It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: -----

flubbucket: Nope. Jailer role is tantamount to Doctor with side effects. To "hold his action" is not town.
Bookwyrm627: Avoiding screwing up unknown town power roles, like cops, is not a town action?

-----
As I stated earlier, Town Jailer is used as a protective role. As was also stated (by JMich) the role can be investigative.

However, claiming not using the role looks because it might do harm is scummy.

HijacK afraid of side effects.....seriously???
flubbucket: As I stated earlier, Town Jailer is used as a protective role. As was also stated (by JMich) the role can be investigative.
I like to think of it as a less permanent Vigilante.
flubbucket: As I stated earlier, Town Jailer is used as a protective role. As was also stated (by JMich) the role can be investigative.
Krypsyn: I like to think of it as a less permanent Vigilante.
Beating an inmate is up to the individual player.

Of course I can't speak for HijacK.
HijacK: Because it is basic common sense to take in consideration the fact that one may be wrong. You know, especially after an unsuccessful day 1?
I feel that Mr. Flubbucket has perfectly stated my thoughts and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_mafia_31_crisis_at_space_station_epsilon/post1667]here on the security tapes. No, Mr. HijacK, that is not basic common sense.

According to our databases, Jailers are regarded as a protective role with certain side effects.
If there was one player that you thought were Station Crew, you should have protected him.
If there was one player that you thought was an Intruder, you should have blocked him.
Side effects or no side effects.

Failing to use the abilities provided you because of possible consequences is cowardice, apathy, or sheer intruder-ly-ness.

And I see that once again you think I'm an intruder, Mr. Somerset. May I ask what it is that I've done this time? I certainly hope it's not simply roleplay again.

I would like to thank you, Mr. CarrionCrow, for your contributions in the game up to this point. I do feel that you have been playing very well up to this point, especially considering you haven't spent time in the security room (observer thread).

Thank you for the apologies, Mr. Bookwyrm. I now see what your intention was, and I must agree that Mr. Somerset and I have given very similar accounts of our accidents.

I've gone over the security tapes, so I can give a slightly updated Votecount (Vote Count)

Ixamyakxim: 5 (yogsloth, Bookwyrm627, HijacK, mchack, Ixamyakxim)
Adaliabooks: 2 (Krypsyn, CarrionCrow)
HijacK: 2 (flubbucket, agentcarr16)
mchack: 1 (trentonlf)
Bookwyrm627: 1 (RWarehall)
agentcarr16: 1 (adaliabooks)
agentcarr16: <snip>
A few questions for you, Mr. Agent:
1) Do you have an idea of how you were knocked out? For example, slippery floor, gas, or a hammer to the head?
2) Where did you wake up? In your room?
3) Would you be willing to use player account names instead of in-game flavor names? If so, please do so; makes it less confusing for simple-minded people like me.

Personal log: Having accessed some of the captain's logs recently, I've noticed that time appears to flow slightly differently for him than I'd expect, or else there is a virus in the station's systems. Some later logs have an earlier date than previously entered logs. I should keep an eye on this, to see if something comes of it.

Also, I've noticed a disturbing disease going around. Drealmer was the first affected, though he seems to have recovered for the most part. I fear he brought it with him when he was assigned to the ship. Unfortunately, the captain and head of computing seem to have also caught it. I'd suggest a quarantine for the afflicted, but we've all mixed together too much. I hope I manage to avoid being infected...
agentcarr16: <snip>
Bookwyrm627: A few questions for you, Mr. Agent:
1) Do you have an idea of how you were knocked out? For example, slippery floor, gas, or a hammer to the head?
2) Where did you wake up? In your room?
3) Would you be willing to use player account names instead of in-game flavor names? If so, please do so; makes it less confusing for simple-minded people like me.

Personal log: Having accessed some of the captain's logs recently, I've noticed that time appears to flow slightly differently for him than I'd expect, or else there is a virus in the station's systems. Some later logs have an earlier date than previously entered logs. I should keep an eye on this, to see if something comes of it.

Also, I've noticed a disturbing disease going around. Drealmer was the first affected, though he seems to have recovered for the most part. I fear he brought it with him when he was assigned to the ship. Unfortunately, the captain and head of computing seem to have also caught it. I'd suggest a quarantine for the afflicted, but we've all mixed together too much. I hope I manage to avoid being infected...
Awesome! Love it! Mr. Bookwyrm, you are my new favourite person until something else distracts me. That is pure comedic gold.

I would love to answer your questions, but unfortunately my recollections are unbelievable sparse.
1) - I don't remember how, and I actually don't know if I was knocked it. It only appears so.
2) - I have no recollection as to where I woke up.
3) - I was wondering if someone would request that. I suppose I can comply.
agentcarr16: Awesome! Love it! Mr. Bookwyrm, you are my new favourite person until something else distracts me. That is pure comedic gold.
Yay! The ADD guy likes me! :D

On the bright side, at least the janitor droid has self-scrubbing systems (ha!), so even if it is some sort of techno-organic virus, he probably won't catch it.
agentcarr16: And I see that once again you think I'm an intruder, Mr. Somerset. May I ask what it is that I've done this time? I certainly hope it's not simply roleplay again.
No, if I thought you were an intruder, I would have said so and voted you. Like I said, a fluid list of possibilities with nothing solid as of now. You'll know when I feel more solid when I cast my vote, but even then a strongly confident "I think you're an intruder" is not likely to be my stance, more likely it will be something like "I think you are possibly one, enough so that I will go ahead and vote, but with no certainty or absolute confidence." It's a fluid tentative list of possibilities, is ALL, I am aware I could be completely wrong, and by no means are they accusations of any sort.

Like I said (ugh, I hate repeating myself), it's simply a healthy mindset to keep an eye on EVERYone, because you're all possible intruders (and of course likewise of me from the rest of you.) Everyone needs to stop turning discussion of possibilities into declarations of certainty, it's not good for the group/achieving our goal.
drealmer7: Everyone needs to stop turning discussion of possibilities into declarations of certainty, it's not good for the group/achieving our goal.
What better way for scum to keep the pot stired so no consensus can be reached, thus a crisis will happen and a very good possibility for a no lynch again.
Certainties!
Yogsloth is going to irritate someone.
Hijack is going to irritate someone.
JMich is going for "inscrutable".
Krypsyn is going to make obscure remarks.
Flub is going to make short remarks.
Agent is going to post in ways that entertain himself.
Bookwyrm is going to make remarks that could be read as him being scum.
Trent is going to find Bookwyrm scummy.
Ix is going to vote someone, anyone.
Drealmer is going to say he's uncertain.
adalia is going to want lynches to happen.
Vitek is going to be quiet.
RW is going to be wrong.
Carrion is going to use his wit.
mchack is going to be accused of getting a pass.
Dedo is going to the Great Beyond.
Bookwyrm627: adalia is going to want lynches to happen.
I don't know what you mean...
Bookwyrm627: Certainties!
RW is going to be wrong.
-STOP ROLEPLAY-

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

I laughed so hard.

That made my day.

Thank you.

-RESUME ROLEPLAY-
Thank god someone posted so I could post this.

Ixamyakxim: According to yog I disappear whenever it loses traction and appear only when it gains traction. Perhaps I appear and disappear when it gains and loses traction. I'm like Schrodinger's Mafia Player.
When I read it this last night I laughed so hard... whichever side you're on and whatever happens I think you officially win the game with this comment...
Stealing that picture for later.
Bookwyrm627: Certainties!
RW is going to be wrong.
You forgot Quad is going to lurk! :P