It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dessimu: .................

As for a joke, what if I just say:
"P___P Monkey bottoms! I did not make a merged post... YOU are all drunk!"
Drunk?!?!

It's eight in the morning.

Even Californians are sober at eight in the morning.
Bookwyrm627: I'd guess you were a victim of the new page bug. Do you display 30 posts per page?
Dessimu: 30 posts - yes, I do display 30 posts per page. How did you know?
The merged post was number 331. That combined with GOG repeatedly "eating" your posts, I figured it was the new page bug, which means you display 30 posts per page (331 would be the first post on page 11, yes?).
flubbucket: Drunk?!?!

It's eight in the morning.

Even Californians are sober at eight in the morning.
Well... It's almost 4PM in here, so it's a safe bet that around few thousand people are already grasping for a second bottle. And at least 1 must be passing out.

Bookwyrm627: The merged post was number 331. That combined with GOG repeatedly "eating" your posts, I figured it was the new page bug, which means you display 30 posts per page (331 would be the first post on page 11, yes?).
You are almost right. #331 is a first post on page 12. What a crazy bug. Got to call pest control now.
HijacK: Ever thought maybe that's what I'm going for? *wink* *wink*
Ah, just joking. Or am I? *sips Aloe juice*
Well, it has good pulp.

Why should I? I use my energy to exploit this opportunity.

[...]
If Town, why would you want to leave us with nth to work with if you get NK-ed Tonight? If Scum, great way to allegedly just joke,and skate by.

Interesting that cristigale let this slide, even though this was a direct reply to her prodding HijacK.

HijacK: Did I just kill the thread? I was expecting at least JMich and HSL to backtrack to flub's ranch game, iirc.
Not sure I follow, backtrack about what?

HijacK: Why would it be? Just because he has a vote on me? Pfff. I find his justification for the placement scummy. He used similar "reasons" in his scum games to keep a vote on a person and when that person doesn't look likely to be lynched he is hard to account for in case a mislynch happens. It's like a broken record player at this point. "Oh, look, shiny RVS vote."
"Hmmm, initially, my vote was RVS, but I don't like XYZ 'cause it's no ZXY, and the key to more views from the 6 is for me to keep my vote where it is."

He also does this thing where he votes for lurkers, yet he is like Major Lurker in flesh and bone.
Pot, kettle.

Dessimu: [...]

This could be read both ways when considering your current alignment.

[...]
[emphasis added]

Considering my current alignment? If you're Town, you should know exactly zitch about my current alignment. If you're Scum on the other hand...

Also, angry or not, I like how HypersomniacLive questions people and gives his insights. Because he made people talk and contribute more.

[...]
First off, angry and aggressive are not the same thing.

Second, yes, I try to make people talk, but does anyone really look at what they say/answer? Or/and what they choose to not say/answer?

cristigale: As a whole, we are pretty lenient with new players, they often make mistakes. I certainly did in my first game.

[...]
cristigale: [...] I not a fan of voting for a new player on the first day, but a4plz’s play has been far scummier than anyone else.

[...]
cristigale: [...] I also read trent's reply and can accept his reasoning. Which leaves a4plz. I don’t like voting for a new player but he is the only one really pinging my scum-dar.
Vote a4plz

[...]
Looks to me like you're trying a tad too hard to justify your vote on a new player on D1.

cristigale: [...] Having reviewed your posts, the good outweighs the bad. [...]
Be specific, what's bad about my posts, besides the aggressiveness you've already mentioned.

More to come, but before I forget it again:

Unvote babark

@mods

Votecount, please. An accurate one, if possible.
HypersomniacLive: Considering my current alignment? If you're Town, you should know exactly zitch about my current alignment. If you're Scum on the other hand...
If I was scum, I would definitely know your alignment. Now I assume you are Town. You are in the same pool as everybody else.

HypersomniacLive: Second, yes, I try to make people talk, but does anyone really look at what they say/answer? Or/and what they choose to not say/answer?
You do understand, that each player is insightful on his own level of understanding and ability to see certain things that exist or do not exist? For example, many questions that you ask of players, did not pop in my head before you asked them. That is what I like - I get a different angle to look at things, players, answers, etc.
flubbucket: [...]

Regarding others:

[...]

snipped for economy.
Does Hijack still get a free pass after his latest posts? Why?

What do you mean with "me to" about Bookwyrm627?

Is it something specific about cristigale that you find scummy?

Do you still see a4plz as enthusiastic?

What do you make of babark's terse and selective replies to me, and of his post #278?

What about trentonlf's vote on drealmer7 makes you wonder?

JMich: Managed to do a second read of HSL and Wyrm's posts. HSL still looks too aggressive to me, but nothing that would make me vote for him just yet. Wyrm does look a bit all over the place to me, though that may be intentional.

Mulling a bit more over who to vote, if any. Don't really like any of the current choices.
What do you mean by "the current choices"? And why has it to be either one of those or nth?

Bookwyrm627: [...] I'm not real excited about lynching Flub or Trent, though I could be persuaded.

[...]

Trent and Flub have both been more contributory than JMich.

[...]
What do you consider as "more contributory" from those two? What would persuade you to consider lynching them, and why?

a4plz: Yeah, I can actually see that being a scum tell. Good eyes.

[n]Unvote: No Lynch

Vote: cristigale
Your vote on cristigale never counted. The mod even told you so, yet you haven't reacted in any way. Does this mean that you're content with your vote on No-Lynch?

Dessimu: If I was scum, I would definitely know your alignment. Now I assume you are Town. You are in the same pool as everybody else.

[...]
And I should be, if you're Town, but that phrasing...

You do understand, that each player is insightful on his own level of understanding and ability to see certain things that exist or do not exist? For example, many questions that you ask of players, did not pop in my head before you asked them. That is what I like - I get a different angle to look at things, players, answers, etc.
I'm fully aware of this. So, given the free passes/lack of comments, do people just not pay (much) attention to the reactions, or do they mean little to nth in their opinion?
Today I'm comfortable with leaving my vote on drealmer or moving it back to Hijack.

Hijack has actually posted more, but only to defend himself and try and make anyone accusing him of being scum as being scum themselves. I now see what Krypsyn means about deflecting.

Drealmer is a smart player yet he continues to play in an anti town manner trying to push a no lynch on day 1. Having us start day 2 in the same position we were in on day 1 makes no sense. As I said before I could see a no lynch being more viable later in the game depending on how flips are, but not now when we have no info whatsoever.

I am giving a4plz the benefit of the doubt and attributing his/her remarks to being new and not fully understanding how things worked. His/her defense of drealmer does strike me as odd though since I don't see anyone as "piling on" him for his fictional interrogation style, the votes are on drealmer for his scummy behavior.
Bookwyrm627: [...] I'm not real excited about lynching Flub or Trent, though I could be persuaded.

[...]

Trent and Flub have both been more contributory than JMich.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: What do you consider as "more contributory" from those two? What would persuade you to consider lynching them, and why?
Trent and Flub have both done some combination of: laid an idea on the table (or perhaps echoed), provided some sort of player analysis, opened themselves up to being read, or opened themselves up to attack.

Trent in posts 42, 55, 66, 68, 168, 172, 314, 352.

Flub in posts 58(?), 77, 204, 266, 315, 333.

For comparison, JMich in posts 64 (little new), 87, 282(?), 295, 341.
And those later three posts were after I voted him.

Persuasion: If my vote were the only one that counted, then JMich would be the lynch (barring some sort of shake up). If an almost-majority of players prefer Hijack, Flub, or Trent, then I'd be willing to push any of them over the edge.

If someone makes a decent case for/against any of these 4, that would influence my vote. For comparison, the case against one of the newbies would have to be a fair bit stronger (otherwise a4plz might already have my vote, based on the distinctly dangerous "lets out the PR's" push).
Bookwyrm627: Trent and Flub have both done some combination of: laid an idea on the table (or perhaps echoed), provided some sort of player analysis, opened themselves up to being read, or opened themselves up to attack.

Trent in posts 42, 55, 66, 68, 168, 172, 314, 352.

Flub in posts 58(?), 77, 204, 266, 315, 333.

For comparison, JMich in posts 64 (little new), 87, 282(?), 295, 341.
And those later three posts were after I voted him.

Persuasion: If my vote were the only one that counted, then JMich would be the lynch (barring some sort of shake up). If an almost-majority of players prefer Hijack, Flub, or Trent, then I'd be willing to push any of them over the edge.

If someone makes a decent case for/against any of these 4, that would influence my vote. For comparison, the case against one of the newbies would have to be a fair bit stronger (otherwise a4plz might already have my vote, based on the distinctly dangerous "lets out the PR's" push).
Going to do a reread on the three now, but why would you be willing to join a wagon on them? Does anything they've said/done look (more) scummy to you?

You also said in your post #344:
Hijack has alleged school work to do, though his posting has been picking up some.
That's a comment on the amount of posting he's done. What about their content/quality?

And last for now - you said earlier that flubbucket provided an analysis on drealmer7, but that you didn't comment on the quality of it (post #257). What do you think of it?
HypersomniacLive: Going to do a reread on the three now, but why would you be willing to join a wagon on them? Does anything they've said/done look (more) scummy to you?
Process of elimination. If you can't find the scum directly, then start eliminating scum hiding places. These four players don't have a D1 pass, and they don't have the content to match others without a pass (like you, Cristi, and Dessimu).

HypersomniacLive: You also said in your post #344:

Hijack has alleged school work to do, though his posting has been picking up some.
HypersomniacLive: That's a comment on the amount of posting he's done. What about their content/quality?
Low content/quality, which is why he's right there next to JMich. One moment while I reread...
-Wanted to skip playing during RVS. Minus
-Mostly just defended himself. Small minus

Yep. He's right there next to JMich, but doesn't quite edge out Big J (who hasn't even needed to defend himself).

HypersomniacLive: And last for now - you said earlier that flubbucket provided an analysis on drealmer7, but that you didn't comment on the quality of it (post #257). What do you think of it?
I think it is weak, and really reaching for any sort of justification. It does expose Flub to counter attack, and I don't want to discourage providing player analysis.
HypersomniacLive: And I should be, if you're Town, but that phrasing...
Phrasing is fine.

HypersomniacLive: I'm fully aware of this. So, given the free passes/lack of comments, do people just not pay (much) attention to the reactions, or do they mean little to nth in their opinion?
I honestly can't answer that because I just don't know.

@people, why do you make so little comments and tell so little of your opinions?

JMich: Mulling a bit more over who to vote, if any. Don't really like any of the current choices.
Given your current involvement, you should really mull some more and faster. You know, Easter is over, you have slept, deadline is approaching, people are hungry for opinions. Be a man! Vote someone! And share why would you do such a horrible thing for that particular innocent human person.

a4plz:
Quote for attention. What do you think of me wanting to lynch you? Good choice? Bad choice? Why? Should I vote for drealmer7 instead or jump on another novice? Do you still think No-Lynch is a way to go?

babark:
Quote for attention. What kind of amazing thing do you expect us to tell, so that you yourself would make observations? Sure, it's Day 1. Is the "information" you seek, related to flips or whatever Power Roles have to say? Why do you still vote drealmer7? Did he keep on doing scummy things after RVS and all other players look Town?

OH MY GOD, you are in the game!
CSPVG: The deadline is tomorrow. I don't really see myself moving my current vote off of HijacK before then, unless something drastic occurs (a slip, some sort of interesting information brought to the fore by HijacK, etc.).
You know, since your last post people talked. Even HijacK did. I encourage you to re-evaluate or re-enforce your vote and challenge whoever you want if needed. Also, we decided to rank you up, Mr. Major Lurker.
flubbucket: [...]

Regarding others:

[...]

snipped for economy.
HypersomniacLive: Does Hijack still get a free pass after his latest posts? Why?

What do you mean with "me to" about Bookwyrm627?

Is it something specific about cristigale that you find scummy?

Do you still see a4plz as enthusiastic?

What do you make of babark's terse and selective replies to me, and of his post #278?

What about trentonlf's vote on drealmer7 makes you wonder?

...........<snip>.............
I'm not giving HijacK a free pass, just being patient.

Bookwyrm627 gives me a me to vibe with his posts. His content has an echo of what others have said. I understand since it's Day One and the pickings are slim.

I have to keep rereading cristigale's posts because I prejudice my point of view. She has a good scum game.

Like I said earlier, I think babark is trying to be careful....is it too careful??

It wasn't trentonlf's Vote as much as I'm putting him in the scum pile and we are voting the same player. It makes me wonder about my Vote placement.
flubbucket: Bookwyrm627 gives me a me to vibe with his posts. His content has an echo of what others have said. I understand since it's Day One and the pickings are slim.
One thing I've been doing so far is holding back some of my thoughts, to give other players a chance to voice some things first (the coroner's target every night is already known), or to wait and see what information becomes available at the dawn of D2 (since I'd hate to spill secrets).
HypersomniacLive: What do you mean by "the current choices"? And why has it to be either one of those or nth?
The ones I would consider voting for are a4plz for his suggestions, you (HSL) for the overly aggressive play I don't like, and Wyrm for being all over the place.
I won't vote for a newbie on D1 on principle, and since both you and Wyrm have been taking pot (or kettle) shots towards me, I do not want to vote too hastily since my view is quite likely biased.
I could vote for Drealmer to get a lynch, but I don't see something that damning.
Voting for anyone else at this point doesn't look like it will result in a lynch, and I don't like waving my vote around.

Dessimu: Given your current involvement, you should really mull some more and faster. You know, Easter is over, you have slept, deadline is approaching, people are hungry for opinions. Be a man! Vote someone!
I have said it before, I will say it again. Your vote is your weapon. You do not unsheathe your sword unless you intend to bloody it, and you do not point your gun at someone unless you are ready to shoot them. The vote should be treated the same way. I will not vote for someone unless I believe said person should be lynched.

Dessimu: And share why would you do such a horrible thing for that particular innocent human person.
See above. I wouldn't do that against someone I considered innocent. But why do you think the one I'd vote for would be innocent, hm?

Bookwyrm627: (the coroner's target every night is already known)
It is? Pray, do tell, how would you know that? I can accept a known target for N1 (the D1 lynch), but there will most likely be two possible targets for N2 (D2 lynch, N1 NK), and 3 possible targets for N3 (N2 NK, D3 lynch, whoever wasn't picked on N2). Or are you suggesting that the coroner shouldn't be targeting the night kills at all?
Notes, once again:

#281 - Dessi - I think you're giving both lotsofchickenwings and babark a bit too much slack, but I wouldn't like to see either of them gone at the end of today.

I must say that I'm not actually trying to lurk this time around (with no real success). It's just that my life has gotten quite busy over the past month or so (in a positive way).

As for Friends, I've watched the whole thing through at least twice. My sister really loves the show and owns the DVD box set. It's a fun show.

#287 - Bookwyrm - This isn't a note so much addressed to Bookwyrm, but rather a note about him.

I haven't gone back to check out his posts, but i feel as if Bookwyrm has generally posted shorter, more jokey posts in the game thus far. I know that the likely defense for that sort of thing is going to be, "It's day one, bruh."

Fair enough if that is the case, but I feel as if Bookwyrm is trying to hide in plain sight. Thoughts, everyone?

#289 - trenton - A joke vote this late into the game, sir? Why, I think I need to go and have a lie down.

#290 - drealmer - Why? Mad rushes are just as revealing as anything else.

#292 - cristi - I agree, for the most part, with this.

I would add, however, that I think offing someone today would also give us the advantage of a smaller pool of people to investigate/protect/whatever tonight and more information to use with tomorrow, with the added bonus of maybe killing someone that's scum.

#304 - drealmer - To present an alternate case, though: I think that the likelihood of hitting a PR today is quite slim but, in limiting our pool of targets, by offing someone today we're also limiting the pool of picks for scum tonight. Now, this would not be a problem in a normal game but because we only have three strikes this game, it's obviously more of a problem.

The again, the scum team could always just get lucky tonight and off a PR. Perhaps trying would be better after all. Besides, we'd just lock ourselves into a perpetual D1 if we kept on no-lynching.

#321 - Hijack - I yearn for you too, dear.

#322 - cristi - "Yes, I find everyone one of you scummy to a certain degree, but that's just day one for you," is what I would like to say, but it's not very helpful to shrug it off that way.

So, in short, notes on some people (anyone not on this list is most likely leaning neutral where I've concerned(not that I believe we have a neutral faction in this game)):

a4plz does not really seem all that scummy to me (but I am open to hearing anyone's case against her), but this may just be down to the fact that she is new to the group and I don't quite know how to read her.

HijacK I'm voting for because I feel as if he's not contributed much to the game thus far, even when he has posted. I know that I don't post often, but I do feel as if I have contributed a little more to the proceedings.

Bookwyrm feels off to me this game. Contrary to what I've come to expect of him, he's posted mostly short fluff posts with a few prods at various players here and there.

HSL is being more aggressive than he usually is, but I do not find him to be scummy at this point in time.

Drealmer seems a little scummy to me, but he usually does, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Lotsofchickenwings and babark are also hard to place for me. The former has contributed more than the latter, but not by much in my estimation. I'm not willing to vote for either of them at this time, though.

#324 - Hijack - I'm getting that put on a shirt, HijacK.

#327 - Dessi - I run the Absence Academy and Dry Cleaning Service. I'm Headmaster, Head Teacher, Hall Monitor, and Chief Desk Clerk. We're located in Boise, Idaho if you ever want to drop in for a lesson (we have intake year round) or if you need your clothes cleaned for a low, low, low price.

#344 - Bookwyrm - Perhaps I was wrong about the fluff posting. This is more substantive, and more in line with what I see as Bookwyrm's usual posting style. I really must go back and check out his other posts.

---

In General:

I don't like the push for no lynch by drealmer, but I don't want to vote for him at this time either.

I feel that my vote on HijacK is justified. He's posted more frequently in the last while, yes, but I see them as quite content thin posts, which are mostly just rebuttals against people asking him things, etc. My vote stays on him for now.