It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pookina: ...
I think you're next on the hosting list?
Hmmmm, hmmmm

I was expecting trent to go first, but now I have to get the setup up and running
Pookina: Hmmmm, hmmmm

I was expecting trent to go first, but now I have to get the setup up and running
Theme for the game?
Carradice: Theme for the game?
Highly likely to be Arabian (think monarchs in old-timey castles) but there is a whiff of technology to justify the first thing about the game's seutp:
- it will have a scum daychat
- it will be a closed setup

You will be a bunch of guards protecting some snakey as heck Queen. She'll be a lot like the Queen of Hearts. And the scum will be...rebel scum. Hee.
Pookina: Highly likely to be Arabian (think monarchs in old-timey castles) but there is a whiff of technology to justify the first thing about the game's seutp:

You will be a bunch of guards protecting some snakey as heck Queen. She'll be a lot like the Queen of Hearts. And the scum will be...rebel scum. Hee.
Oho!

Sounds great, can't wait.
Carradice: Theme for the game?
Pookina: Highly likely to be Arabian (think monarchs in old-timey castles) but there is a whiff of technology to justify the first thing about the game's seutp:

Interesting. Is there some influence from the recent sultan game that you played, perhaps? :) Also, Arabia + bodyguards brought to mind the idea of a Dune-themed game. Also the rebel scum brought to mind... The idea of a Lovecrattian/Call of Chtulhu game, with the players being members of a cult and the scum being... undercover heroes trying to bring the cult down. Of course, every lynch is a human sacrifice :3
So while we wait, another role idea I'd like to pick your brains about.

Guilty Child. Someone who is scum-confirmed by the mod, but cannot be lynched.

To win the game, Town must lynch his 2 (or more) buddies.

My concern is that, just like the Innocent Child, this role might be a bit boring for the player, so to make it interesting.

A) GC has to vote, and can't vote for no-lynch. Basically GC has to place a vote with his first post.

Variant A1) GC cannot change that vote later. This creates some WIFOM potential. Should the GC vote a Townie, thus help Town-read him, or vote a scum-buddy for the distancing?
Variant A1i) GC can change vote, but only X times per Day.
Variant A1ii) GC can change vote, but only X times per whole game.

B) Town has limited shot (preferably 1-shot) Vig. GC is limited shot (preferably 2-3 shot) Self-Doctor. This is public knowledge.

Vig has a decision to make. He can shoot the GC which guarantees getting scum. On the other hand this kill doesn't cause Mafia to lose a "life", since killing GC is not needed to win the game. On yet another hand, killing GC does give the benefit of him losing his vote, and of him not being able to do NKs (thus rendering Watcher ineffective, and allowing his buddies to use their abilites, if any). On yet another hand, there is a chance GC will be Self-Doctored that Night.

C) GC can once (or very limitedly) use the ability of any of his scumbuddies.

Thoughts?
Carradice: Interesting. Is there some influence from the recent sultan game that you played, perhaps? :)
Not...really.

You see, the original plan was to make the game take place in Sonic 06's Soleanna. But I didn't play enough of that game to get a better grasp of the setting, so I kept changing it a bit and a bit. I watched a movie depicting ye olde Egypt with some Arabian aesthetics and of course there was that snakey queen and the setting I wanted to go for has already been transformed.

The whole thing with "the scum are the good guys" are not new, as I did a game on Discord with the flavor being that the rebels to an extremely oppressive regime being the scum. Unfortunately I didn't do justice to that setting since ummm...I really love reading and writing dystopias, for some reason. Maybe it feeds my pessimism, maybe because the negative feedback loop is so nice. I dunno. It's not healthy, but I like it.
Carradice: The idea of a Lovecrattian/Call of Chtulhu game, with the players being members of a cult and the scum being... undercover heroes trying to bring the cult down. Of course, every lynch is a human sacrifice :3
Can Carradice be added to the hosting list?
So like the theories on Aladdin on the chan sites? :)

(The theory that it's actually in the future)

Pookina: - it will have a scum daychat
If we can i'd like a discord in addition to the normal chats(for observers and scum).
GameRager: So like the theories on Aladdin on the chan sites? :)

(The theory that it's actually in the future)
Not...exactly. Soleanna had an old timey kingdom town with old buildings, and this was right next to a new town full of modern architecture and a screen selling you stuff. Think of it as something like that.

GameRager: If we can i'd like a discord in addition to the normal chats(for observers and scum).
Depends on the scumteam, though. They'll likely use QT, but if they wish to use Discord, fine by me.
ZFR: Thoughts?
Sounds good if you can pull it off well. :)
Pookina: Not...exactly. Soleanna had an old timey kingdom town with old buildings, and this was right next to a new town full of modern architecture and a screen selling you stuff. Think of it as something like that.
I meant that it sounded like those theories a bit. :)

Pookina: Depends on the scumteam, though. They'll likely use QT, but if they wish to use Discord, fine by me.
I meant more for casual chat(QT for the main chat and discord for casual stuff, etc)....but sounds good.
Carradice: The idea of a Lovecrattian/Call of Chtulhu game, with the players being members of a cult and the scum being... undercover heroes trying to bring the cult down. Of course, every lynch is a human sacrifice :3
JoeSapphire: Can Carradice be added to the hosting list?
You have to call the GOGfather using Matt Berry.
I doubt I'll ever have the time to run a game, but I've been thinking about a concept for a pretty chaotic game that should raise the stakes for all players, with my thinking bending this way due to having been lovers with Joe in Arstotzkan and compulsive visitor in Stanley Hotel:

----
Worshipper (Alternative name: Idolizer?)
Worshipping a fellow player is a 1-shot night action, which is functionally equivalent to visiting them (can be watched/tracked, but the target isn't informed).
After you've worshipped a fellow player, if that player dies, you do too (so one-sided lovers). (Balancing question: Does that include the player being NKed in the same night as you're worshipping? Or would that cause the worship action to fail without the shot being used? I think the latter.)

Now here's the kicker:
If you're killed D1 or N1, you win or lose according to your faction as always.
If you survive to D2, you can only win with your faction if you've worshipped a fellow player.
From D2 onward, if you die before having worshipped a fellow player, you lose.
If your faction achieves its win condition before you have worshipped a fellow player, you lose.
If your faction achieves its win condition after you have worshipped a fellow player, you win as usual, also if you're dead.
----

I envision a game with everyone (or only non-PR players?), both town and scum, being worshippers, and there being several trackers/watchers, both town and scum.

What's optimal play for everyone? Worship as late as possible, but not too late, which should create interesting dynamics! I think particularly scum decisions for who to worship would be interesting. If they worship each other, they take away bussing opportunities. If they worship an agreed upon townie, their lack of voting for that player might stand out in wagon analysis. Then again, wagon analysis would be harder, due to ever more players not wanting to lynch a specific other player. Scum will be analyzing that just as hard, trying to find frequently worshiped players, where a single NK could take out many townies in one fell swoop.

Balancing this might be hard. The risk of worship chains toppling over sounds amazing.

Anyone wanting to take the concept and run with it: please do so, and reserve me a seat!
Post edited May 29, 2020 by gogtrial34987