It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here we go.
Shall I PM some regular players who are not around much (bazilišek, Red_baron, Damnation, Violator and others) myself or is GOGfather willing to do it for me?
I done a few - I've assumed that baz is still Do Not Disturbed and Viola has been only signing up as backup-observer the past few I think? I didn't realise that baron and Damnatio hadn't signed up already

adzeth never wants to play again - nmillar and jefequeso haven't got back to me yet - but it hasn't been long.
Zchinque: You're not playing are you?
Damnation: PING
ViolatorX: CRASH
Post edited June 18, 2013 by JoeSapphire
JoeSapphire: I done a few - I've assumed that baz is still Do Not Disturbed and Viola has been only signing up as backup-observer the past few I think? I didn't realise that baron and Damnatio hadn't signed up already

adzeth never wants to play again - nmillar and jefequeso haven't got back to me yet - but it hasn't been long.
Thanks.

I thought bazilišek is gone from forum but he posted here few days ago so I thought it's worth a shot.
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Vitek
JoeSapphire: adzeth never wants to play again - nmillar and jefequeso haven't got back to me yet - but it hasn't been long.
What did we do to offend adzeth so?
SirPrimalform: What did we do to offend adzeth so?
He said mafia's not for him - I took it to mean that he's too gentle a soul for such barbarity
Vitek: I thought bazilišek is gone from forum but he posted here few days ago so I thought it's worth a shot.
Oh, hi.
That post was basically part of a longer discussion with Fenixp, except it was way too long for Steam chat. Otherwise, I really don't follow the forum; I pop in every now and then (like for the summer sale now), shake my head and leave. I don't think I'm going to play regular forum mafia in the near future, but thanks for not forgetting about me.
(I certainly would be up for a blitz game, though.)
bazilisek: I don't think I'm going to play regular forum mafia in the near future,
=(
Don't look at me, I know my posting rate's bad so now I'm just lurking more or less eternally. :P
SirPrimalform: What did we do to offend adzeth so?
Maybe he just didn't like it. Also, I did openly question (not judge, just wondered aloud) something he did in the last mafia game; possibly it rubbed him the wrong way? *shrug*

Regardless, I'm out. The last game proved, at least to me, that I am just burned out on Mafia for the foreseeable future.
I'll admit I had to check to see if I had the stomach for it years ago. Another forum I played on taught me (the hard way) it is sort of an "octagon" mentality where you check your feelings at the door. It's nothing personal and that was hard for me to separate. I felt like a big baby for a long while. But after realizing - it is nothing personal - it is a game - helped.
First rule of the game should be

'Nothing is personal and should not ever be construed that way'

I've made a tit of myself in countless Mafia games, but in real life I'm not a tit at all....;)
Robbeasy: 'Nothing is personal and should not ever be construed that way'
That phrasing seems to leave a loophole... If a player ever does get personal, through frustration or whatever, and someone complains, your phrasing means it's the person they're insulting's fault. That's a dangerous mindset... :/

We discovered there are limits to this - when they're crossed, it really screws up the game for everyone. I guess I'd rather the first rule was something along the lines of "Context is important: attack the player, not the person. Don't get personal; don't take things too personally."

Special extended cut:
"Mafia is a game that sometimes forces the most honest person to lie, and the most peaceful person to defend themselves violently. Expect to call people "dangerous to be left alive, with ludicrous ideas of what "scummy" means, and a liar to boot", and expect to be called a "dirty tricksy murdering liar who uses ridiculous and questionable logic and who just wants to see Town burn" in return, but make sure it stops there please."
Post edited June 20, 2013 by NotFrenchYet
The above post was written by a filthy stinkin' liar.
The Black-And-White List :

Nick Millar
Robert Dzaowney
Natalie Damnatio
Ethel Baron
Harold Muttly
August Sharim
Viola Xavilelli

Be that these listed players, read here within the list of black and white, whose recent deeds against the name of the Gogfather and the family cause that their names be here enscribed, shall fovever have the gloomy touch of treachery upon them. Be that they shall acquire many votes. Let them be nightkilled when they have power role. See that their games may be drawn unto 4000 posts.