It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Watching Ghost Fat... er shit sorry I mean Ghost Lab atm. Have you seen it? The researchers are a couple of fat lying cunt brothers. I wish the ghosts would come out and beat their f@cking asses.
Robbeasy: Not that bad - kinda inferred rather than graphic, mostly.
Well, you have to understand, I'm HYPER sensitive when it comes to anything having to do with torture. Even that short scene at the beginning of the first Lord of the Rings movie makes me a little squeamish.

inb4 "lol grow balls"
"13". Didn't really know what it was about; I just got it because Jason Statham was in it, and he's one of my favorites. Turned out to be a really good movie.

Personally, I tend to enjoy movies more when I don't know much about them beforehand; they just seem more interesting and gripping when I really don't know what to expect.
We watched Real Steel last night and I think Sylvester Stallone has a check coming.
I could have sworn I heard Adrian ... Adrian at the end ;-)
Post edited February 17, 2012 by Lou
I'm in a mood for some Steve McQueen movies, so I bought 4 of them :

The Cincinnati Kid (USA, 1965) :

An up-and-coming poker player tries to prove himself in a high-stakes match against a long-time master of the game.

I've never seen this movie before and I like it. The end of the movie is just awesome.
Crossfire Trail

Quite a fun western. Acting is good (Mark Harmon makes a great villain, it turns out), the plot is good, the gunfights are entertaining and sometimes creative, and it exudes the classic "when men were men" feel. Well, it would have to... it stars Tom Selleck.
COURAGEOUS!!!!!
WATCH IT!!!
Blow Up (1966)

Very great, but I can only recommend it to the small minority of film lovers who like very art house films and who can enjoy a movie for reasons other than plot development. Also, if you are going to watch it, then I would **highly** advise that you read nothing about it in advance...no reviews, no descriptions, no nothing (except this paragraph of course). Netflix's description of the movie pretty much gives away the biggest spoiler of the movie. A few other sites do something similar. Oh and watch it when there are no other sound distractions. Watching it at night by yourself is perfect.
Post edited February 27, 2012 by da187jimmbones
da187jimmbones: Blow Up (1966)

Very great, but I can only recommend it to the small minority of film lovers who like very art house films and who can enjoy a movie for reasons other than plot development. Also, if you are going to watch it, then I would **highly** advise that you read nothing about it in advance...no reviews, no descriptions, no nothing (except this paragraph of course). Netflix's description of the movie pretty much gives away the biggest spoiler of the movie. A few other sites do something similar. Oh and watch it when there are no other sound distractions. Watching it at night by yourself is perfect.
Sounds intriguing. As someone who got weird enjoyment out of STALKER (the film), I might want to check this out.
jefequeso: Sounds intriguing. As someone who got weird enjoyment out of STALKER (the film), I might want to check this out.
Stalker is my favorite Tarkovsky movie and is a complete masterpiece. Blow Up doesn't come close to it, and it's hard to recommend movies like this because you could just as easily hate it as you could like it. I do hope you enjoy it though. Feel free to let me know what you think if you get around to watching it (maybe via PM). I always like to hear others' movie opinions.
The last movie I watched was "Wild at heart".
It's a David Lynch film starring Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern as "runaway" couple.

It's actually really good, if you like his type of film, I recommend it to all lynch fans, aswell as people who's interested. It's not his best film, but it is indeed praiseworthy.
Post edited February 29, 2012 by Atropels
Le Quattro Volte (2010 - 87 minutes long - Italian - available now on Netflix Streaming)

As I said above about another movie, if you are going to watch this, I would highly recommend that you read nothing about it in advance...no reviews etc or even Netflix's description of it. This movie also deserves to be watched with no other sound distractions. At night by yourself is perfect.
Cross of Iron. I thought I had seen all the great war movies. This one flew under my radar.
The Avengers - Much better than I expected. I might even go as far as to say that it's the best "normal" (i.e, not Batman) superhero film I've seen. Light on plot and heavy on awesome fight scenes and quippy dialogue. Also, Hawkeye is boss.

The Expendables - From an objective point of view, it was mediocre at best. From the point of view of someone with a penis, it was gold. Pure testosterone at nearly every turn. And the scene in the basement with the automatic shotgun is probably one of my favorite action moments of all time. "Damn that was loud!"

Maverick - Enjoyable. It had some rough edges, but was mostly pretty solid, and really caught me by surprise with one of the twists at the end. And despite his recent looniness, Mel Gibson really was a good actor.
The last one that I watched was The Grey. Liam Neeson is fantastic, give this one a try if you like gritty action movies.