It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SteamWorld Dig
I liked the Western/Steampunk setting, the design and the game's core mechanics. But while digging your own level should theoretically give you some freedom, in truth the game is quite linear and after a while there's not much variety and the game gets a little repetitive (even the upgrades are more or less the same al the time). But overall it was allright for the ten hours it took me to complete the game (wasn't bored, but also wasn't sad when it was over).

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Post edited June 26, 2014 by PaterAlf
Lylian Episode One. It's an easy game with a nice art style, cool music and a general sense of quirkiness. It does have a few really annoying "features" like constantly respawning waves of enemies in a few areas and one really awkward (due to the controls) platforming section but again, it's not really a hard game. It's also really short, I think I spent at most an hour and a half playing it, with at least fifteen minutes of that being stuck on the final boss. Overall the only memorable thing about the game is the quirky characters and setting, otherwise it's completely mediocre.
Loren the Amazon Princess I have some mixed feelings avout that game. While it was quite nice and impressive for such a small team to achieve such a game, it was quite unpolished: I had to switch to easy mode on some of the last battles, partly because they were ingredibly unbalanced (the dragon at the citadel!! "Oh, you're bringing me near to death? Here, let me kill 3 of your characters at once!") and partly because they tended to be a little boring, to be honest. The story was interesting but not revolutionary and I think that my main gripe with that game would be that maybe it tries too hard to be a japanese-like VN. This was the occasion to make some western-style VN, it was only partly accomplished. Still a good game if you can grab it at a discount price, not sure i would pay again the full price knowing what's inside now...

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
StarCraft: Brood War: Probably the best RTS game I have ever played and this comes from a long time C&C fan. The game did not lose a tiny bit of its charm after all these years. The music and sound are just perfect and the graphics still look good. Seeing masterpieces such as this makes me sad about what Blizzard has become now. The only criticism I can make is that there is still a lot of "speed" factor in multiplayer which makes it nearly impossible to have any success against experienced gamers. But with a friend, the multiplayer would be great fun! 10/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year
Kill The Bad Guy

A pretty good puzzle game. Definitely something I hadn't seen before in this genre. The main objective in each level is simple: Kill The Bad Guy, but you're going to have to use the environment to accomplish this. Of course, you cannot harm any civilians or cops and no-one can witness the murder. I had mostly a good time, although some of the levels were really infuriating and one bonus level is actually completely broken so I couldn't finish it. I did all the regular levels though (although, not necessarily all secondary objectives). Since the game (theoretically) takes place in several countries, I would've liked if this was visible in the levels themselves, although I understand it would have been tremendous extra work. As it is, the levels look completely identical, especially since everything is in white color (well, except for the Bad Guy, the gallons of blood within him, and the gray civilians). Another thing I personally would've done differently: the rap music, or whatever it is, that's playing in the menu and when they explain the objectives, was really disorienting to me. I'm trying to read the objectives here, don't have a song playing that has lyrics, please - especially rap. I had to mute the game each time before actually starting the mission. I also wasn't a fan of the small extra objectives of finding a passport and the Bad Guy's tooth in each level. I want to focus on the killings, not finding some small meaningless objects.

Overall, a good game but the current asking price (15€) felt a little bit too much. Once it's 5€ or less, I don't see why any puzzle (and gore!) fans shouldn't pick this one up.

Update: The developers fixed the broken bonus level I mentioned during the same day after I bitched about the issue on the Steam forum. That is really amazing of them: it's rare to see developers listen to feedback and fix issues this fast. Really shows some heart. I finished the level a moment ago: now I'm finished with the game for good.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by DProject
Include me

- Skyrim + AddOns
- Paper Sorcerer
- Reus
- Super Puzzle Platformer
- Don't starve
- Super Mario 3D World
- Rayman Legends
- Journey of a Roach
- Edna & Harvey: The Breakeout
- Gomo
- Lego Lord of the Rings
- Long live the Queen
- Evoland
- Legend of Kyrandia 1
- Kingdom Rush
- Unrest
- Risen 3
- Enclave
- Legend of Grimrock 2
- Legend of Kyrandia 2
- Banished
- Broken Sword 1
- Vertical Drop Heroes
- Lego The Hobbit
Post edited December 30, 2014 by moonshineshadow
VR Soccer (27th June 4:30pm)

Best game ever.
The camera is godful it just jumps around like a mad man, controls don't really work, penalties are just broken, players just fall over, aiming is useless, passing is ok.

Overall best game ever
Kilgazar

Kilgazar is a short and simple roguelike, complete with permadeath. You select one of the three available characters (fighter, mage, rogue) with your choice of gender and are immediately thrust into the dangerous game world with only some text that your village was destroyed. Each of the three characters play differently enough that your experience with the game will also be significantly different. The warrior has more hp, but can only attack in close range and has short movement, the rogue is fast and can attack from range, but his ammunition is limited and his damage a bit low, while the mage can attack from afar and deal significant damage, but your hp is seriously lacking and each of your attacks consume mana. Leveling up is a simple process, as you gain stats automatically, you have no choice how your character develops and you gain no new skills (except for the mage who gets new spells). Something that is definitely similar to each playthrough is the game's difficulty; it can be pretty brutal on the 1st level. If you are not careful and just rush ahead, you will be dead within seconds; thus, you must explore the map carefully.

Speaking of maps, they contain enemies, chests and nothing else. I didn't find either some secret passages or some traps, which could have added some nice variety to them. As they stand, they are a bit barren. Something else that I wasn't particularly fond of is that it's pretty unclear what class will have a more difficult time than the others. While one would think that the mage would be the hardest to play with, he is actually the easiest, while the fighter the hardest and the archer a bit too tedious. Playing as the mage, you have access to long range, devastating spells (while also having a very good defense against other mage characters who pose a great threat to warriors and rogues), while the poor warrior is unable to fight back against ranged attackers or flee easily from other melee ones and the rogue has an annoying tendency of doing very poor damage or even missing.

As I mentioned above, the game is short. While it's not necessary that you'll complete the game in your first try (I very much doubt it in fact), once you can manage the first two levels, the rest aren't particularly difficult. I considered save-scumming but it proved unnecessary. Completing it with all three classes took me a bit over 3 hours. Still, I liked playing it in bite-sized chunks without being bothered by text, voices, intros and the rest. While the audiovisual factor wasn't something to write home about, it looks clean and I like the usage of tiles instead of sprites for two reasons: 1) It reminds me of tabletop games and 2) the lack of animation would look particularly bad on a sprite-based game (part of the reason why I completely ignore games like Tales of Maj'eyal and Rogue's Tale).

I can finally conclude that, despite its flaws, I enjoyed Kilgazar and wish to adambiser all the best in creating a new deeper roguelike (or whatever kind of game he prefers).

Now, I'll just update my list.
Finally finished Carmageddon. I won't play the expension as I had quite enough of it. It was fun most of the time (had a few annoying levels and police was always beating the crap out of me and didn't like it).

Full list here.
Just finished Shovel Knight.

As someone who grew up playing the old NES games, I have to say this is damn close to being one :D
JudasIscariot: Just finished Shovel Knight.

As someone who grew up playing the old NES games, I have to say this is damn close to being one :D
Closer to Castlevania, Ghosts and Goblins or Mega Man? Or something else entirely?
JudasIscariot: Just finished Shovel Knight.

Grargar: Closer to Castlevania, Ghosts and Goblins or Mega Man? Or something else entirely?
It's more like the first or second Mega Man with a dash of Super Mario Bros 3 and a pinch of Duck Tales :D
Grargar: Closer to Castlevania, Ghosts and Goblins or Mega Man? Or something else entirely?
JudasIscariot: It's more like the first or second Mega Man with a dash of Super Mario Bros 3 and a pinch of Duck Tales :D
I see. I had vibes of it being like Mega Man thanks to the fact that each boss had the word Knight in its name.
JudasIscariot: It's more like the first or second Mega Man with a dash of Super Mario Bros 3 and a pinch of Duck Tales :D
Grargar: I see. I had vibes of it being like Mega Man thanks to the fact that each boss had the word Knight in its name.
Unlike Mega Man, however, Shovel Knight's bosses don't have any weaknesses, other than player skill :)
Grargar: I see. I had vibes of it being like Mega Man thanks to the fact that each boss had the word Knight in its name.
JudasIscariot: Unlike Mega Man, however, Shovel Knight's bosses don't have any weaknesses, other than player skill :)
Do you at least get to absorb their powers?