It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gogtrial34987: @blotunga: How much experience do you have with playing mafia?
Merry Christmas!
Not nearly enough. Last time I played was more than 15 years ago. I did play the RL wherewolf one night, however we were fewer and we didn't have Hunter and Masons, instead we had the Drunk. So I'm not really familiar with the Hunter/Mason strategies.
Merry Christmas, and joyous holidays, everyone! Yes yes, you baddies included! Hope you're all having a lovely time. ;-P

I see you've been quite chatty on Christmas Eve, didn't expect that, mine turned out a lot busier than initially anticipated, and even now I'm off to the family Christmas gathering, so this is just a quick checking in. Have (a lot) to catch up, and will do so later this evening.

Also appreciate the mod's leniency, and the extension, cheers!

cristigale: Like it or not, it is what it is. Would it be better if I say nothing and leave everyone hanging, knowing it may be the next day before I can post again? I don't question that you are spending time with a friend. I don't expect you to lie about it. I'd appreciate the same.
A quick reply to this, as I got a notification. I was/am neither questioning, nor implying you were lying about being busy; you had already said as much, and I expected everyone to be, more or less, in the same boat. My comment was about the specific way you prefaced your post; gave an otherwise reiteration of your limited availability a bit more weight/different note in my eyes. I obviously failed to convey this properly; apologies for making you feel I was questioning your sincerity, and hope we're good.
gogtrial34987: @blotunga: How much experience do you have with playing mafia?
blotunga: Merry Christmas!
Not nearly enough. Last time I played was more than 15 years ago. I did play the RL wherewolf one night, however we were fewer and we didn't have Hunter and Masons, instead we had the Drunk. So I'm not really familiar with the Hunter/Mason strategies.
Aw man, and then to draw a scum role on your first event here! That sucks, particularly with everyone being on to you now. I guess your best hope is that HSL swapped you (which I consider at least semi-likely, since as a new player, HSL must figure you're likely to get flustered). I hope you'll be faster with revealing your role once that happens then the opponent you'll get swapped with! Good luck with that!

Anyway, out of curiosity, which role do you think was the third one in the middle?
blotunga: Merry Christmas!
gogtrial34987: Aw man, and then to draw a scum role on your first event here! That sucks, particularly with everyone being on to you now. I guess your best hope is that HSL swapped you (which I consider at least semi-likely, since as a new player, HSL must figure you're likely to get flustered). I hope you'll be faster with revealing your role once that happens then the opponent you'll get swapped with! Good luck with that!

Anyway, out of curiosity, which role do you think was the third one in the middle?
Why would you think that I was a scum? It could be just as well you or zeo or trent. Anyway I think the third card could be one of the following: Tanner, Werewolf, Minion or Hunter since I'm not sure of our Hunter's honesty.
Merry Christmas everyone!

blotunga: since I'm not sure of our Hunter's honesty.
Do you mean the role or me? Oh wait, both of them are me... fun game :)
Post edited December 25, 2016 by Hunter65536
I'm leaning towards believing Hunter (or assuming he is the Tanner, his play could be seen as an attempt to get lynched), without a counter claim I find it unlikely he is lying and his play doesn't appear to be overly wolfy..
I don't see the advantage in a Hunter (role) lynch so I don't think he's particularly up for consideration.

If he is lying though, that does mean we've got two wolves and a minion about.

I'm leaning towards gogtrial and blotunga being some flavour of scum, and trent and drealmer being real villagers but I'd need to see more posting from all of them to be sure (and confirmation of bler and HSL's actions would be nice).

I also appear to be leaning a lot, so hopefully I don't fall over. It's probably all the alcohol, it is Christmas.
popping through while breakfast is cooking. cristi's AtE appeals to me since it is pretty much my experience with the game as well. I mean, I guess it could just be a half-lie, but there's definitely a lot of truth in what she's saying whether or not it's all true.

Still think lynching in blotunga/trent/trial is the play.

@adalia - yes, I teased it was drealmer early on (and why) and then confirmed it somewhere. Like cristi if I had things to play over, going back to my pick, I would've played pretty much the whole thing differently.

Gotta run, will check back in later.
wow, lots to catch up on, I still didn't finish zeo's post from last night...

will get to it all later

I did a quick skim (was looking for posts from cristi specifically) and it is looking good

don't fret "wishing you'd played it differently", anyone, that is how this game goes when you're unfamiliar with the mechanics

sorry I wasn't here sooner quicker better to guide how the game unfolded from the get-go (which is the main reason to suspect zeo is up to no good, he knows how it goes)

of course I couldn't have helped with the pre-game action decisions (other than the robber not to do anything! but honesly that's not as FUN! even if it can fug shit up, because, of course, bler could have switched with trent and be now wolf to zeo's minion and zeo doesn't even know it...)

but umm, don't let me distract with theories just yet, sorry, I haven't caught up nearly in 12+ hours

sorry to be commenting without being caught up, but am trying to be useful...

one of the main things to figure out:

if bler is lying or not

he's lying if trent was scum and he robbed trent
he's trelling the truth if he robbed me, because I did start a villager (unless he knows HSL switched bler's villager card that used tobe mine with someone bler has figured out to have started as scum)

and yes "scum" is the general term that should be used in this game when referring to any of the 4 non-villager cards, obviously

when being more specific in your talk, be more specific

I think that's happening...
Post edited December 25, 2016 by drealmer7
bler144: @adalia - yes, I teased it was drealmer early on (and why) and then confirmed it somewhere. Like cristi if I had things to play over, going back to my pick, I would've played pretty much the whole thing differently.

Gotta run, will check back in later.
Must have missed that. So we're down to gogtrial, trent and blotunga then... unfortunately they are all pretty suspicious for different reasons and I could see any of them being scum...
drealmer7: snip
Well, that's why I wished I'd played it differently. Fwiw, the main reason I held off is I wasn't sure if that would give anyone who hadn't claimed and was going bluff that it was safe to claim it. Which turned out to be irrelevant because I should've realized it's just the safest space to fake claim even if one villager is confirmed.

I also thought the math was more in my favor, but once I remembered which excel formula does that type of statistical distribution(hypgeomdist), yeah, my initial proposition was 89% likely to occur randomly. (I'd have to double check, but I think cristi's was like 43%). I'd assumed it was like 50/50 but then I hadn't really thought it that much. I thought the fact that I came out of the game with the robber claim would be clearing, though I guess Drealmer's right that it doesn't clear <what> I did with the role.

I also had this weird sense HSL was eyeing me and Drealmer both and that me acknowledging it was wouldn't clear anything anyway.

Though the way all the claims played out, again, unless a townie is lying, the only way it even could be a me/drealmer team at this point is if cristi is true and zeo is lying. Which does appear the likelier scenario, so IDK.

That said, again, relying on meta a bit, if I were going to be scum, I would've prepared way better. Other than the question in the thread, the only questions I PMed dedo were about how my role worked. I kinda thought it was as simple as just hope I don't rob a wolf (success), tease a claim->claim (fail?), and focus on who was lying.

But instead, this isn't even a game about figuring out who's lying, it's sorting the <pool> of liars, and then figuring out why they're each lying.

If HSL did (or claims he did) swap me with someone, my answer's still going to be the same. I robbed Drealmer, drealmer was villager. That's it.
adaliabooks: I'm on cristi's side. zeo is giving off all kinds of bad vibes.
I knew I should've left out the triangle. It's the triangle, isn't it?
*gives it more cowbell*

Also, I didn't get any number business. As soon as Dedo said I had a choice of another person or two unknowns, I immediately said "the left card and the middle card" by force of habit. I know that as seer, seeing two of the uknown ones is always your best bet, and it's a long story why I always choose the two left ones, but let's just say that somehow, those usually end up being the most useful.
zeogold: snip
At least 2/3 of the time!

On Trent - I'd kinda forgotten how, RL aside, being head santa for the secret santa GA tends to absorb some of his attention, and I imagine he's been incredibly busy with that the last 24 hours or so. (As an aside, thanks to any/all generous secret santas reading this thread too)

Likewise, even assuming he did "slip," which is a maybe, one would have to try and suss out if it was an intentional tease to draw the lynch (I'd say that was within his range to fake), or legit slip as wolf.

I suspect HSL will decide the game, but atm I'd probably vote Blotunga. Haven't seen trial's scum game, and he might be quite that good, but he's at least trying to town it up.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

I am trying to catch up, been a busy Christmas.
I still wonder what HSL did, it can be a game changer. If I had more time at the start (I'm sorry family and the secret Santa event really did take a lot of time) I would have played it different. If hyper did not switch my role, you should lynch me ;-) (I super promise you want to lynch me *puppy dog eyes*), but if hyper did switch my role then I"m not sure until he says who he switched it with.
trentonlf: I still wonder what HSL did, it can be a game changer. If I had more time at the start (I'm sorry family and the secret Santa event really did take a lot of time) I would have played it different. If hyper did not switch my role, you should lynch me ;-) (I super promise you want to lynch me *puppy dog eyes*), but if hyper did switch my role then I"m not sure until he says who he switched it with.
Hm, are you actually claiming Tanner?