It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Yesterday, I watched the first Mad Max. It was... a strange movie all right. It had an interesting setting, but the story was going nowhere at times. It was also weird seeing Mel Gibson so young without his trademark chin.
I love that movie, I love the nowheres where it goes, I love how unfulfilling its ending turns out. It's indeed a strange movie, that does turn some codes upside down (not always certain how intentionally exactly).

And yeah, I'm nostalgic of the epoch where I liked mel gibson...
The Last few movies I watched at my theater were What Maisie Knew, Kon Tiki, Frances Ha, The Stories We Tell. All were pretty good. Frances Ha was probably my favorite, being a big Noah Bambach fan. It's a sort of Bildungsroman for a would-be New York artist told in a little more unconventional way. It was a love letter to Bambach's muse Greta Gerwig, who was fun to watch run around and do stuff.

We got to show A Clockwork Orange on print at our arthouse, probably one of the last times that'll ever happen. Very cool.
Suspiria - watched it last night. Wasn't bad, though considering how much praise I've seen for it, can't help but feel a little underwhelmed. What was with those sets?
Post edited June 18, 2013 by CrowTRobo
Yesterday and today, I watched two movies.
1) Beverly Hills Cop. It was a nice, light-hearted cop movie. Got to say that Eddie Murphy is a charming liar and the movie wouldn't be as good without him. Still, that laugh makes him sound like a donkey or something.
2) Death Race the Remake. I was disappointed that they didn't keep the spirit of the original. You know, the spirit that was also responsible for the influence of Carmageddon; Running over pedestrians. Oh well, Jason Statham is a badass, the stunts are crazy, the movie is fast-paced. Yeah, I liked it quite a bit despite the disappointment.
Last movie I watched was The Negotiator, because I just happened to change the channel when it was first coming on and decided to enjoy the rest of it.
Still a great movie imo.
Post edited June 19, 2013 by H3xx
Last film I saw was Man of Steel. (SOME SPOILERS)

While I don't share the vitriolic hatred that others have expressed towards this movie, I really didn't think it was all that great. The abrupt flashbacks to the past were really annoying (and most of them came out of nowhere, expect for one), and in some of them I almost got mad (in one flashback, Clark saves a group of kids on a bus he was riding from drowning, after the event he asked his dad a question whether or not he should've saved them because of his special powers and to keep people from knowing, and his response was "Eh...maybe."). Most of the actors (except maybe Zod) really didn't give that much of a crap for their roles, they really just read their lines in a uninterested tone. The pacing was all over the place, it doesn't stay put in one place for long but then it stays on one seen for longer than it really should.

Positives? Well...the film had some of the best looking CGI I've seen this year, it was beautiful to look at. The action I guess was kind of done well (but some of it was done so fast it was kind of hard to focus on some of it). The beginning (minus one part) I thought was solid. And I thought the actor who played Zod was interesting (to a small degree) and tried to give some what of a shit.

This movie was pretty mediocre for the most part.
Post edited June 19, 2013 by RayRay13000
Watched World War Z last night. It's very light on horror elements (more jump scares, less blood), but it's heavier on smarter, (mostly) scientific, thriller elements, which I like. Most of the action scenes you've already seen in the trailers (with the exception of at least 1 minor and 1 major set-piece). Not a must-see movie or anything, but an entertaining film to watch in theaters, if anyplace (as it's always amusing to see the people in front of you leap two feet in the air from a jump scare). I don't recommend the 3D version, much of the faster-paced action sequences were a messy blur. It's not as heavy on CGI as the trailers make it out to be, at least.

Now I see Hulu added the live-action Fist of the North Star, so I'll be watching that later even though I have a good idea of what I'm getting myself into. :)
I just watch the pilot of "crossing lines" (american0-euro procedural show). I usually don't watch modern procedurals, and certainly not french ones ... now this one entertained me way more than expected. The cast was kind of the biggest surprise and I really loved the whole of it, and regarding the scenario/setting despite having a bit of cheesy dialogues here and there, it's entertaining nonetheles and I'm definitely eager to watch the next installement.
Post edited June 25, 2013 by Potzato
I recently saw the newest Star Trek film, Into Darkness. The thing I remember most is how scandalized I felt paying $11.50 to see it. My friend, who I saw it with, and I could purchase the DVD for our combined cost! That and the $5.25 for a "medium" tub of soda.

The movie itself was very shiny.
Just saw Man of Steel with my friend the other day. Meh. I've never had a huge stiffy for superhero movies (except for Batman. Those are goooood!), so I guess this wasn't up my alley to begin with. However, the dramatic moments were rather tepid. I appreciated The Avengers more, as it didn't really try to have an involving story, so more time was allocated to pure fun, which it did very well. Basically, I wouldn't go watch Man of Steel again unless I was going with a very pretty girl.
Post edited June 25, 2013 by JohnWalrus
Saw bits and pieces of Shutter Island on cable. Seemed like my type of movie, unfortunately it was on a channel that loved to censor the crap out of it. So, I didn't pay too much attention to it while gaming. I may have to download that one. Unfortunately, I was paying attention more towards the end...so the ending is spoiled already.
Oldboy...*shudders*, that is the most fucked up Korean film I have ever seen.
Olympus has fallen and its remake white house down, now a days the dont even wait few months to make remakes
both are okey action movies
Watched The Hobbit the other day.

Decent enough, but the best part - it's full of dwarfs!
Of all the races. I love dwarfs the most (in all fantasy games).
2001: A Space Odyssey

Haven't seen it since I was a kid and only watched part of it then. Of course I didn't understand it at all.

Just finished reading all of the books and picked up the blue ray version. I don't think it even needs to be said that the movie is a masterpiece. I especially love the soundtrack, György Ligeti's Requiem is horrifying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawSCvuGj4o
Post edited July 06, 2013 by Dahmer666