It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: FINE! THERE WERE DAY-VIGS ALL OVER THE PLACE! *sobs in the corner*

(also, I didn't watch most of Oakwood after my N1 demise. I had...difficulties)
Brasas: I apologize. Wolf hug :D
I've already got one!

(I told him I've already got one ;D )
Brasas: [...] Wolf hug :D
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added ]

You had (almost?) all of us convinced that you were scum in the MU Champs game...

Fingers crossed you advance.
What the eye said.

Thanks for representing us, it was fun to watch!

@Lift - thanks for volunteering to sub

I'll send you both a link to the chat.
Post edited June 29, 2018 by cristigale
Brasas: I apologize. Wolf hug :D
Bookwyrm627: I've already got one!

I see what you did there! +1
Bookwyrm627: I've already got one!

51nikopol: I see what you did there! +1
:D

Also, Brasas should know. He's the one that gave me that first wolf hug!
cristigale: What the eye said.
Thanks!
Post edited June 29, 2018 by Bookwyrm627
Thanks peeps, it really was an honor (and a manic rollercoaster)

I went in not really sure what I was going to do, nor why I had jumped in, and came out transformed. I might share some more in the future as things settle more into normalcy - for just one example, I came out to my wife and it looks like chicks dig honesty. Meaning, it's all good. Still have a busy period ahead of me and want to continue to catch up on sleep.

I am super conflicted on just the possibility of advancing tbh - I'd both love it and hate it. A nice retirement sounds more dignified. Overall, it's just much more fun to play with people you know, and yet you see how little I manage to do that with you all

I'll continue to lurk and come around if I need some group therapy (hehehe), certainly I'm curious at all the new old faces... where did they all come from? It was very satisfying to see it while I was in the game. And I get pings of recognition, without actually remembering. It's odd.

You might have noticed I have trouble expressing myself directly. The thoughts go round and round and come out into words kinda jumbled and with missing steps. And only eventually they cristalize - it takes effort and iteration. I think all the above comes to this:
1 - I really like playing with all of you, you are lovely people and I guess until now you had no idea how much you've helped me grow and find myself
2 - I truly wanted to do my best to represent us all, and it does not really matter (to me at least) if my best is Champs level or not.
3 - I am sorry that I have so little time and forget so much, and so many. And also how reserved I am. That's all on me, and I have some ideas why. Didn't manage to dive that deep though. Maybe next time.

PS: I did tell you Oakwood was my town play ;) it's just that I'm not "all in" most of the time.
Brasas: Thanks peeps, it really was an honor (and a manic rollercoaster) [...]
You did us proud, hope it was a little bit fun for you, it sure was super fun for us observers.

cristigale: ~ ping ~
Curious, is the voting phase always this whiny?
Post edited July 02, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
cristigale: ~ ping ~
HypersomniacLive: Curious, is the voting phase always this whiny?
Generally speaking, no. But in the couple of years I've watched, there are a few games each year where someone(s) raises a scene.
Post edited July 02, 2018 by cristigale
cristigale: Generally speaking, no. But in the couple of years I've watched, there are a few games each year where someone(s) raises a scene.
Cheers, I had never followed the voting phase before, just looked at the final results; wish I had done the same this year.
Brasas: Thanks peeps, it really was an honor (and a manic rollercoaster) [...]
HypersomniacLive: You did us proud, hope it was a little bit fun for you, it sure was super fun for us observers.
Started normal, early middle was like sinking in quicksand, the late middle of it was fun in a "town lolcatting" way :) and would have been more fun if I wasn't so gosh darn sleep deprived.
By the end it was more duty keeping me around, Ninja's flip in particular affected me I think.

It's like... someone in observer thread said something about performance art or cry for help. Truth is probably a bit of both, but with nuance. The performance art was of course sourced in real, amped up, insights / feelings (and you can imagine how pleased I was thinking that you guys knew about ZFR's play in the Secret Hitler game and how that would be screwing your expectations). The cry for help was introspective and I honestly only realized that motivation to challenge myself while already in the game.

Won't bore you with personal details, but will add on the "cry for help" that this was first time I actually felt / experienced how difficult it is to try and lead such a divided group. Usually - by which I mean professionally or in family contexts - I just cynically shrug it off, or lean on individualized approaches (rather impossible in this case since I lacked the knowledge of the characters + some of them changed in the middle). Also in such contexts there is normally not a manipulative "devilish" will, just a lot of clashing egos.

Overall, I was not really in it for fun. For fun I'd stick to IRL games or playing here with you all :)

HypersomniacLive: Curious, is the voting phase always this whiny?
cristigale: Generally speaking, no. But in the couple of years I've watched, there are a few games each year where someone(s) raises a scene.
Good to know. Some of the vibes I got from that place were super toxic, to use the modern lingo. In fairness it's the familiar "neutral platform" conceit that other content providers like Youtube or... the internet in general actually... also leverage. Wash hands off from individual behavior while incentivising said behavior. It's a topic I am conflicted on, the paternalism (protective care, compromised growth, dissolution in the group and belonging) vs emancipation (abdication of responsibility, declaring independence, individual growth and reinvention) conflict touches on too much from religion to politics to parenthood. Which come to think of it, is another insight into my "mid-life crisis": becoming a parent is making me re-evaluate / compromise deeply help values and principles, which have guided me in life so far.

Going to process this now. :)
The hosting queue is empty. Please send a PM if you're interested in hosting a game here.
TheGOGfather: The hosting queue is empty. Please send a PM if you're interested in hosting a game here.
BUT WHO ARE YOU?
I suppose I should put myself in there.
Vitek: I suppose I should put myself in there.
Sorry, you are too handsome to be put in there. We can't risk that.
Awww, schmuck.
Well, after visiting Pompeji and climbing Mount Vesuvio today I completed the 'Original Naples Experience'. I got robbed. Apparently that's part of the culture here, stealing from Tourists. At least no one was surprised and I wasn't the only one in the small police station reporting theft.

Turns out actually being in a city of the Mafia (and petty thieves) is not half as fun as playing Mafia!