I don't think I'm bothering with the franchise any longer.
DProject: Sniper Elite 3

Meh. I think I preferred Sniper Elite V2. The levels are much more open this time, which theoretically could be considered a plus, but as a result almost all of the levels now required stealth, and as a stealth game, it's not very good at all, especially after Hitman: Absolution - and I can't help comparing the two. The game's also quite buggy and glitchy. Texture popups and ragdoll spasms were a constant issue, and the game doesn't even look that good - it's obviously quite poorly optimized. It's also a pretty short game. The game's biggest gimmick and selling point are again the X-Ray shots, but I think that after four games, they definitely feel really old and stale by now. If there's ever a Sniper Elite 4, I think it needs to really reinvent the format and fix all the issues, instead of just continuing to ride on the one-trick-pony. Otherwise, I don't think I'm bothering with the franchise any longer.
Was waiting for a good sale on this game, will still go ahead and get it as I really enjoyed Sniper elite V2. I also heard they came out with DLC the same day as release of the game? That should have been part of the game not a DLC :/
Ittle Dew

Cute. Kinda like a mini-Zelda. The puzzles were well designed - some of them were really difficult too. I really liked Card City Nights, so it was interesting to see the characters of that game in their original habitat. That said, I liked Card City Nights better, but that's just personal preference. This one wasn't bad either! I guess the only negative is the short length, but then again, I didn't do all the optional dungeons. A nice snack between bigger, more complex games.
I've recently completed Asura's Wrath (PS3) and liked it a lot. Even though it can be pretty safely considered as an interactive movie (anime to be more specific) I liked the characters, the way the story progressed and the almost non-stop action (there is a lovely break from it where you share relax with the enemy at a hot spring).
Now I'm going for the platinum, so it's another 2 replays for me :)

In addition I can't hype Brothers: A tale of two sons enough! A short (around 3-4 hours) adventure... nay... experience featuring two siblings on an emotional quest to save their sick father. The way the plot is presented, how the two brothers interact with each other and their surroundings are extremely well crafted. The entire journey is something I'll not forget soon. Starting small and reaching epic proportions, filled with all kinds of emotions.

Easily one of the greatest games I have played in recent years!
Gray Matter

Enjoyed the game, but damn, it's short. Even counting the time lost trying to understand the logic trap/bug that stiopped me from completing chapter 4, the whole game is less than 8 hours of gameplay.
Post edited July 28, 2014 by Phc7006
And finished episode 3 of Wolfenstein 3D. It was the weakest of the first "trilogy" of episodes: worst level design and some annoying music.

Full list here.

Very very buggy, including the sound, which is fundamental in a game like this.
Phc7006: Gray Matter

Enjoyed the game, but damn, it's short. Even counting the time lost trying to understand the logic trap/bug that stiopped me from completing chapter 4, the whole game is less than 8 hours of gameplay.
That's a selling point for me.

trentonlf: Was waiting for a good sale on this game, will still go ahead and get it as I really enjoyed Sniper elite V2. I also heard they came out with DLC the same day as release of the game? That should have been part of the game not a DLC :/
Rebellion sucks. Stupid lawsuits, banning people who complain about them, day-one DLC, DLC guns that were in V2, more bugs than before.

V2 was much better.
Post edited July 28, 2014 by realkman666