It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bloodnet.

This game was so good and so bad at the same time... The story had some big potential, but execution was really broken. I had to peek into a walkthrough, peek into a let's play and cheat a little to figure out what I'm supposed to do. It felt like they put a lot of work into building this world and lacked time \ resources while implementing plot into it.
End boss? Out of nowhere. End twist? Out of nowhere. If there is any buildup for them - I must've missed it, and I shouldn't be able to :)
The game could've been a lot better if it focused more on RPG or point'n'click.
Still, I liked it and I think it's good in it's bad way :)
Mr.Caine: The Swapper- a puzzle game with amazing graphics and art style and a very strong atmosphere and score.i found the gameplay to be quite challenging at times but maybe that's just because I almost never play puzzle games.
But you still managed to beat it? Without a walkthrough? I guess I must be quite dense then, because it seems I'm hopelessly stuck. In order to continue I only have to solve two out of five puzzles, but all of those five seem near impossible to me. :/

Sigh, so many games I should have completed a long time ago but didn't because I got stuck. :(
Mr.Caine: The Swapper- a puzzle game with amazing graphics and art style and a very strong atmosphere and score.i found the gameplay to be quite challenging at times but maybe that's just because I almost never play puzzle games.
Leroux: But you still managed to beat it? Without a walkthrough? I guess I must be quite dense then, because it seems I'm hopelessly stuck. In order to continue I only have to solve two out of five puzzles, but all of those five seem near impossible to me. :/

Sigh, so many games I should have completed a long time ago but didn't because I got stuck. :(
I don't know if it may help you but I got stuck when I tried to solve some puzzles with either one-pixel precision or with a plan that required a lot of dexterity and hands-eye coordination (like swapping twice during a fall or something like that). It was much easier to solve those puzzles when I realized they are purely logical. No one-pixel precision nor spectacular jumping sequences ;) In other words: when you know what to do there is not a chance that you can fail. So save your time and whenever you start thinking about something dexterous just forget about it. It really helped me a lot when I finally realized that and I've finished every single puzzle without a walkthrough :) You can do it!
Leroux: But you still managed to beat it? Without a walkthrough? I guess I must be quite dense then, because it seems I'm hopelessly stuck. In order to continue I only have to solve two out of five puzzles, but all of those five seem near impossible to me. :/

Ghorpm: I don't know if it may help you but I got stuck when I tried to solve some puzzles with either one-pixel precision or with a plan that required a lot of dexterity and hands-eye coordination (like swapping twice during a fall or something like that). It was much easier to solve those puzzles when I realized they are purely logical. No one-pixel precision nor spectacular jumping sequences ;) In other words: when you know what to do there is not a chance that you can fail. So save your time and whenever you start thinking about something dexterous just forget about it. It really helped me a lot when I finally realized that and I've finished every single puzzle without a walkthrough :) You can do it!
Yeah, I think I've solved one or two hard puzzles with dexterity and one-pixel precision before and wasn't sure if I was supposed to do it this way ... :D

Still, I can't seem to beat them with logic either. But I haven't completely given up on them yet, otherwise I'd have looked up a walkthrough, and I'd like to avoid that. As weird as that sounds, I even wondered whether I should make a paper sketch of the puzzles in question, so I could think about them even when I'm not in game. :D
Post edited January 25, 2014 by Leroux

I had to use a walkthrough on 3-4 of them.It's weird how some of the earlier puzzles made my brain hurt more then some of the later ones...
Mr.Caine: I had to use a walkthrough on 3-4 of them.It's weird how some of the earlier puzzles made my brain hurt more then some of the later ones...
That's a relief. I'm probably only halfway through the game right now and I was afraid it would get harder and harder from now on. Anyway, in the meantime I've solved one of the five puzzles. One more to go.
Mr.Caine: I had to use a walkthrough on 3-4 of them.It's weird how some of the earlier puzzles made my brain hurt more then some of the later ones...
Leroux: That's a relief. I'm probably only halfway through the game right now and I was afraid it would get harder and harder from now on. Anyway, in the meantime I've solved one of the five puzzles. One more to go.
Don't shoot the messenger but you need to get every single orb to reach the ending. So if you don't get them now you'll have to come back later anyway. I think it's advisable to do so (that is leave them for now if you can access a new area). I would say that the middle part of the game is the most difficult. Technically some of the later puzzles are more difficult but you'll be so much better at solving them so they just will seem to be easier. And then after getting some experience with this kind of puzzles you shouldn't have problems with those you omitted.
Just finished Hitman Absolution. It got a lot of hate from Hitman fans, but I liked it. But I never played the other Hitman games, so... yeah... I just didn't expect anything that wasn't part of the game (maybe I'll try the other ones one day). It got a bit repetitive after a while, but I liked the freedom you have. There were many ways to kill your targets and a lot of little secrets (weapons, hidden passages, etc). I even repeated some levels, just because I wanted to try other ways to get the job done. I can't remember any other game that made me replay it before finishing it...

Full list
finally! just finished my second game this year. a bit of a controversial one this one but it is jet pack joyride. I consider this one finished as I have bought every single item in the game through grinding and hard work rather than buying with real money. also I have just about finished all the windows 8 version achievements to complete the set. :P

see what else I have been up to here!
Post edited January 25, 2014 by platercake
Catacombs 3D (25th jan 8:48pm)

Its a nice game I guess you can see what will become Wolf 3D. Fun game but the game is really dated now
Today I finished Geneforge. If I can use the term finished, as I have only seen one of the possible endings, and there are some side quests I never completed. I think, though, that I'm going to move on to other games before I go back for a more completionist approach, so I call this one completed for now.

I love this game. I remember playing it back when it came out, but I had never reached the end. It's a relief to finally know what is going on with this island. I played as a Guardian, stacking strength and health and focusing on melee damage, with only a few ranged creations for support. Go up and whack things in the face and then live longer than they do, that was my motto, and it worked quite well.

I made a few morally questionable decisions at the end, but the conclusion turned out better than I would have hoped for. Overall, a very satisfying game. Geneforge 2, here I come!

My list
real.geizterfahr: Just finished Hitman Absolution. It got a lot of hate from Hitman fans, but I liked it. But I never played the other Hitman games, so... yeah... I just didn't expect anything that wasn't part of the game (maybe I'll try the other ones one day). It got a bit repetitive after a while, but I liked the freedom you have. There were many ways to kill your targets and a lot of little secrets (weapons, hidden passages, etc). I even repeated some levels, just because I wanted to try other ways to get the job done. I can't remember any other game that made me replay it before finishing it...

Full list
It's usually the way that fans of the series dislike a change in direction, but judged on its own is a pretty good game. There are countless examples of this; in general, it's probably good not to be a raging fanboy, because you're probably wrong :)
Just finished Fallout 3 for the first time.
Was having an amazing time with it until I hit the absolutely ridiculous level cap. 20? Really? I had gotten as far as discovering where to go to find the G.E.C.K. in the main story line when I capped out. I only had the Nuka-Cola Challenge left to complete as far as side quests go, so I bee-lined it to the end of the game. Man, the level cap has tarnished my whole experience with this game. I discovered just now that I missed only 3 side-quests. My final game time was 51 hours. Seems too short for a game of this size.
Just finished Alpha Prime.
It's...erm...not really good. It was a real refreshment to have an actual health bar,but when almost every single bullet hits you, no matter how far away are your enemies, it gets annoying fast. Voice acting is just laughably bad, especially noticable on the Italian guy you meet near the begging It has an attempt at story, and it got me hooked at one point , but (spoilers ahead!) miserably fails at the end. He shoots the guy, takes the heart, gets killed...and than what? Left some room for a sequel?(spoilers end here.) Game looks decent-ish. Worth noting is I played on 1366x768 screen, so your experience on this one may differ. It has some rather good music in it mixed with some meh one. It's a shame that triggers for begin/end are less then optimal (how do you even manage to mess that one up?).
Enemies are really plentiful, and fairly resistant to bullets, so I found myself swearing at out of ammo situations more than once. Some stuff appears to be an afterthought, or just disappear without notice or reason.
Bottom line is, it does what it says on the tin. Budget shooter. If you want to shoot something and have nothing else to play, go ahead, just don't expect too much.
IronStar: Just finished Alpha Prime.
It's...erm...not really good. It was a real refreshment to have an actual health bar,but when almost every single bullet hits you, no matter how far away are your enemies, it gets annoying fast. Voice acting is just laughably bad, especially noticable on the Italian guy you meet near the begging It has an attempt at story, and it got me hooked at one point , but (spoilers ahead!) miserably fails at the end. He shoots the guy, takes the heart, gets killed...and than what? Left some room for a sequel?(spoilers end here.) Game looks decent-ish. Worth noting is I played on 1366x768 screen, so your experience on this one may differ. It has some rather good music in it mixed with some meh one. It's a shame that triggers for begin/end are less then optimal (how do you even manage to mess that one up?).
Enemies are really plentiful, and fairly resistant to bullets, so I found myself swearing at out of ammo situations more than once. Some stuff appears to be an afterthought, or just disappear without notice or reason.
Bottom line is, it does what it says on the tin. Budget shooter. If you want to shoot something and have nothing else to play, go ahead, just don't expect too much.
yea the shooting was bad and the italian guy did one of the worst voice acting, but i liked the setting and story, the ending was awkward and since there is no chance of sequal it was also pointless