It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Well, I'm a fucking retard.
QFT
adaliabooks: I don't like drealmer's result on JMich. One, it means he might have sabotaged and two if he didn't then that makes drealmer's power next to useless. If it doesn't distinguish between a fail and a sabotage then we gain nothing from it, just a reason to lynch someone who may well be a townie. I'm leaning more and more towards he's scum and made the whole thing up...
I've considered it a pretty weak power since the beginning. Some strength added to it knowing I can investigate previous days' crisis events if we avoid a day's crisis. My best guess is that if you are an intruder, you get an option to "intentionally fail" a crisis mission. If you do this, my guess is that, if I investigate you, my investigation would result in something like "you can tell SOANDSO did not try their best" which would result as a "scum read" and be pretty straightforward.

I also think it can happen like this: JMich knows/has an idea that his stats aren't sufficient, so he doesn't have to intentionally fail his task, he can attempt to try and succeed at it, fail anyway, and that way his result doesn't show "intentional failure" even if it was an intentional failure simply by knowing his stats weren't sufficient and failing by default.

The problem is there is no way to tell if JMich had that idea or was really horribly mistaken about the quality of his stats. I'm leaning hard towards "how could he have not known his stats would have been insufficient?" His lack of addressing it all is rather suspicious too, like he'd rather us make all the suppositions first and then he can sit back and play innocent and ignorant.

Adalia I think you should be more asking yourself "did JMich know his stats were insufficient" because if so, he's an intruder. If not, I want to know why he thought 6 would be good enough. His "it was fine for the first crisis" seems weak and a likely excuse of an intruder. My current guess is that he is the scum-roleblocker.
Well... this is all very interesting, but I don't think we're really getting anywhere.

Right now I've got six potential suspects (not in any particular order):

JMich: A roleblocker (typically a scum role), also a primary candidate for having sabotaged the crisis event day 2 (and was the reason it failed if drealmer is to be believed). However; he claims to be a droid and dedo flipped droid and town and his night actions have been reasonably consistent. Overall I would say leaning slightly scummy.

drealmer: Lot's of little bits of scummy behaviour all game, but could be due to being new. Claims a power which the more we find out about it the less useful it seems. Could also have sabotaged the day 2 crisis event and be trying to shift blame to JMich to cover it up. Has been strongly after Vitek (now confirmed town) all game, but Vitek's NK doesn't really fit with him being scum (but, WIFOM, he may have done it having realised the chance of getting Vitek lynched was slim and that no one would suspect him for it). Leaning slightly scummy as well.

agent: Claims tracker, hasn't returned any results that weren't public domain until today (and even that is not a great result). Could also have sabotaged day 2 (although he would probably have to be teamed with drealmer in this case as 2 failures would presumably have meant crew death or at least a worse penalty). General scummy behaviour. Probably my top pick.

Carrion: Possible last roleblocker, been quite lurky, particularly odd after quite a strong start. Similar to drealmer it's hard to judge his behaviour too much due too newness. Leaning scummy too.

yogsloth: Another possibility for the roleblocker. Generally townie behaviour (well, for yogs anyway). Mostly neutral, largely due to the possibility of being the missing blocker.

flub: Could also be the blocker, though I suspect not. Inscrutable as ever, mostly neutral too.

I'd happily vote for any of the first four, and either of the last two if more evidence came to light. We're getting pretty close to the wire here, so I'm not sure I'd say I'd vote either yogs or flub to avoid No Lynch as losing another townie today would not be a good result at all. Though we appear to be lacking in investigative roles so No Lynch may not be much better.
Long story short... we really need to get this right today.
drealmer7: My current guess is that he is the scum-roleblocker.
So there are 2 scum roleblockers, or does the town roleblocker not wish to appear?
drealmer7: My current guess is that he is the scum-roleblocker.
JMich: So there are 2 scum roleblockers, or does the town roleblocker not wish to appear?
Is that even a question? Are you actually asking what I think about something? I told all the thoughts I had to share at the moment.

Why don't you pose some of your own theories instead of mining other people's?

Also, what on earth made you think 6 was a sufficient stat?
drealmer7: I've considered it a pretty weak power since the beginning. Some strength added to it knowing I can investigate previous days' crisis events if we avoid a day's crisis. My best guess is that if you are an intruder, you get an option to "intentionally fail" a crisis mission. If you do this, my guess is that, if I investigate you, my investigation would result in something like "you can tell SOANDSO did not try their best" which would result as a "scum read" and be pretty straightforward.

I also think it can happen like this: JMich knows/has an idea that his stats aren't sufficient, so he doesn't have to intentionally fail his task, he can attempt to try and succeed at it, fail anyway, and that way his result doesn't show "intentional failure" even if it was an intentional failure simply by knowing his stats weren't sufficient and failing by default.

The problem is there is no way to tell if JMich had that idea or was really horribly mistaken about the quality of his stats. I'm leaning hard towards "how could he have not known his stats would have been insufficient?" His lack of addressing it all is rather suspicious too, like he'd rather us make all the suppositions first and then he can sit back and play innocent and ignorant.

Adalia I think you should be more asking yourself "did JMich know his stats were insufficient" because if so, he's an intruder. If not, I want to know why he thought 6 would be good enough. His "it was fine for the first crisis" seems weak and a likely excuse of an intruder. My current guess is that he is the scum-roleblocker.
You guess that, but you don't know.
For all you know that result is saying that he sabotaged, which makes it next to useless.

As for why JMich might have gone on the mission, you did see his claimed secondary power didn't you? Yeah, I can see his stats are low, possibly too low, but he may have seen it worth the risk in case scum did sabotage.
That being said, I still don't see how losing JMich (who has a claimed power) would be better then losing some other random town player from the team...
If JMich is town his roleblock seems to be one of the more useful powers we've got...
drealmer7: Is that even a question?
Yes. There are 2 roleblockers at large, as well as a jailer, and one roleblocker has publicly claimed. So, if I am the scum roleblocker that you are suggesting I am, what is the other one? Is he also a scum roleblocker, meaning 2 identical roles, or is he town that doesn't wish to step forward?

drealmer7: Are you actually asking what I think about something? I told all the thoughts I had to share at the moment.
You post a theory. I'm poking at it, to see if it holds up or if a simple pull is enough to unravel it.

drealmer7: Also, what on earth made you think 6 was a sufficient stat?
1) 6 is above average. It's not exceptional, but it is above average.
2) Assuming we get a crisis every day, and we do end up with one or two scum left, that will mean that we will have crisis where the target requires an average of 6 (or less).
3) I'm sorry, I don't recall volunteering for the second crisis. True, I didn't object either, but did I make a post to volunteer like I did in the first one? Or was I just picked? Might have to go look at that.

adaliabooks: flub: Could also be the blocker, though I suspect not. Inscrutable as ever, mostly neutral too.
He did claim to be blocked on night 2, and did so before trent offered an explanation. So if flub is the scum roleblocker, that would most likely make trent scum as well.
adaliabooks: You guess that, but you don't know.
That's what/why I said, "my best guess."

Sounds like you're being a bit too defensive of JMich's actions rather than try and put him on the hotseat, which I think he deserves. I'm more suspicious of you now. You just have him in your list because you know he IS scummy, being a fellow intruder, and so you are having him there to reduce your own suspicion.
adaliabooks: If JMich is town his roleblock seems to be one of the more useful powers we've got...
Oh and he's choosing great targets! *sarcasm* I actually think he's choosing the most useless of targets, unless he is an intruder, then he's picking the right ones. He thought I was most scummy on D1 and blocked me? Nonsense, to me, and I don't know why others aren't questioning him more as to why he thought I was sooo scummy on D1 so much so to validate using his power. I more think he knew my town claim to be true (being an intruder himself) and figured that it had some sort of power and so he was certain to be able to block me, then ask about the block, fish for more information about the block so he could gain more information for the intruders, meanwhile the whole time making it try to seem like I'm the scummy one, but not pushing it too hard because he KNOWS I'm town.

Or, we're all town, and the intruders (carrion, flub, yogs?) are doing a great job at being quiet and letting us destroy ourselves.
adaliabooks: flub: Could also be the blocker, though I suspect not. Inscrutable as ever, mostly neutral too.
JMich: He did claim to be blocked on night 2, and did so before trent offered an explanation. So if flub is the scum roleblocker, that would most likely make trent scum as well.
Yeah, that's why I suspect he is not (just as it was unlikely Vitek was). It's entirely possible they are a team together as trent's explanation of flub's claimed block can't really be disproved and neatly covers for flub if he was doing something else.

@trent
Did you get to use your power last night? If so, what was the result?
drealmer7: which I think he deserves.
Same way Vitek deserved to be on the hotseat? Hm, how did that work out?
drealmer7: which I think he deserves.
JMich: Same way Vitek deserved to be on the hotseat? Hm, how did that work out?
Geee, more sarcastic non-contributions from JMich, surprise surprise.

You really think 6 is above average? REALLY?!
adaliabooks: You guess that, but you don't know.
drealmer7: That's what/why I said, "my best guess."

Sounds like you're being a bit too defensive of JMich's actions rather than try and put him on the hotseat, which I think he deserves. I'm more suspicious of you now. You just have him in your list because you know he IS scummy, being a fellow intruder, and so you are having him there to reduce your own suspicion.
adaliabooks: If JMich is town his roleblock seems to be one of the more useful powers we've got...
drealmer7: Oh and he's choosing great targets! *sarcasm* I actually think he's choosing the most useless of targets, unless he is an intruder, then he's picking the right ones. He thought I was most scummy on D1 and blocked me? Nonsense, to me, and I don't know why others aren't questioning him more as to why he thought I was sooo scummy on D1 so much so to validate using his power. I more think he knew my town claim to be true (being an intruder himself) and figured that it had some sort of power and so he was certain to be able to block me, then ask about the block, fish for more information about the block so he could gain more information for the intruders, meanwhile the whole time making it try to seem like I'm the scummy one, but not pushing it too hard because he KNOWS I'm town.

Or, we're all town, and the intruders (carrion, flub, yogs?) are doing a great job at being quiet and letting us destroy ourselves.
I have him on my list as I think there's a chance he may be scum, that is all.

I never said he was choosing good targets. Just that it was a useful power as we seem to lack a lot of investigative roles. However blocking you makes perfect sense as he was voting you at the end of the day and presumably found you most scummy.
Yes, that could all be a set up, but as there is an unclaimed roleblocker floating about who has blocked Agent (claimed town Tracker) and Vitek (who was seen as confirmed by many due to the whole Station thing) it's not likely that roleblocker is town, and for scum to have two roleblockers seems a little overpowered.
Yet you completely ignore that in favour of pushing for JMich as being scum. Is it perhaps because YOU know your buddy performed those blocks and you want it to look like JMich is scum to cover for them?
JMich: He did claim to be blocked on night 2, and did so before trent offered an explanation. So if flub is the scum roleblocker, that would most likely make trent scum as well.
adaliabooks: Yeah, that's why I suspect he is not (just as it was unlikely Vitek was). It's entirely possible they are a team together as trent's explanation of flub's claimed block can't really be disproved and neatly covers for flub if he was doing something else.

@trent
Did you get to use your power last night? If so, what was the result?
Yes I was able to successfully send an item last night
drealmer7: You really think 6 is above average? REALLY?!
Assuming stats range from 1-9 (or 0-10), the average is 5, so 6 is above average. If stats range from 1 to 10, then the average is 5.5, so 6 is (again) above average. It is not good, nor great, nor exceptional, but it is above average.

What would you consider above average then? And why?
Last night I was knocked out and my door was locked behind me.

When I first read my PM, I just assumed it was all part of one action, and off I went to the races. I did a quick re-read, however, and completely realized it was just an assumption, and that it was written ambiguously enough that it could have been multiple actions. I can at least note that I realized this before anybody claimed to have used an action against me.

So before signing off last night, I actually asked Quad two questions:

1) Can you tell me how many blocking/knockout/jailing roles targeted me last night?

He wouldn’t answer that question, and to be fair, I wouldn’t have either. It was worth a shot, though.

2) Would one blocking role be told that other blocking roles had been used?

And that one he did answer, with a “no”.

So it appears I ate at least two kinds of blocks last night, with absolutely no way to legitimately claim a third.

Which, if my math holds up, pretty neatly frames me as the missing roleblocker. Which of course, sucks in all kinds of ways. Especially since unlike Wyrm, I don’t have any “deux ex machina” role to claim that would save me.

My name is Arnold Madison, and I’m the Station Chef. Hooray me. I have no powers or abilities of any kind. A couple of things to note in my PM – the word “vanilla” isn’t used anywhere. I simply don’t have anything. My Abilities are nil. I’m also not explicitly listed as human, but I’ve been assuming I am. Until last night, I have received no PMs since the initial.

I wish I could say I ate a 3rd blocking action, but there’s no way for me to know. I’d like to swear on a stack of bibles, or my kids’ heads, that I’m not the missing roleblocker and don’t know who is, even though it’s probably really poor taste. It just completely sucks. This game sure as shit isn’t sewn up, eh, RW? I’m about 90% sure I know who it is, but if I throw a name out there it won’t play very well, will it?

So there you go. I started the Day flying because I thought we were going to put pieces together to find the roleblocker… and then the pieces are pointing at me.