It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
vjadid: I have saved my Walking Dead key, this time it will be all clear once the deadline passes.
MarkoH01: Funny - did the same thing :D
But you'll have to reveal it first to get the same situation I have experienced.
Well I have revealed it already
● The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition [free weekend] ●
http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Edition/
MarkoH01: Funny - did the same thing :D
But you'll have to reveal it first to get the same situation I have experienced.
vjadid: Well I have revealed it already
I don't have it revealed yet. So would you like to try it for both of us? It would be sad if both keys would go to waste after the deadine has gone just because we both wanted to try if it is valid after deadine. This way I could give mine away to make somebody happy and if the key in fact does not expire you could do the same with yours and we know once and for all.
Post edited September 09, 2017 by MarkoH01
Game Giveaway of the day — Zzed

Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Are you ready to combat thousands of meteoroids in the outer space? Are you brave enough to board the space ship and travel into the farthest corners of the universe?

Meet Zzed, a young guy who is desperately in love with a rich girl with a beautiful name Zzuma. It happens that she is the daughter of the richest and most powerful man in the city. Obviously, her father is not very happy with his daughter's choice. So he will not let poor Zzed marry Zzuma until he becomes rich and famous. That's the reason why our young friend decides to start a career of a Space Garbage Cleaner for Zopa-Zola Corporation.

If Zzed copes with it, he will be hired. As you see, this is very important for him so please do your best to help the guy! Your task is to shoot meteoroids of the same color to destroy them. But do it quickly!
"Pressured"

Indiegala massive giveaway

https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive
vjadid: Well I have revealed it already
MarkoH01: I don't have it revealed yet. So would you like to try it for both of us? It would be sad if both keys would go to waste after the deadine has gone just because we both wanted to try if it is valid after deadine. This way I could give mine away to make somebody happy and if the key in fact does not expire you could do the same with yours and we know once and for all.
Yup don't worry, I'll do it :)

Just to be clear I have done this till now:
click redeem on the Humble key page, it showed me the key. Then I took screenshot of the page and then logged out. Now waiting for the redeem deadline September 23rd.

ok?
MarkoH01: I don't have it revealed yet. So would you like to try it for both of us? It would be sad if both keys would go to waste after the deadine has gone just because we both wanted to try if it is valid after deadine. This way I could give mine away to make somebody happy and if the key in fact does not expire you could do the same with yours and we know once and for all.
vjadid: Yup don't worry, I'll do it :)

click redeem on the Humble key page, it showed me the key. Then I took screenshot of the page and then logged out. Now waiting for the redeem deadline September 23rd.

ok?
Yes, exactly what I did. Because of revealing it it never vanished.
Game Giveaway of the day — Royal Defense

Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

The castle needs a hero – hordes of trolls are surrounding it! Build towers, save money, learn spells, and keep the enemy away! Follow the exciting story of the dwarven kingdom's eternal struggle against the troll hordes, who want only to crush the dwarves and claim their territory. To defeat these monstrous hordes, you must construct defensive towers and units and learn to wield powerful spells.

Tap anywhere you like for a handy pop-up menu listing all the units and structures that can be built in each location. Tap existing structures to see how you can upgrade your forces with powerful improvements!

All your towers and units have specific stats: Damage, Fire rate, Damage radius, Damage type, as well as various other features, such as Enemy Slowdown and Damage Over Time. Each level also brings new units and structures to help you fight the troll menace. You’ll never be lacking for new and exciting ways of decimating those nasty trolls!
vjadid: Yup don't worry, I'll do it :)

ok?
MarkoH01: Yes, exactly what I did. Because of revealing it never vanished.
isn't it just much easier to ask the Humble guys directly? (ok, that probably wouldn't be the most politically correct approach XD)

on the other hand, I'm blind-guessing as you are, but 1000% sure that these keys are going to have that deadline regardless of you revealing it or not, I have no idea of the internals of the system, but it's probably hardcoded, so most likely the algorithm will give you a key that still expires the 23rd or either not give you any key because one of the parameters is false (in the case you're trying to generate a key that should be void on the 23rd but current date is higher than that)

further more, think of this, many of us got our key on different days, wich following your train of thought should have that very same time difference in their deadlines...still, always September 23rd can't recall what time for all of us (or at least many of us took a day or two to say "just got mine"...not sure nor can remember what was the "get it for free" deadline on product page)

just a programmer's thoughts

or you could just wait until the 22nd and then reveal it, if it's still not good after the 23rd, then you have 24hs to give it away, otherwise, you'll have about 20 days to do the same, but in both case scenarios it doesn't go to waste and we get a proper answer
Sleengster on IndieGala
https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung#giveaway

Streetball VR on Gleam
https://gleam.io/KH8ds/streetball-vr

World War III: Black Gold on DLH
https://www.dlh.net/en/steam-keys.html

(you need to first log in and then go to that URL to see the giveaway, much easier and faster loging in with your facebook account)
I would like to report something that I think supports my assumption that Steam keys don't expire.

Whenever Humble has a giveaway I reveal the key, screenshot it and then save the image to activate it later.

Now these are some games I got , along with their redemption deadline according to Humble:
1) X-COM: UFO Defense - deadline is February 15th, 2017
2) Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - deadline is June 10th, 2017
3) Killing Floor - deadline is July 8th, 2017

Now I list the actual dates I activated them successfully on Steam, according to "View licenses and product key activations" option on my Steam account details page:
1) X-COM: UFO Defense - February 20th, 2017
2) Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - August 4th, 2017
3) Killing Floor - August 4th, 2017

Thus I conclude that Steam keys don't expire, but Humble hides them after the deadline.
vjadid: Thus I conclude that Steam keys don't expire, but Humble hides them after the deadline.
That's what they do, yes. When the free giveaway was on for Stealth Inc 2 I claimed a copy but couldn't connect to Steam at the time. Had to go out and forgot about trying again when I got home. The next day after the giveaway was over I logged in to my HB account and tried to reveal the key again but instead got a message saying the freebie was over. So I have a key tied to my account that I can never see. Contacted support but got nowhere.
vjadid: I would like to report something that I think supports my assumption that Steam keys don't expire.

Whenever Humble has a giveaway I reveal the key, screenshot it and then save the image to activate it later.

Now these are some games I got , along with their redemption deadline according to Humble:
1) X-COM: UFO Defense - deadline is February 15th, 2017
2) Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - deadline is June 10th, 2017
3) Killing Floor - deadline is July 8th, 2017

Now I list the actual dates I activated them successfully on Steam, according to "View licenses and product key activations" option on my Steam account details page:
1) X-COM: UFO Defense - February 20th, 2017
2) Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition - August 4th, 2017
3) Killing Floor - August 4th, 2017

Thus I conclude that Steam keys don't expire, but Humble hides them after the deadline.
Seems to me like it's proven then. I guess my key was simply invalid because I already gave it away and forgot about it.
vjadid: Thus I conclude that Steam keys don't expire, but Humble hides them after the deadline.
ABH20: That's what they do, yes. When the free giveaway was on for Stealth Inc 2 I claimed a copy but couldn't connect to Steam at the time. Had to go out and forgot about trying again when I got home. The next day after the giveaway was over I logged in to my HB account and tried to reveal the key again but instead got a message saying the freebie was over. So I have a key tied to my account that I can never see. Contacted support but got nowhere.
Yup, i think i got an unclaimed Stealth Inc 2 Steam key that 'disappeared' as well. So i support the notion that while the Steam keys will still be vaild, if u didn't record it down b4 it 'disappears' then it's probably gone 4 gd.

Talking abt Steam keys, if any1 hv an extra copy of World War III: Black Gold or dun 1 it pls PM me. Wld be grateful be any1 can do me this favour, thks. :)
DLH.net is a scam, there's no steam keys, just people asking where are the steam keys, I regret making an account