It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Turn up the heat.

Frostpunk, the unforgiving exercise on costly decision making, just got a significant update. It adds a brutal Survivor Mode, a quick save/load function and plenty of fixes and improvements that will force you to take your playthrough out of the ice and give it another spin. If you haven't started it yet, the game is now 15% off until June 24, 10pm UTC.

This Survivor mode will challenge you to the limits as your progress only gets saved upon exiting the game and there is no active pause either. If you've already conquered the game on the highest difficulty, this is what you were looking for.

So, ready to embrace your cold soul?
Thank you to 11 Bit Studios for the update! I'll have to check it out later today :)
Post edited June 19, 2018 by JinseiNGC224
So, even it was a top seller during the GOG's summer sale, you timed the update for the Steam sale and now is when you give a 15% discount? Just after GOG's sale and the 10% discount you offered here?

...yep, ok.
Kakarot96: So, even it was a top seller during the GOG's summer sale, you timed the update for the Steam sale and now is when you give a 15% discount? Just after GOG's sale and the 10% discount you offered here?

...yep, ok.
The basic sale prices are controlled by steam/gog and is out of their commision, the deep prices savings are only if agreed to with the publisher. So don't go blaming 11bit for that.
>This Survivor mode will challenge you to the limits as your progress only gets saved upon exiting the game. Not sure why you'd want to do that but there you have it.

So the big update is basically...
Uhh...
You could just not save in the base game and have the same result?
Yrgh...
Frostpunk went 15% off on Steam last night .... So i bought it there instead, as i had £7 store credit.

I don't want to buy the same game twice, so will wait until GOG Connect gets this game up.
There should be a patch notes section on game pages.
I seriously want this game, but I don't typically buy new games that aren't on Linux. 11 bit has been pretty good about supporting Linux in the past, so hopefully we'll see Frostpunk on Linux someday!
high rated
Riekopo: There should be a patch notes section on game pages.
New features:

Added Survivor Mode!
Survive against all odds. There’s no active pause, the game will be very difficult and your progress will be saved on exit only.
Added achievements for Survivor Mode
Brand new achievements that you can get only by beating the game on the Survivor Mode!
Added Ansel SDK integration
Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots and view in 360. Compose your screenshots from any position, adjust them with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share them in 360 degrees using your mobile phone, PC, or VR headset. That’s the theory. In practice, this tool allows you – among other things – to take super cool, high resolution screenshots like this one. You can learn more on the Ansel website.
Added quick save/load – default F5 and F9
Smaller changes and balancing:

Constructed streets now more easily connect to already existing street net
Rebalanced amount of starting resources and resources on frostland for Refugees and The Arks scenarios in easy and hard difficulty setting.
Hunters will now have to rest for a few hours after coming back from the hunt. It will no longer be possible to send them to other work immediately.
Added blocking other panels by in-game menu
Changed extraction rate value for all pickable resources – replaced potential value with all employees by actual value based on efficiency
It is now possible to bind keyboard shortcuts to “Fast speed” and “Very fast speed” commands
Increased precision of the gathered Steam Cores amount to 2 digits after comma
Added emergency shift trackers to pickable resources
Fixes:

Fixed conditions for Saviour and Iron Saviour achievements
Fixed certain endlog variations that didn’t display properly when Cannibalism law was passed
Fixed overlapping trackers on frostland (sites, expeditions, transports, survivors)
Fixed missing recurring consequences of Emergency Shifts. Watch out when you exert your workforce!
Fixed showing tutorials after loading save
Fixed a bug causing snow caps to accumulate on buildings that were just built inside heat zone
Fixed scrollbars in all expedition building selection panels
Fixed some translations
Fixed many UI show/hide animations
Fixed closing notifications on pause
Enabled notifications visibility on Frostland
Fixed queuing unlocked resources on resource bar
Fixed texts serializations – all texts will be in current language, even after changing language in main menu and loading save
Fixed calculating average discontent for expeditions
Fixed states (selected, pressed) for many buttons in selection panel
Fixed current research description text on workshop selection panel
Fixed displaying prohibited citizen groups on population panel
Fixed disabled people outside care house count
Fixed two crashes that occurred in rare circumstances
Fixed a bug causing upgraded buildings to overlap adjacent streets

But yes, patch notes is a topic that has been highlighted and talked about recently
Post edited June 19, 2018 by Linko90
Linko90: New features:
Thank you for the patch notes! :)
Linko90: New features:
Uilos: Thank you for the patch notes! :)
No bother!
Woah, okey, after patch note it looks better than just "u can't save".
"Ansel SDK integration" sounds cool, but is there any info about making .mp4 out of endgame timelapse? That'd be super cool.
Kakarot96: So, even it was a top seller during the GOG's summer sale, you timed the update for the Steam sale and now is when you give a 15% discount? Just after GOG's sale and the 10% discount you offered here?

...yep, ok.
DarkZenith2: The basic sale prices are controlled by steam/gog and is out of their commision, the deep prices savings are only if agreed to with the publisher. So don't go blaming 11bit for that.
So they release the new update 1 day before steam sale and just after the GOG's summer sale, and both Steam and GOG decide by their own to take profit of this fact to put a 15% discount on the game? I don't think so.

I haven't bought the game while on last sale, i was thinking about it but i'm glad i decided not to do it. But a lot of people save money to buy games while on this special sales. I am sure there will be people that bought the game in the last day or last moment only to see it the next day, after the sale, with a bigger discount.

And i ask myself: why 11bit (or GOG, if you are right and they decided to put this discount precisely in this moment, something i highly doubt because, if they could, why not to promote it better during the big event? it is more logic and more respectful for all their own customers) could not think of this, seeing it can be infuriating to these people here on GOG and put the same discount during the sale, even on the last day?

Not may gogers, after having spend their money on the sale are going to buy this, or have already bought the game during the sale. Imho, that discount just a day before would have been a much better decision to respect all the people who saved money for one of the big year's sales here on GOG. This is why i said it seems to be made just for the Steam sale, ignoring the GOG big sale. We all know most of the devs/publishers time updates for the Steam Summer or Christmas sales (even mostly abandoned games that magically have a new patch lol), but in this case we had the GOG Summer sale ending just the day before...come on.

Just my humble opinion and despite not buying it in very the last moment, luckily. Oh, and i know it's just 5%, it's not that much, but...that's not the question. I wonder if 11bit still have a good relationship with CD Project and with GOG, because they could have done it much better.

Edit: "don't go blaming 11bit for that" means "blame GOG for that"? (and i am not blaming anyone, anyway, just question the timing and forms)
Post edited June 20, 2018 by Kakarot96
DarkZenith2: The basic sale prices are controlled by steam/gog and is out of their commision, the deep prices savings are only if agreed to with the publisher. So don't go blaming 11bit for that.
Kakarot96: So they release the new update 1 day before steam sale and just after the GOG's summer sale, and both Steam and GOG decide by their own to take profit of this fact to put a 15% discount on the game? I don't think so.

I haven't bought the game while on last sale, i was thinking about it but i'm glad i decided not to do it. But a lot of people save money to buy games while on this special sales. I am sure there will be people that bought the game in the last day or last moment only to see it the next day, after the sale, with a bigger discount.

And i ask myself: why 11bit (or GOG, if you are right and they decided to put this discount precisely in this moment, something i highly doubt because, if they could, why not to promote it better during the big event? it is more logic and more respectful for all their own customers) could not think of this, seeing it can be infuriating to these people here on GOG and put the same discount during the sale, even on the last day?

Not may gogers, after having spend their money on the sale are going to buy this, or have already bought the game during the sale. Imho, that discount just a day before would have been a much better decision to respect all the people who saved money for one of the big year's sales here on GOG. This is why i said it seems to be made just for the Steam sale, ignoring the GOG big sale. We all know most of the devs/publishers time updates for the Steam Summer or Christmas sales (even mostly abandoned games that magically have a new patch lol), but in this case we had the GOG Summer sale ending just the day before...come on.

Just my humble opinion and despite not buying it in very the last moment, luckily. Oh, and i know it's just 5%, it's not that much, but...that's not the question. I wonder if 11bit still have a good relationship with CD Project and with GOG, because they could have done it much better.

Edit: "don't go blaming 11bit for that" means "blame GOG for that"? (and i am not blaming anyone, anyway, just question the timing and forms)
It's very simple.
Devs set up "max discount" that can be used for sales, events, etc. GoG had big sale a few days ago and that 10% was probably set up as max. discount by 11bits. Steam, on the other hand, didn't have big sales recently. Now, they released 1.1 both here and on steam and they offered 15% with a big update; recent sale on GoG was just badly (for them) timed. There's no great mystery in this. It happens both here and on steam every now and then because you can sync time between each publisher, each platform, and each update.
reative00: It's very simple.
Devs set up "max discount" that can be used for sales, events, etc. GoG had big sale a few days ago and that 10% was probably set up as max. discount by 11bits. Steam, on the other hand, didn't have big sales recently. Now, they released 1.1 both here and on steam and they offered 15% with a big update; recent sale on GoG was just badly (for them) timed. There's no great mystery in this. It happens both here and on steam every now and then because you can sync time between each publisher, each platform, and each update.
Again, they (publisher) offered a new discount the next day to the end of the sale. The next day. I perfectly understand what you are saying (and it's not the same DarkZenith2 was saying, btw) and...what? You had a big sale just the day before...why not thinking about it and even if you are not going to release the patch until the next say, offer the new discount while on sale? Bad timed is a month later, a week later maybe, but not less than 24 hours later. It's like saying: hey, the sale was over, release the new discount! :P for me it's as simple.

I am, ofc, assuming that 11bit knew that GOG's Summer Sale was happening, and that Frostpunk was on top 15 sellers (if not, it is even worse, but i cannot believe they were unaware of the sale) They are a Poland based studio and publisher if i'm not wrong, i suppose it is as simple as making a phone call or sending an email. Instead, they timed the update for the begining of the Steam sale, it seems. There's no mistery, i agree, just bad forms towards the GOG's big sale and towards those who purchased during the sale, bad planification or misunderstood between GOG and 111bit, and 1 of those 3 is probably what happened, in my opinion.

Anyway, great update it seems, so good work, devs.