It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had a change of plans resulting to a bit more time today but even less time starting tomorrow, so finished the list. New findings:

1. In game #63, ZFR (Macho Town Cop) had his own QT thread (mid of post #833); all sorted & in the new file, so only archive.org link still missing.

This finding, however, begs the question if other roles also had their own QT thread, perhaps the Ascetic Serial Killer. The problem here's that trentonlf was the mod and he's not been active here for a good while, AFAIK, and I'm not sure that getting in touch with the players themselves would yield any results.

2. In game #64, JoeSapphire was a Conditional Serial Killer, so perhaps check with ZFR (mod) if things were handled via PMs.

The rest's in order -- complete & correct.

flubbucket: ~ ping ~
Could our overlord, TheGOGfather, add the links to Game #73 and Game #74 to the list of post #4?
And perhaps update the hosting list too?

Thanks ahead.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: Just so we're all on the same page here (and that I understood what you asked in your post #7598) -- what I'm currently doing is:
(i) check if the QT links in column C are the correct ones for each game;
(ii) check if there were more/other QT threads that haven't made it into said column yet.

I have not checked/confirmed if any and all backup links are the correct ones for each game (I've only randomly checked a few to see if/how they work). For now, I assume that if the main QT links are correct, the rest were created based on them and hence are correct as well. I'll try to go back and do a check after I'm done with all games, but things would progress a lot faster if a couple of people could lend a hand (per columns (F, G and I) or all columns for x number of games?).

Now, I've gone through games up to #50 (included), and have the following (I'll shortly PM you about the corresponding file):
1. Game #25 had two mafia factions, so the list is missing the QT thread to the 2nd mafia-chat (post #2911); I've got it all sorted & everything's in the file, only the archive.org link still needed.

2. Game #43 had a SK who also had a QT thread; that's also sorted & in the file, and only archive.org link still missing.

3. In game #26, Sage103082 was a lone survivor with powers. There's no public QT, but it wouldn't hurt to check with the mod (Lifthrasil) if it was all done via PMs.

4. In game #28 flubbucket was an Arsonist; same as above, so check with mod (Vitek).

5. In game #29 Lifthrasil was a NEUTRAL VIGILANTE, essentially a limited-shot SK; same as above, so check with mod (yogsloth).

-- Mods should relatively easily check if they have extra threads on their QT walls --

6. Game #44 was hosted on MU, so logically it should have a scumchat thread on that site; perhaps ask yogsloth to check for completion's sake?

By my count, there are still another 30 games left to be checked for (i) and (ii). I'll try to get through them by tomorrow evening as I won't have much time afterwards (hence why it'd be swell if others could help with the rest).

I had checked the ones for the first 2-3 games. However -- I don't know what's up with those links, as today they work just fine. Not only that, but trying a couple of the red coloured ones, they also resolve fine and automatically to https.

Great, that ties in with what I said above in my "I have not checked/confirmed" paragraph. Just one question, to make sure I follow you -- are you also checking if they correspond to the QT links in column C/D, or only if they work?
What I have been doing is verifying that (at least the title, hopefully more, but a few times i have forgotten) the page reflected in Column D (Print Link) is what is backed up in columns G, I, & J, and that those links in columns G & J are functional.

Where I could verify that the backups worked and matched Column D, AND that they in fact corresponded to the game they are assigned to by row -- eg that what is labeled "Scumchat for game 28" (Row 60, columns D, G, & I) is in fact the scumchat for game 28-- I then marked it as "YES" in column H.
I have not (as yet) marked "YES" where the backups work & match column D but I haven't independently verified if Column D matches the game (Column A).

I intend to reupload all the "HTTP" in column K to HTTPS, just in case that someday creates issues with browsers not accepting HTTP etc. I temporarily moved all the HTTP links from Column J to the new Column K for this process.

2. I can make the archive.org link as soon as I know what that url is.

By my count, there are still another 30 games left to be checked for (i) and (ii). I'll try to get through them by tomorrow evening as I won't have much time afterwards (hence why it'd be swell if others could help with the rest).
Thankfully the last half of the games has tended to be more organized in terms of links containing the name of the game etc.

- I or others can verify that Columns C & D match. If they do, then (so far) all backup links that I have tested (columns G & I) so far match the game thread.

- So long as you have a google account, Pooka should be able to give you editing powers to the spreadsheet.

- I HAVE NOT checked ANY of the Google Drive files (Column F).

- I mainly used the print link (Column D) as the basis for my archive.org backups.

- I only assigned Chat Names (Column I) where the Print Link chat title was other than "Game X Scumchat"--this made it easier to add multiple QT tabs to multiple archive.org Wayback Machine tabs at once and verify that they had all copied.
- I still want to add the individual game official names to Column A

- To be very clear in case i muddled it above:

Great, that ties in with what I said above in my "I have not checked/confirmed" paragraph. Just one question, to make sure I follow you -- are you also checking if they correspond to the QT links in column C/D, or only if they work?
a) I am making sure that Columns G & J match Column D and that they work.
b) When I verify that and that they in fact match the game for which they are assigned, I am marking them as "YES".

c) maybe I should instead mark Column H as "YES/YES" when i verify that the links ("Yes/") work and match column D, with another ("/YES") that they are in fact the chats mentioned in the game (EG that Column D is the correct QT link for the various games. Thoughts?

Supposedly every white- or grey-background archive.org link worked before I changed the background from orange. At any rate, they should have resolved within an hour of posting.

HypersomniacLive: (i) check if the QT links in column C are the correct ones for each game.
(ii) check if there were more/other QT threads that haven't made it into said column yet.
please know I'm not trying to duplicate your work unnecessarily!! I really appreciate all that you and others have been doing!

I started at game 73 (and worked my way backwards) to check for your

(i) check if the QT links in column C are the correct ones for each game
--but only insofar as column D is concerned; I did not open column C.
I primarily checked this the easy way--if the QT said "observer chat for game XX", I assumed that that was the case. In those cases where the QT thread was numbered in the title I did not go to the game thread to verify the links.

I have NOT done any of this.
Post edited December 05, 2021 by Microfish_1
HypersomniacLive: 2. In game #64, JoeSapphire was a Conditional Serial Killer, so perhaps check with ZFR (mod) if things were handled via PMs.
I don't have a quicktopic for it. Perhaps another time I'll try scrolling back through my ZFfages to double check.
I verified that the QT Column D (PRINT) & backups Column G & J work for everywhere that has both archive.ph & archive.org (HTTPS) links

Added Column L in which I plan to note when i (or, ofc, others!) have verified that the print column (D) is the correct link from the game.
Post edited December 06, 2021 by Microfish_1
I resubmitted the 80 or so HTTP-only archive.org links and they are now HTTPS links.

I have checked all archive.ph & archive.org links--compared them with the print links (Column D).

I am happy to say that all of the (non-google drive) backup links (that are currently in) work and agree with each other and with Column D (Print Link).

I have not looked for missing quicktopics.

- My next goal is to make sure that the QT (and associated backups) are tied to the correct game (EG, Game 57's scumchat is in the rows for Game 57.)
- Often this can be done speedily by looking at the title of the QT: eg GOG Mafia #38 - The Waiting Room is (I think I can safely assume) the Observation thread for Game 38, as it is indeed listed/linked. (See also GOG Mafia #59: Observer thread (spoiler-free))
Dare I assume this is always the case? Or were there instances where the QT thread title said the wrong game?
Obviously this won't work for QTs such as Game 53's Toaster General Discussion; I would need to verify that the game thread actually contained those links.

-Again, I have not perused the various game threads to look for missing QTs

HypersomniacLive: Just so we're all on the same page here (and that I understood what you asked in your post #7598) -- what I'm currently doing is:

I have not checked/confirmed if any and all backup links are the correct ones for each game (I've only randomly checked a few to see if/how they work). For now, I assume that if the main QT links are correct, the rest were created based on them and hence are correct as well. I'll try to go back and do a check after I'm done with all games, but things would progress a lot faster if a couple of people could lend a hand (per columns (F, G and I) or all columns for x number of games?).
I have confirmed that all archive.ph & archive.org backup links match column D

I intend to next check for

As you have done through #50 for the above (i) (please correct me if I am wrong!), I will label games 1-50 as "yes" in Column L and backtrack from the bottom.
HypersomniacLive: Had a change of plans resulting to a bit more time today but even less time starting tomorrow, so finished the list. New findings:

1. In game #63, ZFR (Macho Town Cop) had his own QT thread (mid of post #833); all sorted & in the new file, so only archive.org link still missing.

This finding, however, begs the question if other roles also had their own QT thread, perhaps the Ascetic Serial Killer. The problem here's that trentonlf was the mod and he's not been active here for a good while, AFAIK, and I'm not sure that getting in touch with the players themselves would yield any results.

2. In game #64, JoeSapphire was a Conditional Serial Killer, so perhaps check with ZFR (mod) if things were handled via PMs.

The rest's in order -- complete & correct.

Could our overlord, TheGOGfather, add the links to Game #73 and Game #74 to the list of post #4?
And perhaps update the hosting list too?

Thanks ahead.
I just noticed this; Do you still want me to check the various rows to make sure everything on row XYZ is for that game?
Microfish_1: I just noticed this; [...]
Thank the universe! I took a quick look in here a bit earlier while working and saw all your posts to me, and was like "NO, you're going to do so much work that's already done, didn't you see my post #7614??" So, I came on to tell you, and spare you the time and trouble.

Microfish_1: [...] Do you still want me to check the various rows to make sure everything on row XYZ is for that game?
Real quick because I don't have a lot of time:

1. PookaMustard has added all the missing links, so what you should do first is to create the archive.org backups for them; I don't know if the new ones are marked in any way on the list (haven't checked the latest version of the spreadsheet yet) -- if not, you can use my previous posts as reference for which games are affected.

2. Since you've checked that columns G & J match column D, what's left is to check if column D matches column C. That should actually be quite easier and quicker to do as there's a pattern -- if the part after the 'base' QT url and before the "?o=" bit in the link of column D matches that of column C, then it should be safe to say that columns C & D are a match, and everything in that row is correct, for example game #74:
- First Scumchat
* Column C: [...]/53/H/iRVYfW8J6jdc
* Column D: [...]53/H/iRVYfW8J6jdc?o=[...]

See?

It's up to you, if you have the time and will, to check them more thoroughly by loading every link in columns C & D.

I got to run, will try to check again in here later this evening.
Also don't forget to check that each thread actually belongs to the game in question and not meant for another game or something. That's something a backup verification won't show easily, sadly.
HypersomniacLive: Thank the universe! I took a quick look in here a bit earlier while working and saw all your posts to me, and was like "NO, you're going to do so much work that's already done, didn't you see my post #7614??" So, I came on to tell you, and spare you the time and trouble.

Real quick because I don't have a lot of time:

1. PookaMustard has added all the missing links, so what you should do first is to create the archive.org backups for them; I don't know if the new ones are marked in any way on the list (haven't checked the latest version of the spreadsheet yet) -- if not, you can use my previous posts as reference for which games are affected.

2. Since you've checked that columns G & J match column D, what's left is to check if column D matches column C. That should actually be quite easier and quicker to do as there's a pattern -- if the part after the 'base' QT url and before the "?o=" bit in the link of column D matches that of column C, then it should be safe to say that columns C & D are a match, and everything in that row is correct, for example game #74:
- First Scumchat
* Column C: [...]/53/H/iRVYfW8J6jdc
* Column D: [...]53/H/iRVYfW8J6jdc?o=[...]

See?

It's up to you, if you have the time and will, to check them more thoroughly by loading every link in columns C & D.

I got to run, will try to check again in here later this evening.
Sure!
1. Is done afaik, Pooka sent me a dm with the specific missing links.

2. I will get on it in a few hours, i hope. definitely tonight if I can (12 hours from now)
PookaMustard: Also don't forget to check that each thread actually belongs to the game in question and not meant for another game or something. That's something a backup verification won't show easily, sadly.
yeah, this is mostly E-Z for the later games where it said "game X scumchat" etc, but does require more effort if there is no number.

But first to verify C & D match.
I heard back from Ixamyakxim, he confirmed that there was no observer/dead thread in game #22. I'm awaiting final confirmation that there was no scumchat either.

Microfish_1: Sure!
1. Is done afaik, Pooka sent me a dm with the specific missing links.

2. I will get on it in a few hours, i hope. definitely tonight if I can (12 hours from now) [...]
Great regarding (1), and cheers for (2).

PookaMustard: Also don't forget to check that each thread actually belongs to the game in question and not meant for another game or something. That's something a backup verification won't show easily, sadly.
Microfish_1: [...]
yeah, this is mostly E-Z for the later games where it said "game X scumchat" etc, but does require more effort if there is no number.

But first to verify C & D match.
I think we have a little miscommunication here which may lead to unnecessary double work, so I'll try to summarise things:

1. Columns of interest are: A, B, C, D, F, G and J.

2. I have checked that the links in column C correspond to the game and thread-titles in columns A & B. I've done this for all games, as per posts #7613 & #7614.

3. Microfish_1 has checked that the links in columns D, G & J match for all games, as per post #7618.

4. If Microfish_1 verifies that columns C & D match, then we've made sure that all columns except F are correct and everything in each row corresponds to the game they're assigned to.

5. Only thing that'd still need verification is column F -- the most important part here is that we actually have all the threads; as long as we have them all, any mismatches can be sorted later.

Are we all on the same page, or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

I'm heading to bed, will try and check tomorrow.
HypersomniacLive: I heard back from Ixamyakxim, he confirmed that there was no observer/dead thread in game #22. I'm awaiting final confirmation that there was no scumchat either.

Great regarding (1), and cheers for (2).

I think we have a little miscommunication here which may lead to unnecessary double work, so I'll try to summarise things:

1. Columns of interest are: A, B, C, D, F, G and J.

2. I have checked that the links in column C correspond to the game and thread-titles in columns A & B. I've done this for all games, as per posts #7613 & #7614.

3. Microfish_1 has checked that the links in columns D, G & J match for all games, as per post #7618.

4. If Microfish_1 verifies that columns C & D match, then we've made sure that all columns except F are correct and everything in each row corresponds to the game they're assigned to.

5. Only thing that'd still need verification is column F -- the most important part here is that we actually have all the threads; as long as we have them all, any mismatches can be sorted later.

Are we all on the same page, or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

I'm heading to bed, will try and check tomorrow.
Thank you! That helps me a lot! I really appreciate it.

4. I've gotta help clear the room and put up the Christmas tree tonight, but after 1 AM EST (+5 GMT) I should be available to cross-check columns C & D!

For my ease of use, I might swap Column H out with another column (M?) and use it to note when columns C & D match. if so, I'll update the column title, ofc. Maybe I'll only do this on my copy of the spreadsheet.

Thank you again so, so much for all your work hunting up QTs from in the game thread and verifying them, as well as finding out about missing QTs and hunting them down! As another user of the chart, I tremendously appreciate all your work! The chart would have been far less complete without it, and that would have been a big loss.
Also, I'm not sure I would have had the patience or the eyeballs to read all those threads looking for links if the roles had been reversed, so thank you very much for that!
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Microfish_1
Microfish_1: Also, I'm not sure I would have had the patience or the eyeballs to read all those threads looking for links if the roles had been reversed, so thank you very much for that!
I really hope that's not what was done. Appending ?search=quicktopic to the URL of a thread will return all posts containing the word quicktopic, _including_ in URLs!
gogtrial34987: I really hope that's not what was done. Appending ?search=quicktopic to the URL of a thread will return all posts containing the word quicktopic, _including_ in URLs!
That is news to me, and could be incredibly useful in the future (well, maybe not with QT, but with youtube etc), thank you!
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Microfish_1
gogtrial34987: I really hope that's not what was done. Appending ?search=quicktopic to the URL of a thread will return all posts containing the word quicktopic, _including_ in URLs!
That's a life-saving trick. I'll try using it when I'm bored! Thanks.
HypersomniacLive: 4. If Microfish_1 verifies that columns C & D match, then we've made sure that all columns except F are correct and everything in each row corresponds to the game they're assigned to.
Done!

When you have time, more MU links popped up for game 44. They are in Archive.org but not archive.ph.

----------

We (someone or someones) still need to go through the OneDrive links; I'll try to find time to spin through (at least some of) them.

There is a new column H, specifically for marking OneDrive file status; the 3 old Column H's have been moved to the end of the sheet (L through N)

---------------

Post-deadline:

In terms of formatting, at some point I'd love to include the names of the various games in column A (or a new Column B) or somewhere.

Several of us probably ought to copy the sheet and host (hopefully identical!) versions of it (set to share with--NOT "be edited by"!--everyone who has the link or whatever).

To avoid all this mess, we probably ought to think about updating this or a similar spreadsheet at the end of every game.