It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: I don't think they are repeating their scum battle performance from last game on D1.

So: unvote drealmer

sorry for flip-flopping so much on drealmer. But as I said, he really makes me insecure. And I have no clue at the moment where to put my vote now. Gamma, adalia and Hunter all seem scummy to me. But I don't know who of them is most likely to be scum at the moment.
Just a reminder, it's impossible that this a repeat of last game as the two can't be paired.

I can see where you are coming from with drealmer, but if you think we're going to end up lynching him anyway isn't it better to do so now when it does the least harm if he is town then latter in the game when a mislynch could mean we lose?

That's part of the reason I would happily vote Gamma, because if he does flip scum at least we know drealmer is town and can safely remove him from consideration. Of course that's only really valuable if Gamma IS scum, and while I think it may be possible I wouldn't say I think the odds are any more than 50 / 50

@Hyper
I would say Hunter has said the least of everyone so far, ok, he has had some interactions and reactions from people (more so now) but his lynch leaves us less to analyze then the other possible candidates. Then again... Maybe that's not such a bad thing....
@Hyper Welp, my contribution can be seen by everyone afaik I set all my posts to public. Let me recheck . . . . Yep Definitely public. Also why would I "pretend to be scum" to catch scum in a game where scum has day chat? (More coordination, better strategies about when to push if you still don't get what I'm saying) RW misrepresented me (non-contentious is exactly opposite of what I've been, I've raised points against what people said and took stances and I don't even know what floating means) which is scummy IMO which would've been clear if town was actually interested in or competent enough to win rather than measuring word count of each player to determine their townieness.

@trent How does it feel to make losing choices game after game? (Assuming you're town of course)

@all Do your endless walls of text save you from erring? Do they make your theories more effective somehow? I observe more than I post, if that is scummy then wouldn't scum be entirely focussed on posting endless walls of text like you all do?
Lynch me if you want to, I couldn't care less to be honest given how everyone's ignoring what's right in front of them.
Hunter65536: @all Do your endless walls of text save you from erring? Do they make your theories more effective somehow? I observe more than I post, if that is scummy then wouldn't scum be entirely focussed on posting endless walls of text like you all do?
Lynch me if you want to, I couldn't care less to be honest given how everyone's ignoring what's right in front of them.
You could at least attempt to explain what we're missing.

As far as I can tell your vote on RWarehall is almost entirely OMGUS. He called you out for being floaty and non-contentious and you responded with a vote saying that post was shit and RWarehall must be scum.

I don't really buy RWarehall as scum right now, for two main reasons; me and drealmer. As scum RWarehall has often jumped on any of my mistakes or errors (like Hyper does, but with malicious intent) and twisted it into an issue until he can get me lynched. I'm fairly sure he has done the same with drealmer, or at least with other players, in the past.
So the fact that he writes us both off as town with not even an effort to push a lynch on either of us suggests to me this is town RWarehall.
And while you might argue that me and him are buddies, or him and drealmer are, we can't all three be buddies so the point still stands.

So change my mind, because right now you look a bit like you're flailing scum trying to shift attention away from yourself due to sudden heat.

Let's up the pressure just a little.

unvote drealmer7
vote Hunter65536
Shifting attention away from myself by actually being in the thread, wow do you think I'm brain damaged? Also I did refute his claims into hat post which you would see if you went being the me calling post shit part and asked whichever part you were having trouble getting.
Here I'll spell it out for you
A. I was not floating because I was actuaply participating as opposed to reporting my findings of running some shitty statistical simulation
B. I was not non-contentious as I did call out people when they made false assumptions or mistaken ones like the HSL pick reveal times on which I referred to in my previous post as well
C. How can I be both reactionary and non-contentious? Rw claims I was both which is honestly baffling to me, if I was non contentious then I would've laid low right now and if I was reactionary then I wouldn't be non-contentious

Is that helpful or do I have to explain like you're 5?
Hunter65536: @trent How does it feel to make losing choices game after game? (Assuming you're town of course)
I don't think I've been making losing choices game after game. I've been wrong about some people and right about others. I have not always followed my gut when I should have and it's caused me to make the wrong decision, and I'm trying to avoid doing the same thing again.

Your initial reaction to RW feels off to me. Tell me why didn't you provide reasoning for your vote on RW after he called you out for floating? Your first response was to accuse RW of being scum for suspecting you with no other reasoning to your vote, that is very scummy IMO.
Hunter65536: Shifting attention away from myself by actually being in the thread, wow do you think I'm brain damaged? Also I did refute his claims into hat post which you would see if you went being the me calling post shit part and asked whichever part you were having trouble getting.
Here I'll spell it out for you
A. I was not floating because I was actuaply participating as opposed to reporting my findings of running some shitty statistical simulation
B. I was not non-contentious as I did call out people when they made false assumptions or mistaken ones like the HSL pick reveal times on which I referred to in my previous post as well
C. How can I be both reactionary and non-contentious? Rw claims I was both which is honestly baffling to me, if I was non contentious then I would've laid low right now and if I was reactionary then I wouldn't be non-contentious

Is that helpful or do I have to explain like you're 5?
No, shifting attention away from yourself by trying to suggest RWarehall is scummy for suggesting you might be scum.

Eh... no. You didn't refute anything. You called his post reactionary, you didn't make any attempt to justify your own posts as non reactionary.

Having just reread you (it only took five minutes) you haven't really contributed all that much.
So you did one thing. Which contradicted what you had said the day before:

Hunter65536: I think scumhunting must start from those who have named repeated pairs, clear them on a case by case basis and that should get us something. Will do so after I wake up but I feel this is the right direction to go.
Where you had already set up Hyper and anyone else who picked repeated pairs to possibly be scum (which conveniently excluded yourself from the pool).

You also later gave me credit for originally suggesting sharing picks, which does subtly make you look better for sharing second. In fact it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you did what I accused trent of doing and jumped in early to make yourself look better.

But your frustration and anger is really helpful, making me think RWarehall may have hit right here.
Mein friend adalia, let's make this simple and fun. Take a hammer, write post 83 on it and bash yourself on head till you can prove how I was framing HSL in that post for duplicate picks. I can only hope you're scum and not come out even more retarded as a result of this exercise.
Hunter65536: Mein friend adalia, let's make this simple and fun. Take a hammer, write post 83 on it and bash yourself on head till you can prove how I was framing HSL in that post for duplicate picks. I can only hope you're scum and not come out even more retarded as a result of this exercise.
You weren't, you had set him up to be framed in a previous post (I linked it in the last page so you can find it).
But in the time between that post and the next you probably decided that pocketing Hyper would be a better move so you defended him.
If Gamma is your buddy there might even be an element of distancing since I believe it was him you were replying to when you defended Hyper.

*shrugs*

But that's just one way of looking at it certainly.
Hunter65536: Mein friend adalia, let's make this simple and fun. Take a hammer, write post 83 on it and bash yourself on head till you can prove how I was framing HSL in that post for duplicate picks. I can only hope you're scum and not come out even more retarded as a result of this exercise.
adaliabooks: You weren't, you had set him up to be framed in a previous post (I linked it in the last page so you can find it).
But in the time between that post and the next you probably decided that pocketing Hyper would be a better move so you defended him.
If Gamma is your buddy there might even be an element of distancing since I believe it was him you were replying to when you defended Hyper.

*shrugs*

But that's just one way of looking at it certainly.
guess it is considering how I made post 83 just after you stated how I wanted to frame HSL, actually that's not the case is it?
@trent so me explaining it in later post makes me more scummier than actual liar(s) and you wonder how your choices go wrong.
Big mystery I'd say. /s
So, some new things to consider. adalia actually made some good points and made me think.
1. why wasn't there an even stronger push on drealmer? If he is town, he would be an easy mislynch for scum to push. So is he scum and therefore scum didn't push? Or was one scum already on the wagon and the second didn't vote to conserve the distance to his buddy and the possibility to hammer? That would make adalia scum. So again an either or situation for me. Either adalia or drealmer seem to be scum from this view.

2. Perhaps we should also consider, what we gain if one of our suspects flips scum. Hunter would yield the most exclusions. IF he is scum. Gamma and drealmer exclude each other. So if one flips scum, the other is cleared, which would reduce my suspect pool significantly. Adalia would yield the least exclusions - which is possibly the exact reason he brought this point up, to remind us that lynching Hunter is much more 'lucrative' than lynching adalia himself.

3. However, Hunter's aggressive reaction to being put under pressure is atypical and really makes him look scummy. Especially since he berated drealmer in the past for this exact kind of behaviour. Actually the only thing keeping me from voting Hunter now is, that it is adalia who is pushing the lynch at the moment. And adalia is still one of my suspects. After all, combined with the above, one reasonable seeming model would be: adalia is scum, tries to push a drealmer wagon, knowing that drealmer traditionally is one of the easier mis-lynches. Now, after the drealmer train stalled - and the pressure on Hunter started rising - he switches trains and tries to push Hunter.

Hmm. drealmer or adalia? drealmer or Gamma? adalia or Hunter? Hunter or RWarehall? (These are the pairings where I had the impression 'One of these two is probably scum')

Questions to all of you:
I) Corresponding to point 1. above, do you think drealmer is town?
II) What are your thoughts about the latest Hunter/Adalia exchange?
Lifthrasil: I'm back. Didn't read everything yet, but this sticks out:

Hunter65536: Vote RW
Haha got ya now scum, can't escape me now
Lifthrasil: Hunter? If you have a 'got you' epiphany, please explain. If you really have something telling on RW, share it with the rest of the players! But if you don't have something solid, your post really looks strange.
ummm, you do realize (yes, of course you do), you have to give it time to develop, right? (yes of course you do) - for RW and hunter to have some back and forth about it. Hunter knows what he's doing well enough to know he's going to have to back that up at some point and you making a post like this kind of takes any "oompf" out of it that may have stirred RW to respond in a way that allowed them to get into it more. Like you absorbed a blow for RW.

trentonlf: RW has been laying back and observing how everyone one is behaving and questioning what he finds off, for me I find this to be the town RW. From what I've seen of him as scum he is more active and pushy in his play. Not an overly pushy, but he pushes someone into making mistakes that he can exploit and it doesn't feel like he is doing that now. What is your opinion of his play so far?
gogtrial34987: I started off seeing him as relatively towny, but on a reread didn't really get that feeling so strongly anymore, other than for a strong push on Gamma which seemed to echo my own thoughts. (But now I think that this behaviour could also make sense from scum sensing an easy mislynch-target.) I don't like how absent he became after the Gamma vote, with his few posts being just as "reactionary" as he's accusing Hunter of being - until that push on Hunter.
But y'know, I'm not seeing anything from him I'd classify as likely scum, either. It's all neutral-to-town, but too possible to be seen differently. Don't have a good enough mental model for his way of playing, so can read his posts both ways. Your reaction helps with that, so thanks.
I agree here, and would remind you, gogtrial, that RW has no problem emulating what town would do and sound like as scum, you've gotta try and get a taste of if it is genuine or fabricated, which is more doable the more he posts, and he is not posting much and seems to me, as I said, likely to be trying to stay out of the spotlight (it's not like he's a PR who is trying to lay low on D1 to not over-town it early, he should be going at it harder) and let the lynch fall wherever, and be fine with it no matter where it falls.

trentonlf: ...Up to this point drealmer has been my top pick because of how he's been behaving,
this is way general, I have been "behaving" a few different ways, depending on what has gone on, so, which specific behavior? the behavior where I get frustrated with being misunderstood and the behavior where I get scummy tones and motivations in things from ppl and explain them and ppl think I'm being attacking? don't those happen often enough for me?

the hop seems like it could be just a convenient hop-on-early to a different wagon that seems like it might have potential after it seems mine's not going anywhere

HypersomniacLive: What do you make of Hunter65536's reaction and explanation of it?
meh, a little lacking just like the rest of his posting(I agree with what you say about the simplisticness of it, but not sure if it was just a "weak pitch" anyway to see how it was swung at, could be town, could have hoped it would generate more) but I think RW's reaction was debuffed by Lifthrasil's devaluing of hunter's method before RW had a chance to respond, put in the "air" kind of that "oh there's nothing to that" so RW didn't have to have a full reaction to it himself (even if the reaction would have been a similar brush-off, it would have been more telling if it had been left alone)

certainly not pleased with hunter's participation today, and gogtrial and gamma need to be giving a bit more too, but it's D1 and it's nothing damning for any of them, imo, and since there are other ppl who I think are more scummy with more content in the game, hunter (and gamma and gogtrial, for that matter) are of not-much interest atm today

this of course is subject to change if more content grows that gives scumreads, duh, it's a fluid thing always

Lifthrasil: Also I noted, that he suspected me while I was putting pressure on him but as soon as I let go, he stopped being so aggressive too. Which is a bit different from when he was scum. There he didn't let go, but tried everything to get me mis-lynched.
this strikes me as all sorts of off and wrong, I didn't suspect you just because/while you were putting pressure on me or stop being aggressive when you "let go" - UGH !!! I don't see how you see it that way, all that happened was that we had some back and forth posts, just because they didn't persist doesn't mean my view on you suddenly changed. I don't need to keep expressing how I feel about you about a single thing do I? like...it's not that binary...I don't understand and you are driving me nuts, lifthrasil. it's like you're confused that I'm not tunneling you??!

and then you apologize for your flipflop on me?? again, this also just seems like it could be a "hmm this wagon is not going, gotta start to move elsewhere" unvote

adaliabooks: I can see where you are coming from with drealmer, but if you think we're going to end up lynching him anyway isn't it better to do so now when it does the least harm if he is town then latter in the game when a mislynch could mean we lose?
this sort of post really bothers me, like just say what you are saying, first of all rather than beat around the bush
"drealmer sucks shouldn't we just kill him sooner rather than later?", which isn't even frikken true, and it drives me nuts, because ummm, I actually tend to have a lot of pretty good reads from game to game and make good calls often enough (which I think is part of the reason why my ML gets pushed so often, because scum actually wants to get me lynched because my reads are decent, rather than keep me around so I mislynch townies come later in the game)

pings galore

give me adalia, RW, or lifthrasil today, definitely

more later
1) I don't particularly see anything that says "scum". He seems a little more distant from the game than usual and that is a bit concerning, but there are plenty of real life reasons that make sense too. The fact there hasn't been a big push is also why I'm not as concerned with the infrequent posts; nothing to hide from. That said, I don't see anything which pegs him as town either. Knowing there are two scum, and having two suspects I really like as scum, doesn't leave room for Drealmer. Otherwise, I would more interested.

2) It seems refreshing others seem to see somewhat what I think I see. I think Adalia is asking good questions. Trying to get a reasonable response and just getting more "fluff" back. He's leaving the door open for a good response and just not getting one...

As to the exchanges and exclusivity though. There are 7 of us and 2 scum. Don't make more of individual disagreements than just that. Just because two people are arguing doesn't mean that one is necessarily scum. There are 36 combinations of two players. 1 of them is two scum (2.8%). 14 are one scum and one town (38.9%). Leaving 21 pairs of two town (58.3%). By random chance, with the numbers in this game, most exchanges should be two town.
Lifthrasil: I'm back. Didn't read everything yet, but this sticks out:

Hunter? If you have a 'got you' epiphany, please explain. If you really have something telling on RW, share it with the rest of the players! But if you don't have something solid, your post really looks strange.
drealmer7: ummm, you do realize (yes, of course you do), you have to give it time to develop, right? (yes of course you do) - for RW and hunter to have some back and forth about it. Hunter knows what he's doing well enough to know he's going to have to back that up at some point and you making a post like this kind of takes any "oompf" out of it that may have stirred RW to respond in a way that allowed them to get into it more. Like you absorbed a blow for RW.
Now you're really stretching to see something scummy where there isn't anything. What, now we're supposed to let strange/scummy remarks slide, because they might be a 'devious trap(TM)' set by some oh-so-towny player? You should know by now that intentional scum play to catch scum doesn't work. We had this conversation I don't know how often, but you decide not to learn from experience. Just like you apparently decided to see something scummy in everything I write, no matter what. Sorry for accusing you of letting go. I was wrong. I don't know whether to laugh or to weep about the hoops you jump through just to conform with a pre-conception once taken. If you're town, the entire affair is sad and can only lead to a mis-lynch of one or both of us. If you're scum, by all means, please continue. And no, your lynch doesn't get pushed often because you are such a dangerous player - but because you always act scummy and are therefore an easy target. And you refuse to learn and change your playstyle. I, at least, try to learn from past mistakes and avoid tunneling, when I'm aware of it. You embrace it. ... Gah! Sorry for ranting at you and perhaps getting personal. But you really have a way of annoying me in every bloody game and IF you are town this all is so useless. But I think we will never, ever agree on anything in any game and that really sucks, because out of the games you are totally different and actually nice to talk to. It's just as if in game you decide to be as contrary and difficult as you can be and that is no fun at all. ... Well, perhaps I should have taken this to the Admin thread after the game, but I needed to get it off my chest. Sorry.

@RWarehall: thank you for your reply. I'll try not to over-emphasize individual disagreements.
*shakes head* exaggeration galore, lift, that's all you're doing

can I not do a single thing at all without you blowing it out of proportion? it seems not...
trentonlf: I feel as if the same thing has been happening to me for the past few games, I ask a question for everyone or make a statement and it seems to either be ignored or missed even if I ask or state it multiple times. [...]
How's the current state of things regarding discussion for you?
But for someone wanting more discussion from everyone, you could make a bit of an effort to participate yourself more, instead of only reacting to posts addressed to you or things about you.

Lifthrasil: [...] It looks strange that Gamma rated Hunter as the most towny, although Hunter didn't participate much. [...]
Given that GammaEmerald gave zero reasons for any of his town-reads, except for adaliabooks, I at least see no way to evaluate his list either way, as the question for me remains what his motive of putting up the list is in the first place.

What I will give RWarehall is that Hunter65536 unvoting GammaEmerald the way he did, did catch my eye; I've seen him do it before, and as smoothly as here.

Lifthrasil: [...] Which brings me to my main problem: drealmer. While, on it's own, I still think drealmer's performance for large stretches of the game is very scummy, he doesn't fit in any team with anyone. [...]
[emphasis added]

Why do you say this? He can be scum with everyone but GammaEmerald and me. And I don't put it past him to appear to be "clashing" with his scum-buddy, whoever that may be, if he's scum. It's not like it would look out of place.

Hunter65536: @Hyper Welp, my contribution can be seen by everyone afaik I set all my posts to public. Let me recheck . . . . Yep Definitely public. Also why would I "pretend to be scum" to catch scum in a game where scum has day chat? (More coordination, better strategies about when to push if you still don't get what I'm saying) RW misrepresented me (non-contentious is exactly opposite of what I've been, I've raised points against what people said and took stances and I don't even know what floating means) which is scummy IMO which would've been clear if town was actually interested in or competent enough to win rather than measuring word count of each player to determine their townieness.

@trent How does it feel to make losing choices game after game? (Assuming you're town of course)

@all Do your endless walls of text save you from erring? Do they make your theories more effective somehow? I observe more than I post, if that is scummy then wouldn't scum be entirely focussed on posting endless walls of text like you all do?
While I do get sarcasm, and do it myself occasionally, this is a bit too heavy on the condescending side to address people's questions and arguments.

No-one's doing a word count. Being contentious doesn't necessarily mean one has to be confrontational or hostile in their interactions with others. Putting the specific term aside, my point is more about a lack of interactions on your part, commenting on and/or questioning what others post. You almost exclusively react when you're mentioned by someone, and I don't see any following up on the few questions you've asked. For instance, you asked drealmer7 to explain his scum picks, Did you get a reply to that? Did you follow it up?

This is what I was looking to see when checking your previous games, and I did notice a difference.

Hunter65536: [...] I don't even know what floating means) [...]
Hunter65536: [...] A. I was not floating because I was actuaply participating [...]
You don't know what floating means, but you know you weren't floating because you were participating?

Hunter65536: [...] as opposed to reporting my findings of running some shitty statistical simulation [...]
Funny, your interactions with RWarehall on the matter don't sound like you thought he was engaging in some shitty activity instead of participating in the game.

Hunter65536: [...] @trent so me explaining it in later post makes me more scummier than actual liar(s) and you wonder how your choices go wrong.
Big mystery I'd say. /s
trentonlf asked you why you didn't provide reasoning for your vote on RWarehall along with your vote, and your reply dances around his question, basically faulting trentonlf for reading scumminess in your behaviour for no reason, and kind of mocking him for making wrong decisions.

What we'll never know now is this - had it not been for people asking for context and reasons, would you have explained it on your own later?

More to follow as to not overwhelm Hunter65536 with an even bigger wall of text. ;-)