It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: ...
Hey Yogs. I have a request for a replacement and I'm kind of out of substitutes right now. Can you please find the time to jump in?

-----------------------------------------------------

This goes of course as well to everyone else who is reading this and hasn't access to the Observer thread yet. Whoever answers first agreeing to enter, gets the spot in the game.
Post edited April 05, 2020 by Lifthrasil
SirPrimalform: Bump please!
bumped.
Sorry for elbowing you.
bump plz
Bookwyrm627: it might be Lissa in a Thingieman suit in a Yog suit.
Pretty much exactly this... although really more Thingy in a Lissa suit in yog suit

Keep in mind that most people participating won't be from communities with volumes that high, and there actually isn't really the expectation that you actually read every single post. It's definitely different, though!

If you really enjoy mafia, I *highly* recommend this simply as an experience. It's crazy, it's fun, it's totally overwhelming on purpose, and it's definitely something to remember. I hope somebody wants to take a chance on it! I'm not eligible since I entered last year, so one a youse has to do it! :)

SirPrimalform: What's the point of a mod that doesn't occasionally need correcting by the players?
GameRager: It'd be less a PITA, for starters.....I mean I see that enough on other sites(YT/etc)....as in how "good" automated systems are. ;D
And let me tell you, if you've never used the MU software, it is an absolute dream come true.

The entire forum software was built from the ground up, 100% custom, specifically and exclusively designed for playing forum mafia. Once you use their software... it's a challenge trying to play without it!
Post edited April 06, 2020 by yogsloth
yogsloth: If you really enjoy mafia, I *highly* recommend this simply as an experience.
If no one else takes it, I'll try it out for the experience.
yogsloth: - Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
What does this mean? D2 onwards simple majority lynches when Day ends? But then what about the second part of the sentence?
Post edited April 06, 2020 by ZFR
Bookwyrm627: it might be Lissa in a Thingieman suit in a Yog suit.
yogsloth: Pretty much exactly this... although really more Thingy in a Lissa suit in yog suit

Keep in mind that most people participating won't be from communities with volumes that high, and there actually isn't really the expectation that you actually read every single post. It's definitely different, though!

If you really enjoy mafia, I *highly* recommend this simply as an experience. It's crazy, it's fun, it's totally overwhelming on purpose, and it's definitely something to remember. I hope somebody wants to take a chance on it! I'm not eligible since I entered last year, so one a youse has to do it! :)

GameRager: It'd be less a PITA, for starters.....I mean I see that enough on other sites(YT/etc)....as in how "good" automated systems are. ;D
yogsloth: And let me tell you, if you've never used the MU software, it is an absolute dream come true.

The entire forum software was built from the ground up, 100% custom, specifically and exclusively designed for playing forum mafia. Once you use their software... it's a challenge trying to play without it!
If ZFR wants to go I’ll be his backup, and if he would prefer to wait a year or two he can be my backup.
trentonlf: If ZFR wants to go I’ll be his backup, and if he would prefer to wait a year or two he can be my backup.
I'll take the backup, please.
trentonlf: If ZFR wants to go I’ll be his backup, and if he would prefer to wait a year or two he can be my backup.
wooo! Go show em what we're made of noble champion!

Don't forget to nolynch day one, spend most of the game rolefishing and telling yourself off for rolefishing and turn out to have a ridiculous role in a shock twist that pisses everybody off.

To give them the true spirit of gog!
yogsloth: If you really enjoy mafia, I *highly* recommend this simply as an experience.
ZFR: If no one else takes it, I'll try it out for the experience.
yogsloth: - Majority lynch is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point in order to lynch.
ZFR: What does this mean? D2 onwards simple majority lynches when Day ends? But then what about the second part of the sentence?
If I recall, from D2 on:
a) if majority is reached, day ends when the L-0 vote is cast as it would here, not that we ever vote before the last possible minute unless yogs has already confessed to it. ;)
b) if no majority is reached, day ends at time and longest train is lynched. I don't recall how ties are handled.
GameRager: Lol at mafia championships.....imo that's taking it a bit too serious(I feel the same with e-"sports" as well, tbh). That said, I thought i'd comment a bit on these bits:

yogsloth: Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game.
GameRager: Wot? Who has the time for that amount of reading?

yogsloth: The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).
GameRager: Automated mods? Sounds "fun"(i.e. a bit too impersonal for my tastes)
Funny thing, I saw this post and I was "Oh no, GameRager edited a post. I guess Lift is going to have a word with him now..." :)

bler144: If I recall, from D2 on:
a) if majority is reached, day ends when the L-0 vote is cast as it would here, not that we ever vote before the last possible minute unless yogs has already confessed to it. ;)
b) if no majority is reached, day ends at time and longest train is lynched. I don't recall how ties are handled.
According to Yog's post:

- Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.
Post edited April 07, 2020 by joppo
ooooh trent, looks like it mights be you! I'm excited! You'll have a blast and be an excellent representative, and ZFR as backup is another excellent choice!!! GOG will be well-represented.

And @ZFR, what it means for this particular game:

Day 1, lynch will not be determined until the timer runs out. If majority is lynched, the Day will continue.

Day 2+, lynch is achieved automatically when majority is reached (like we do it here, except that the software itself will automatically lock the thread and give the flip the instant majority is acheived). If no majority is reached, when the timer runs out, the lead wagon will be lynched. In case of a tie, the system will choose a lucky winner at random.

Note: if the gamestate reaches LYLO, votes are locked - meaning you get one shot. You make your vote and then the system locks you out from changing it.
yogsloth: ooooh trent, looks like it mights be you! I'm excited! You'll have a blast and be an excellent representative, and ZFR as backup is another excellent choice!!! GOG will be well-represented.

And @ZFR, what it means for this particular game:

Day 1, lynch will not be determined until the timer runs out. If majority is lynched, the Day will continue.

Day 2+, lynch is achieved automatically when majority is reached (like we do it here, except that the software itself will automatically lock the thread and give the flip the instant majority is acheived). If no majority is reached, when the timer runs out, the lead wagon will be lynched. In case of a tie, the system will choose a lucky winner at random.

Note: if the gamestate reaches LYLO, votes are locked - meaning you get one shot. You make your vote and then the system locks you out from changing it.
Thanks yogs, it'll be fun. I'm still registered at MU so I'll hop over and make sure things are still working properly for me.
Post edited April 07, 2020 by trentonlf
er, bump please?
Request for a good old bump.
I need to make a bio for the MU game:

NATIONALITY: [...]
STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): [...]
HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: [...]

BIO:
[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the many spectating communities.]

Is there anything anyone wants to add from the part I highlighted?