It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, given the table has now officially been flipped, I'd like to reveal a bit more information:

The number of Station Crew and Aliens (Mafia) at the end of the game were 4 and 4. The Neutral faction was doing quite well at effective strength 3 of a possible 5.

And you were about to unveil an important note damaging McHack's "confirmation on" Day 1 as well, when Flubbucket would have had included in his flip:

HE WASN'T: Angela Rimmer (Head of Robotics)

There was something about that condition - it was carefully worded so that if a Neutral human could be found, the Droids could win with them. Flubbucket was recorded as having been aboard Space Station Epsilon, he just wasn't the Head of Robotics.

(Also, with the names revealed so far, there must at least be some evidence of me being a Red Dwarf fan.) :P

As for the Crisis Events? Well, as I assume some of you will have already found out from the Dead Thread, I'd initially gone for something along the lines of adding up the various stats and comparing them against a particular number, but I'd had trouble with that because when I ended up with a betrayal it almost always ended up with a death without much room for middle ground.

So I went back to the drawing board, took inspiration from (as I'm sure Leonard might have worked out) Resistance, and just went with the additional restriction of "This person's stats must beat X to succeed." This, to work with another mechanic that the Aliens had, meant the first mission had to start out somewhat easier so that the aliens would actually have a chance of succeeding if they so wished (they had a maximum stat of 5 at that point). The second one's difficulty was, as I'm sure you would have worked out, 7. Looking back, it's possible I might have done something with the difference between stat and difficulty if I wanted them added up, but by then I'd already added the Health and Safety Executive's ability.

So, to sum up things I would do differently next time:

1) Get the PMs sorted out completely initially, and have less need to interfere with PM attempts. Any required attempts should be done by modkill, which I was possibly too lenient with this game anyway. :P

2) Clarify the Alien mechanics beforehand - I must admit I mangled them a bit when I was adjusting them for a fourth player, and they ended up with a power that was very hard to access without Town accidentally supporting them. Speaking of mangling things:

3) Pay enough attention to the creation of one extra role to ensure that they've got the standard Droid abilities, not the Roleblocker one. Given how the game was going at that point, when I noticed I pretty much thought "Screw it, let's roll with it." :P

4) Work out more time to set aside for running votecounts and such - my schedule's been a bit all over the place, moreso as of late, and I've not been able to be as attentive as I could be.

5) Attempt a similar setup once more with a new intruder objective and repicking which roles are scum and which are Town. A new Neutral objective would be nice as well. (If anyone wishes to use Crisis Events or whatever you want to call similar rules in their own scenario, feel free.)

My apologies to all for the way it turned out, and for my failed attempts at damage control. I'll sit the next game out - less to do with this game and more to do with knowing perfectly well I've got something upcoming that will mean I'm occupied or asleep (no middle ground) for at least 48 hours, which is on the unacceptable side of absence lengths for Mafia. :P
Wait so you mean mchack was mafia and mod stepped in and basically told us not to lynch him when we were about to?

Okay.
Vitek: Wait so you mean mchack was mafia and mod stepped in and basically told us not to lynch him when we were about to?

Okay.
Yeah. Which was part of the reason we decided with the droid win condition reveal that it was best to call it...

What was your role?
I wasn't looking forward to having to make up something for that...
Thank you for hosting QuadrAlien. Regardless of the way things turned out, I had fun.

And I'm all about that fun!!
QuadrAlien: snip
I did think there might be a neutral but it was looking less likely as the days went on...

So the droids were kind of neutral? It would have been better if dedo had flipped as much..

I really liked the idea of the Crisis Events, but I think they could do with some benefits to town to make them worth doing for everyone.. Otherwise town just needs to try and avoid them.
adaliabooks: Yeah. Which was part of the reason we decided with the droid win condition reveal that it was best to call it...

What was your role?
I was the one that boosted trenton's abilties (all by 1). By pumping drugs into vents (sniffing drugs comment).
adaliabooks: I really liked the idea of the Crisis Events, but I think they could do with some benefits to town to make them worth doing for everyone.. Otherwise town just needs to try and avoid them.
They were very nice addition but they made us sit and wait to see how they will resolve.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Vitek
adaliabooks: Yeah. Which was part of the reason we decided with the droid win condition reveal that it was best to call it...

What was your role?
Vitek: I was the one that boosted trenton's abilties (all by 1). By pumping drugs into vents (sniffing drugs comment).
I had sent you a one shot vigilante, was sad when they night killed you.
trentonlf: I had sent you a one shot vigilante, was sad when they night killed you.
Now I am sad I died. :-(
I could have so much fun with it. :-)

What was your role?
Vitek: I was the one that boosted trenton's abilties (all by 1). By pumping drugs into vents (sniffing drugs comment).
adaliabooks: I really liked the idea of the Crisis Events, but I think they could do with some benefits to town to make them worth doing for everyone.. Otherwise town just needs to try and avoid them.
Vitek: They were very nice addition but they made us sit and wait to see how they will resolve.
Ah. I did think that might be the case...

Yeah, that was the other issue. I would have them start immediately and possibly just run along side the day if possible... so there was no waiting for them to start or finish.
QuadrAlien: Well, given the table has now officially been flipped, I'd like to reveal a bit more information:

The number of Station Crew and Aliens (Mafia) at the end of the game were 4 and 4. The Neutral faction was doing quite well at effective strength 3 of a possible 5.

And you were about to unveil an important note damaging McHack's "confirmation on" Day 1 as well, when Flubbucket would have had included in his flip:

There was something about that condition - it was carefully worded so that if a Neutral human could be found, the Droids could win with them. Flubbucket was recorded as having been aboard Space Station Epsilon, he just wasn't the Head of Robotics.

(Also, with the names revealed so far, there must at least be some evidence of me being a Red Dwarf fan.) :P
Hehe, Red Dwarf is loads of fun. I love it.
But I don't really understand the implications flubs role would have had on me? oh it's because he's not town but didn't have a station in front .... oh well, that no-lynch really was a bad end of day 1 all around.
does that mean if he had died the droids(neutral?) couldn't have won? and we might have been at lylo way earlier?

trentonlf: I had sent you a one shot vigilante, was sad when they night killed you.
Vitek: Now I am sad I died. :-(
Heh. I killed you btw ;) (and krypsyn) here have a scum chat
QuadrAlien: Well, given the table has now officially been flipped, I'd like to reveal a bit more information:

mchack: Hehe, Red Dwarf is loads of fun. I love it.
But I don't really understand the implications flubs role would have had on me? oh it's because he's not town but didn't have a station in front .... oh well, that no-lynch really was a bad end of day 1 all around.
does that mean if he had died the droids(neutral?) couldn't have won? and we might have been at lylo way earlier?

Vitek: Now I am sad I died. :-(
mchack: Heh. I killed you btw ;) (and krypsyn) here have a scum chat
Not quite. My confirmation quoted your PM - it did not quote the bit which actually determined alignment, "YOU ARE" or "YOU AREN'T". :)
QuadrAlien: Not quite. My confirmation quoted your PM - it did not quote the bit which actually determined alignment, "YOU ARE" or "YOU AREN'T". :)
hehe, well I was taking extra care to not quote that bit myself ;)
@mchack - meaningless bullshit between two savvy veterans not giving a crap.

....or not.
flubbucket: @mchack - meaningless bullshit between two savvy veterans not giving a crap.

....or not.
hah! I knew there was something to it ;) but what? mind telling your abilities or should I ask adaliabooks ;)?
Sad to see the game end this way, but I guess this was the better route.

Cheers QA, I thought it was interesting, fresh, and lots of fun!

adaliabooks: [...]

I really liked the idea of the Crisis Events, but I think they could do with some benefits to town to make them worth doing for everyone.. Otherwise town just needs to try and avoid them.
I agree - while I liked the idea, I think there could (should?) be some incentive for town other than "get the most townie ones on it", or speed lynch to completely avoid them. And while I don't know how that could have been done, I think it would have benefited the game if there was something more to them than just being picked and wait on the results, something to keep the players engaged and active.