It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sorry everyone, away from a computer much of today. Doing the best I can. Will try to make a good post and then follow up later with a bits-n-pieces post.

_____

flubbucket: Your point is valid insomuch as I also stated I don't find anything scummy yada yada. My issue stems from previous experience with players acting out early (consistently) and it being sloughed off as harmless.

To reiterate my thoughts, I'm challenging yogsloth's soft claims due to the tacit general acceptance it has or could have.

While he does claim to stimulate dialogue, there is also a subtle bowing up if anyone questions any part. I liken it to how CSPVG can be so coy when called on his profound lurking. While it is generally light and humorous, it still skirts the lurking part and allows the question/allegation to continue unchanged.
flubbucket claiming he’s not voting for me because I’m scummy (“yada yada”), but because I should be some kind of policy lynch due to my playstyle… makes my eyes suck back into my head and bounce off the back of my skull. We are officially in bizarro world. Seriously. This makes my spleen hurt. What did I say earlier about “motivated payback”?

Is there one among you who would agree with this argument? That I should be lynched not because I have done anything remotely Scummy, but because I dare to move us out of RVS? Do you all really, truly, seriously, want to spend Day 1 just staring listlessly at one another, doing nothing, saying nothing, posting nothing, accomplishing nothing? That’s bullshit. Pure and simple. You think even flub buys that? I don’t. If anything, this game has brought to my own attention some key differences in my meta to think about long term.

There’s only one sensible, rational thing to do.

I hereby challenge flub to a rap battle and playstyle showdown.

_____

Yo yo yo, MC yog up in here to kick it old-school and show this no-show fool the biz.

Kick me a beat, DJ Lift.

Carryin’ the mail, that’s what I do
Startin’ gamez up, don’t wait for day two
Bustin’ rhymes and bustin’ ass
Catchin’ Scumz with style and class

This fool no-shows, no-goes, takin’ a nap
Postin’ so slow he gonna get lapped
Yeah, he addin’, one word at a time
He posted? Can barely remember
Think he’ll finish his thought by the end of December?

I be flowin’, maxin’ shifty
He be trippin’ DKP minus fifty

What’s that? You cryin’ boy?
You want some flowers?
Your Momma’s so fat
She ain’t posted in 48 hours

I be workin’
You be lurkin’
Tears be jerkin’ cuz my jokes be fly
Hustlin’ Scumz, ain’t no lie

Oh, you be illin’ now
You call that a joke? Don’t make me laugh
You ain’t said three sentences in a week and a half

Makin’ me sick, you don’t ever show up
Nothing to add, makin’ me throw up
Getting’ so bad, gonna say f*** it
Yeah boy, you know it,

Vote flubbucket
yogsloth: ..................
Your tirade is pointless as well as an exercise in stating things hysterically out of context.

You are the one making soft claims. I have not bent the facts to suit anything. I merely call you on it, as others have.

Please point out where I stated "...not voting for me because I’m scummy (“yada yada”), but because I should be some kind of policy lynch due to my playstyle..."

I have been quite clear. I also never engage in payback, vendetta or any other such nonsense. My RVS vote on Krypsyn should be obvious to even a 'tard.

You are becoming tedious.
flubbucket: Please point out where I stated "...not voting for me because I’m scummy (“yada yada”), but because I should be some kind of policy lynch due to my playstyle..."
flubbucket: Your point is valid insomuch as I also stated I don't find anything scummy yada yada.

To reiterate my thoughts, I'm challenging yogsloth's soft claims due to the tacit general acceptance it has or could have.
Ixamyakxim: No but really I have nothing new at the moment. Normally I'd be all over you for role fishing but in this case it's actually the discussion I want to see.
Drat! I was going to ask about this but Bookwyrm beat me to it. I had even started the post but then break ended :(

I wanted to ask something else but I can't remember what it was, and I need to go now.

One quick question though, is there any real point in trying to think of better ways to break open day 1, when it already has (at least in part)?
I guess I understand the desire to talk about something else as well…

Really need to go now.
flubbucket: I applaud your interest in Ixamyakxim's motives and verbiage.

Your lesser interest in yogsloth's vanilla-ness is due to............because of the reason??
I'm unclear on what you are questioning here. Are you asking why I have less interest in Yog's vanilla-ness, compared to my level of interest in Ix's motives/verbiage? Are you asking why I'd be at all interested in whether Yog is vanilla? Are you asking something else entirely?

Leonard03: One quick question though, is there any real point in trying to think of better ways to break open day 1, when it already has (at least in part)?
Yes. Even if we've sort of broken it here, if we can find a palatable-to-all solution THIS game, then there shouldn't be a repeat of this Day 1 circling NEXT game.
Bookwyrm627: Oh. So what IS missing?
You and cristigale both seem to assume Bookwyrm627 is town. Cristigale even goes so far as to note that yogsloth might be either town or scum, but doesn't make the same caveat for Bookwyrm627.

HijacK: Sometimes I get the feeling everything you say has NO meaning....
You and me both. Though, I am an Existentialist, so it goes with the territory, I suppose.

Leonard03: My $.02 on Bookwyrm's post. I really don't see that it matters too much for him to post it. If scum wanted they could go back and check for themselves (that's assuming yogsloth is town), so we can't stop them. If he's scum, this makes it easier for all the townies to have the info in front of them (possibly also his scum buddies too, depends if they have had a chance to talk or not, N0 maybe? Or daychat?). IMO it would be better, though, to try and figure what yogsloth's plan is. Does he have one? What can we do to help/hinder (latter if he's scum) it? I don't have any ideas yet though.
Leonard03 also fails to represent all sides.

HypersomniacLive: Well, at least you don't deny that you have no intention to enlighten the rest of us that don't get your reasons.
I don't recall ever making this assertion.

HypersomniacLive: So let me rephrase my question - do you expect people to follow you in your votes when you give no reasons, or when you give reasons that they don't understand and you don't (care to) explain?
I don't expect people to follow in my votes even if I do give my reason. I have tried in games past, but nobody seems to see things my way. So, I now leave clues to my reasons to see how people react, and to see if people other than myself arrive to similar conclusions. It is fair more informative for me than being direct.

As for voted for bler144:
The dollhouse my grandfather made for my sister had a white picket fence. It was flimsy, because it was just a 'play-fence', so it didn't hold up well. It was more of a vehicle for imagination and fantasy, and couldn't bear any weight of significance.

Bler144's post had similar qualities. It said nothing, but also had a bit of fence-sitting on this nothing. Scum often tend to fall into the mindset of trying to look productive while saying nothing of value. This struck me as one of those times. None of what Bler144 has said since has dissuaded me from this perception, so my vote, weak as it was at the start, has stayed put.
EBWOP
Bleh, the first reponse of my above post should read "Adaliabooks and cristigale....". Although, it would be interesting to hear if Bookwyrm627 thinks scum making his sort of analysis is a possibility. In a general sense, of course. :P
Krypsyn: EBWOP
Bleh, the first reponse of my above post should read "Adaliabooks and cristigale....". Although, it would be interesting to hear if Bookwyrm627 thinks scum making his sort of analysis is a possibility. In a general sense, of course. :P
Possible? Yes. Did it happen in this instance? Of course not. :P

Also, you caught the mistake before I was able to come up with a suitable way to poke fun at you for it. Shame on you!
EBWOP2: knew I missed something.

HypersomniacLive: People seem to assume that scum are not intelligent enough to do some thinking and put two and two together, and that they just sit waiting for town to do their work for them.
Agreed.

------------------

adaliabooks: *rattles some dice and whistles innocently*
Unvote: bler144
Vote: adaliabooks

pre-edit post:

Bookwyrm627: Possible? Yes.
I find it interesting that others failed to represent this possibility. It indicates a blind spot in their analysis. It could be innocent, but it could also be a omission based on information unknown to all players.
Krypsyn: EBWOP
I presume we're talking about Bookwyrm's analysis of yog's possible role.
The way I see it, as scum it makes less sense then it does as town. He could work all that out in the scum thread tonight with his buddies (if they haven't figured it out already), so unless there is a pressing reason for him to let his buddies know what yog's role might be I don't see why he would bother. The other reason would be if he thinks it could help him get yogs lynched, but I don't think suggesting (and highlighting the possibility) that yog's might be a coroner helps with that agenda.
Of course, he could be scum trying to appear town but that's pure WIFOM. It's difficult to tell with that as the difference between a townie being townie and scum pretending to be townie is hard to spot with so little reference to work with...

Prepost edit:
And I see Krypsyn has voted me for my random lynch joke... I'm tempted to actually place a random vote now, but I'd like to make it passed day 1 as town, it's been a while...
yogsloth: Kick me a beat, DJ Lift.
dooph da da, dooph da,
dooph da da, dooph

But actually that's the wrong kind of music for the period.
Here, that's better.
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Lifthrasil
Finally some time to catch up. Reading now, hopefully I'll have something to contribute after I'm done with the 2 pages I have to go through. brb
Lifthrasil: dooph da da, dooph da,
dooph da da, dooph

But actually that's the wrong kind of music for the period.
Here, that's better.
I think I fell asleep watching that. Odd as I like Jazzy music usually
trentonlf: I think I fell asleep watching that. Odd as I like Jazzy music usually
I like this better.
Krypsyn: I like this better.
Oh yeah, got my foot to tapping just listening to it :)