It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

include me (sure, why not?)

Bloodrayne
Faster Than Light
Back to the future (the game)
Blackwell Bundle
Fez
Guacamelee
Mark of the Ninja
Papers Please
Pixeljunk Shooters
Ring Runner
Zombie Shooter 2
Dust - An Elysian Tale
Retro Grade
Space Pirates and Zombies
Windforge
Geneforge 1
gunpoint
Journey to the center of the earth
Tomb Raider (2013)
Magic Maker
Ar tonelico
Transistor

i think i finished in 2013 but can't recall....
Torchlight
Torchlight 2
Unepic
Unmechanical
Sacred 2
Post edited January 01, 2015 by rtcvb32
Just finished Driftmoon. a very pleasant casual RPG. Not too long - I completed it in 10 hours - which works well considering some RPGs drone on for too long and lose their appeal. Though I can't help but feel there was a slight Christian undertone to this one, which I must admit was at times annoying. Also I really hated the Fizz character.

8/10

Complete list Here
Post edited July 04, 2014 by IShoot4lolz
I recently completed Downfall, and I can say this: it was one of the most disturbing games I ever played. Downright psychotic! This words, coming from a not-easily-impressionable person like me, are to be taken as a true compliment.
I will not enter in details, as even a minor example can be a HUGE spoiler, but if you want to have a nice trip into total madness, this is definitely the game for you!
It is a really well executed point and click adventure with an intriguing story; most puzzles are not complex, but their relative simplicity woks wonderfully with the flow of the story, allowing the player to immerse him/herself in one of the darkest setting you can find in a videogame.
My only complaint stays on the bug side: during the entire playtrough I noticed a few of them, especially a particularly annoying one that prevented me to use inventory objects until I pressed the "scroll" arrows on either side of the bar. Nothing game-breaking, though. I warmly recommend it to a mature audience!
Finished Thief 2014 (PC) today, a little bit ago.

Added it to My Finished 2014 list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post79
Dark Souls II
This game has not so much a difficulty curve as a difficulty wall.However once you get past it it can become a straight up addicting experience.So far my GOTY 2014 by a long shot.

Sniper Elite V2
An average third person shooter who's selling point gimmick is x-ray kill cams that are partly gruesome partly over the top comical.Considering steam was giving it away for free I can't complain too much.It has a B-movie vibe but in a good way.
Post edited July 06, 2014 by Mr.Caine
System Shock 2

Vanilla GOG version, "Impossible" difficulty with Navy. Used points on normal, energy and heavy weapons, and hacking and keeping weapons functional. A bit also on PSI, mainly so that I could recharge without a recharge station (I also got that item duplication skill, but in the end never used it).

It was damn frustrating at first, carefully playing as if treading on empty egg shells. It got easier towards the end when I got more skills and weapons which didn't break all the time, but I still felt quite fragile even near the end, e.g. a cyberwife could still kill me from full health and power armor with mere few shots. I think I reloaded a save game a few thousand times.

My main complaint about the game is that certain skills and stuff are much more useful than others, even so much that some parts of the game towards the end may be near impossible if you haven't developed the right skills. Same goes to certain items, e.g. I had to backtrack to an earlier savegame so that I could bring the envirosuit (against radiation) to the Body of the Many level, and I have no idea if I could have managed the end battle at all if I hadn't had three ICE picks with me. On the other hand, repair skill seemed pretty much useless, thanks to those repair devices and that it is pretty easy to avoid your weapons breaking (just maintain them before they break up), and research above 1 seems to matter only if you want to try some exotic weapons.

The respawning monsters and deteriorating weapons weren't that bad anymore when you got further with the game, at least if you have laser rapier (which never breaks down) and skill to maintain your weapons. They were a bit of nuisance later on, that's all.

The atmosphere was pretty good. Overall though, I still consider the first System Shock as a better game, mainly because I don't recall it having similar pitfalls of making wrong choices earlier in the game that can make rest of the game unbearable. I liked the story and atmosphere a bit better in the first SS as well.

Maybe I'll play SS2 again later with some user mods (a bit better graphics etc.) and trying to concentrate on e.g. PSI powers and exotic weapons instead, but not in a hurry to do so. Maybe I'll try Deus Ex next.
Post edited July 05, 2014 by timppu
Enebias: I recently completed Downfall, and I can say this: it was one of the most disturbing games I ever played. Downright psychotic! This words, coming from a not-easily-impressionable person like me, are to be taken as a true compliment.
I will not enter in details, as even a minor example can be a HUGE spoiler, but if you want to have a nice trip into total madness, this is definitely the game for you!
It is a really well executed point and click adventure with an intriguing story; most puzzles are not complex, but their relative simplicity woks wonderfully with the flow of the story, allowing the player to immerse him/herself in one of the darkest setting you can find in a videogame.
My only complaint stays on the bug side: during the entire playtrough I noticed a few of them, especially a particularly annoying one that prevented me to use inventory objects until I pressed the "scroll" arrows on either side of the bar. Nothing game-breaking, though. I warmly recommend it to a mature audience!
Thanks for not spoiling anything. I don't know why but your post made me buy the game and I finished Downfall around two hours ago.

A couple tries to save their marriage by taking a vacation in a small town. They arrive at night during a storm and the woman seems to have a nervous breakdown and hallucinations. They enter the hotel, book a room, lie down and everything else would be a spoiler.
The artwork was interesting and I liked it most of the time. The sound was a mixed bag. Usually it worked but some things, like footsteps, felt out of place. My big complaint are the animations, they are very stiff and choppy. They look a bit like if you move in a room where light and dark alternates in quit succession.
Overall I enjoyed this 4,5 hour game and I will check out The Cat Lady at some point in the future.

Here's my list.
Just finished Lego: The Hobbit

...well, partially finished because I guess a new episode will be released when the last movie will have been aired.

Overall a very nice game, faithfull to the Hobbit movies, faithfull to the Lego Lord of the Rings game too: very nice to play, lots and lots of things to unlock, clever gameplay mechanisms... and lag-ridden!! Seriously, I know it's not my computer at fault, but sometimes it was downright annoying... Still enjoyed a lot the 8 hours or so I spent in that game, doing the main story only (I'll get back to the Lego games for the unlockables when my backlog will have been reduced a little).

So far in 2014:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
HOMM V Hammers of Fate

What can I say? I played the base campaign first, Tribes of the East second, and finally purchased and played Hammers of Fate third. Between playing them in the wrong order, and cut scenes that were so bad I couldn't make myself watch them, I have no idea what was going on story wise in the campaign.

My 2014 List
Post edited July 05, 2014 by WeR138
Dotur: Overall I enjoyed this 4,5 hour game and I will check out The Cat Lady at some point in the future.
I'm glad you liked it! :)
I think I'll install The Cat Lady in the near future, too!
Don't Starve

mrking58: Duke Nukem - Manhattan Project (1st july 5:45pm)

A nice little Duke game. Not the best Duke Game ever but it is great to see Duke Nukem in the platformer again. I must say I gave up this game early last year since I couldn't beat the first boss. The shame
Yes, that was poor balancing on the developer's part. The first boss was the hardest in the entire game!
johnki: Dominique Pamplemousse - May 19th
Leroux: How did you like that? Was it worth playing?
It's pretty hilarious and not too long. Original enough, but you need to like these games.
I've had no time for playing, which chafes, but now that I've closed one of the shows I'm doing this summer and we've successfully opened the other, the days lighten up a bit.

So today I finished Beneath a Steel Sky - I know, all the games I buy here on GOG, and when I play I play a free one. Well, so it goes. It's a great game, though most of you probably know that already. A bit old and showing its age, sure, but well put together in a way often missing from newer games. Given the tougher technology of the time, the team that put a game together had to write it to fit the limits of the medium, and so there's a self-awareness in the adventure that I really enjoy.

I confess I walkthroughed a bit, not because the game was unreasonable - it totally is not - but because with older games I don't always feel the need to discover every trick. BaSS is 20 years old at this point, and after I've run through the obvious calls and the first round of guesswork, well, why not just move ahead? This is well-mapped territory. When something is current I'm content to puzzle through it, but it feels like needless effort with older games. To me, anyway, your mileage may of course vary.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience, fun and full of canny winks. We've all got it, so it's an easy call to play it.

My small list so far.
Post edited July 06, 2014 by LinustheBold
Enebias: I recently completed Downfall, and I can say this: it was one of the most disturbing games I ever played. Downright psychotic! This words, coming from a not-easily-impressionable person like me, are to be taken as a true compliment.
Downfall is getting a remake, IIRC. I think it's going to be done in the style of The Cat Lady :)