It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

By the way, did I tell you all to BUY MAH BUNDLE!

I know we have a lot of Foo Fighters fans here in the Mafia group, and if you love the Foos...

...you will probably really fucking hate this.
yogsloth: By the way, did I tell you all to BUY MAH BUNDLE!

I know we have a lot of Foo Fighters fans here in the Mafia group, and if you love the Foos...

I started reading this and was like "Fucking Foo Fighters? Yogsloth likes Foo Fighters? WTF?"

funny man, man!
yogsloth: I know we have a lot of Foo Fighters fans here in the Mafia group, and if you love the Foos...

I think you'd be surprised at the breadth of my musical taste... admittedly you'd probably still hate most of it, but I'm not opposed to some metal...

You should try listening to Probot, if you haven't before (it's Dave's metal side project featuring a variety of singers from metal bands), can't say it was really my thing but it's probably more your taste than the Foos.
adaliabooks: You should try listening to Probot, if you haven't before (it's Dave's metal side project featuring a variety of singers from metal bands), can't say it was really my thing but it's probably more your taste than the Foos.
Yeah, I have it. Couldn't really get into it. Not bad... just not very tuneful.
adaliabooks: You should try listening to Probot, if you haven't before (it's Dave's metal side project featuring a variety of singers from metal bands), can't say it was really my thing but it's probably more your taste than the Foos.
yogsloth: Yeah, I have it. Couldn't really get into it. Not bad... just not very tuneful.
Tuneful, you say?

I've probably asked you this before, but have you listened to much scandy metal or gothic/viking folk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiRaUjqrJxE

Also, uh...something something forum mafia.
bler144: Also, uh...something something forum mafia.
Whoa! Don't bring that stuff in here. This is the Metal thread.

Just look at the OP:
TheGOGfather: The GOGHammer Festival - Non-metal Mafia Win
bler144: I've probably asked you this before, but have you listened to much scandy metal or gothic/viking folk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiRaUjqrJxE

Also, uh...something something forum mafia.
That was atrocious. WHOOOOOOOOOOOONK WHONK WHONK WHONK WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

Just because you hire a drummer and a guitar player to add some minimalist background to your repetitive trumpet skwonking doesn't make you metal anything. I protest.

This is the greatest metal/folk/polka album ever recorded. Period. This record makes me want to jump around the room headbanging and grabbing boot-beers from Bavarian wenches.
have you seen this awesomeness ?!
drealmer7: have you seen this awesomeness ?!
Oh yeah, those guys are awesome. Their "Thunderstruck" cover is just as top-shelf as it gets.
yogsloth: That was atrocious. WHOOOOOOOOOOOONK WHONK WHONK WHONK WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK
That was in the viking folk category - so I thought it was likely to be hit/miss with you. Personally I vastly prefer other bands like Garmarna or Hedningarna over HD, but thought there was a slim chance you might take to that.

I didn't have any scandy metal bands at the top of my head but I have a few friends who listen to them.
drealmer7: have you seen this awesomeness ?!
yogsloth: Oh yeah, those guys are awesome. Their "Thunderstruck" cover is just as top-shelf as it gets.
I'd seen thunderstruck but hadn't heard their version of Seek and Destroy until just now.

Pretty funny.
Post edited May 26, 2016 by bler144
yogsloth: Oh yeah, those guys are awesome. Their "Thunderstruck" cover is just as top-shelf as it gets.
I like that a lot too, but I think The Trooper is their best that I've seen, in my view (: It's also just a better song than Thunderstruck all around

Seek and Destroy is a lot of fun too, most of their stuff is a lot of fun!
My intention:

To have fun and to help others have fun whilst playing forum mafia. I like bringing a unique, unpredictable, enjoyable, amusing element to the games I play, and want to have a good time playing with you all and have you all enjoy playing with me. I also want to play well, work together figuring things out, make contributions that are worthwhile, and it'd also be nice to improve my mafia skills.

When I play and am Town, my goal is to help town. Everything I do is in an effort to contribute and us all as a group figure out what is what and make the best decisions. I do read and listen to everything everyone says, I don't mean to just bully my ideas forth and not listen. It's hard to recognize when someone is listening during forum mafia, be assured I am. I am also thinking about everything (mafia is in my head when I'm doing other things!) and trying to consider all the things. I think that is why I end up repeating myself a lot too, because I read what people have said about things, ponder them a while, and then am still finding things I said previously to be more likely. Again, I will work on repeating myself and shortening my WOTs for everyone's sake!

I never mean to play a scummy-town style (that is, a Town player that appears like they are covering for/establishing a playstyle that even when they are Town they play in anti-town/scummy ways even though it is against helping Town so that when they roll Mafia in other games they get excused for certain behaviors that serve them when mafia. I see this in players here and don't like it much, lurking is a good example.) I find playing that way kind of not-cool, but understand it is going to happen and just try to note where it is and move on. If it is offensive enough, it is vote-worthy/lynch-able and, again, we should simply state those times we find someone playing anti-town enough that they are vote-worthy and vote them and encourage others to do the same.

I never intend to play in a scummy way as town so I can be excused for it in future games, so if it seems I am, call me on it during the game, please!

I also want to help uphold the integrity of the game. Yes there is a moderator, but it is also the players' responsibilities to make sure everyone's, especially the moderator's, time and efforts aren't wasted by other players. A4plz being Evil the last game is a perfect example of player power. The couple posts I made criticizing a4plz were specifically denoted "if you are scum, this simply doesn't apply to you," and we should have taken it into our own hands as players and should have voted her to be the lynch long before she was able to hammer HijacK.

And then to have let her live beyond that, again, that is our bad play, regardless of anything about her then quitting and what was to be done about that, we should have been kill kill killing her. We deserve getting RW as a replacement and smearing us for not just eliminating the extreme anti-town continuous play from a player.

New players are fresh meat. Foolish to do otherwise. They need to learn how the game can be anyway, there is no training session. If new players feel the need for a training session, they need to observe a game or 2 and get explained the things by a moderator or something.

We should also as a community and each moderator there is a new player in the signup threads in, make sure new players know what to expect and how certain things are seen as scummy BEFORE they start playing (like asking for claims or whatever), and then if they are that way during the play, they do not get a D1 pass for playing scummy even if they pretend it is because they are a noob (or not pretending)!

I know the goal is to have fun and welcome others to having fun, but there is a line of what is bad Town play and good, warm, welcoming, friendly community. It's not a game for coddling.

hmm, there might be more but I need to go make some burgers! 1/2lb.-ers!

Let's all have fun going forward, I will try my best to facilitate that too!
drealmer7: I will work on shortening my WOTs for everyone's sake!
Starting....wait for it...

...wait for it...
...wait for it...

Ok, in the spirit of post-war reconciliation I should probably resolve to heckle drealmer less.

It is pretty fun though. ;)
bler144: ...wait for it...

Ok, in the spirit of post-war reconciliation I should probably resolve to heckle drealmer less.

It is pretty fun though. ;)
Oh, come on. Just because you're the Mafia player, you get to do all the Drealmer-heckling? Leave some of the good jokes for me, ya heckle-hog!