It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@dedo I realize that generally its not the best to talk about game mechanics early in the game, but in this case maybe we should. Because what if it means something like they take less votes to lynch?
drealmer7: <snip>
There's our Drealmer! Concise, decisive, winning friends, and making alliances! ;)
(No squirrels were harmed in the writing of the previous sentence)

-----

flubbucket: Much like what Krypsyn has been pointing out. Your concern about one thing and apparent indifference to another related thing.
Please don’t misunderstand; I am extremely curious about his role, especially after he says that I missed one. I don’t know what I missed, but I don’t have the time or inclination to go back through the threads again to try and figure out if it was a role or something else. While pulling everything together and running the analysis one time was kind of interesting, for me most of the fun was in the analysis/deductive part of the activity instead of the search part. Guess which part would need the focus if I take a second pass.

I’m very interested in the whole setup and how everything works. I liked the concept of crisis events last game, and I wanted to know more. I enjoyed Myst. I’m willing to wait and slowly work through the puzzles as they present themselves instead of going for a walkthrough. Yog provided a hint in-game, so I went to see what it would tell me. That has played out (at least for now), so I'm going to leave it be (at least for now).

While proof-reading the post you are questioning, I noticed it could be interpreted as me trying to go role fishing. Let’s see what the reactions were when I was just putting together the publicly available information (including what seemed, to me at least, obvious analytical steps to take on the initial list):
Ixamyakxim: Normally I'd be all over you for role fishing
cristigale: you’re also doing the work for scum and they are the ones who can benefit most from this information at this time
trentonlf: But, what purpose does discussing his role do to help town?
bler144: One thing to publicly catalog all the possible claims (though I'm not sure I would've done that) and another to also actively analyze it down, which I'm definitely leery of.
I’ve been lynched Day 1; I’d rather see a different ending. Also, I generally prefer the “Victory!” screen over the “Game Over” screen.
cristigale: Have you noticed anything that feels off so far Today?
Hijack seems a lot less interested in the game so far than he normally does, not sure if he's trying to avoid posting too much because scum are easier to catch the more they post or if as he said he really doesn't like day 1 and he finds it hard to get involved.

Same goes for P1na, but I have never played with him before so I have no idea if it is typical behavior or not.

Other than yogs throwing himself out there nothing else really stands out so far, and on that I do appreciate Krypsyn trying to move the discussion along on yogsloth because that whole thing is starting to feel like a distraction. Last game the distractions day 1 caused a no lynch and that's the last thing we need to happen again.

@ everyone this is a good question, Is there anything you have found to be off so far? The deadline is Monday and with a weekend coming up a lot of people are going to be MIA so hem hawing around isn't helping. I'm not a fan of speed lynching that seems to happen on day 1 at the last minute to secure a lynch as it seems a townie gets lynched almost every time.
trentonlf: Is there anything you have found to be off so far?
There are a couple "Yeah, what he said" 's that I haven't thrown out, but I think I've mentioned most things that made me cock an eyebrow.

To move things along a little more, I'll go ahead and throw down a vote.

Vote Ixam.
cristigale: @yogs – as funny as that was, do you believe flubb has been lurking this game?
It's almost like he's... not playing the same as he always does!

flubbucket: Like I stated clearly....the tacit general acceptance.

yogsloth must be town because he always does that.

CSPVG must be town because he always does that.

trentonlf must be town because he always does that.

Krypsyn must be town because he always does that.

Vote stays.
Aha! It all makes sense now.
trentonlf: @ everyone this is a good question, Is there anything you have found to be off so far? The deadline is Monday and with a weekend coming up a lot of people are going to be MIA so hem hawing around isn't helping. I'm not a fan of speed lynching that seems to happen on day 1 at the last minute to secure a lynch as it seems a townie gets lynched almost every time.
Right now I'd like to see more of p1na's posts, he's had three I think? And all were one sentence.
Damn! The forum ate my post and then bugged out, dropping all my favorite threads! And of course, I typed that one in the web form instead of in Word, so I lost it. Argh. Trying again.

I’m drawing a blank right now.

flub is voting for me not because of my specific playstyle then, but rather as a general crusade to punish players who play too similarly from game to game. I suppose that’s sort of a valid point, but wouldn’t you have to kill nearly everybody for the same crime?

Ix is voting for me even though I’m Town, just to end the day and move on, man. Anybody, man. And then of course now that the wagon’s rolling unchallenged, he’s completely disappeared. And I’m not even trying to frame him for this behavior this time! You want to lynch somebody for the same behavior game in and game out, but not this guy?

trent is voting me because LAY / shut down brain.

And then bler is so lost in left-field micro-analysis that he’s managed to identify the entire number and exact role composition of the entire Scum team in order to justify my “Scum play”.

I knew I’d pick up votes of course, but this is a pretty threadbare collection.

So I pretty much got nuthin’ new or good at this point. What I’m starting to really think is that Scum team is just quietly watching this whole soap opera, chuckling to themselves. And when the low-volume weekend comes and goes and the Monday deadline hits… the “well, I guess it’s better than no-lynch” crowd rolls in and they just blend in.

_____

Completely unrelated: Would anybody like the three free games on the front page? I just got a set, and already have them, so they do me no good. I’d rather give them to Forum Mafia players than just dump them on the general forum. Let me know via PM and I’ll give ‘em to ya!
adaliabooks: Really?
Coming from the man who has never explained a vote (when it was actually made) in all the time I've played with him?
For all we know rolling a dice and picking a player is exactly what you do, and then you throw out some random metaphor to justify it.
In fact, I could do the same and you'd never even notice.
Heh.

adaliabooks: Look around, other than yogs who is there with any legitimate reason to vote for?
You and Bler144 are just about tied for me, as top scum candidate, currently. Leonard03 is trailing, but not by much. After that it gets a little hazy.

Cristigale feels off for me, but she always rubs me the wrong way. It is the way she tends to present all sides, and doesn't post as often as others (fence-sitting and lurking). This time around, she missed an angle with one of her "present all sides" posts, and it pinged my scumdar a little harder.

Similarly, flubbucket is pinging my scumdar a bit. He is a little bit more forceful this time around; pushing a little harder. However, I am notoriously wrong on my reads for him, for entirely different reasons than cristigale gives me trouble.

There are my Top 5, currently.

HijacK gets a (dis)honorable mention. My read on him was totally wrong last game. Of all the scum, he duped me the hardest. I really want him to post more.

Lifthrasil: Unfortunately I only see the 'blocked by GEMA' message. As usual in Germany. :-(
:(

It is a "Swing and Electo Swing" mix. Adding the Electro Swing tends to make the mix, as a whole, a faster tempo. There seem to be many of these mixes, so maybe Googling will find something similar.

It is worth noting that this GEMA (and similar) thing is a big reason I cut down on posting You-Tube music. It is no fun when some people are left out of the joke/experience/breadcrumb.
EBWOP

Totally forgot about P1na. Reading the last few posts reminded me he was actually playing in this game...

He also deserves a (dis)honorable mention. His play-style resembles CSPVGs quite a bit, in my experience. I would also like him to post more. Preferably to explain his vote on flubbucket to those asking about it (hypocrisy, FTW).
trentonlf: Same goes for P1na, but I have never played with him before so I have no idea if it is typical behavior or not.
I'd say it is indeed my typical behaviour. fool around a bit, claim to want to kill the cops but can't because I'm town, unadvertedly slip something about a power role, get killed. Sometimes I directly jump to the last step, but for the most part I follow that pattern.

On this one game at least there's a chance at getting drunk, so if you ask me, I think the mafia winning and me surviving would be a tentative win. Mafia people, please let me know how much you'd charge for a beer? If it's reasonable, I'll consider helping you out. For example, by unvoting flub. Because come on, the dude has *bucket* on his name. And what goes in buckets? Liquid. He clearly can't be a supporter of the dry law.
P1na: ... I think the mafia winning and me surviving would be a tentative win.
Unvote: adaliabooks
Vote: P1na
Krypsyn: Unvote: adaliabooks
Vote: P1na
yay, never been lynched before. I knew drinking would get me into trouble.

Let me make one thing clear, though: my playstyle is nothing like CSPVG's. He thought deep about what everyone said and came up with plays and feints and strategies and alternative reads that you might not have agreed with. Me, I'm just playing.
P1na: I'd say it is indeed my typical behaviour. fool around a bit, claim to want to kill the cops but can't because I'm town, unadvertedly slip something about a power role, get killed. Sometimes I directly jump to the last step, but for the most part I follow that pattern.

On this one game at least there's a chance at getting drunk, so if you ask me, I think the mafia winning and me surviving would be a tentative win. Mafia people, please let me know how much you'd charge for a beer? If it's reasonable, I'll consider helping you out. For example, by unvoting flub. Because come on, the dude has *bucket* on his name. And what goes in buckets? Liquid. He clearly can't be a supporter of the dry law.
*snerk* and +1

So, uh...want to go ahead and claim neutral? Probably be the death of you on Day 1, but hey, maybe you'll survive. Stranger things have happened.
P1na: yay, never been lynched before. I knew drinking would get me into trouble.

P1na: Let me make one thing clear, though: my playstyle is nothing like CSPVG's. He thought deep about what everyone said and came up with plays and feints and strategies and alternative reads that you might not have agreed with. Me, I'm just playing.
I meant in terms of lurking. In most games I played with you, you tended to post less than average, unless my memory is faulty ... again.
P1na: I think the mafia winning and me surviving would be a tentative win. Mafia people, please let me know how much you'd charge for a beer? If it's reasonable, I'll consider helping you out.
Uhhh... did you just...