It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
this is AMAZING customer service! It's unreal to see a company in this day and age that still cares about more than the bottom line, and this act proves that GOG is the right place for me. Thank you so much for you're efforts and I'll be a returning customer here for years to come!
I'm thinking maybe I slightly took advantage of the system? *shrug* Then again, why should I not partake in GOG offering refunds for everyone? After all, the two times I gave NMS a proper go, which didn't last past a few of hours each, bored the piss out of me - before and after Atlas update. From what I'm reading, this new update even adds new interface/control hurdles. No, thanks and good riddance.

Instead I'll get to play something now that actually interests me from the JP sale: Trails in the Sky 3, Cosmic Star Heroine, and a VN. :) So, thank you, GOG. It's not like you won't make back that money really quick from me, since you are my preferred games shop. ;)
Don't really care that much about MP, so I can wait, but this is a great service from GOG.
GOG has my back, again. I'm not going to refund, just because GoG is awesome.

Nor will I judge anyone who takes them up on the offer. I know those who do take the refund are just going to be more likely to spend more money on GoG in the future by preference compared to other platforms.

Thanks GOG!
Mikeachim: I couldn't care less about multiplayer right now. I certainly DO care about companies that are so concerned with making their customers happy that they're brave enough to offer refunds when they really didn't have to. Amazing job, folks. This was so lovely to see. And why I'll continue to be a happy GOG punter.

I don't get the hate towards Hello Games in this thread (eg. @lankester) - haven't they done enough yet to show they genuinely want to turn NMS into what they originally promised it'd be, and are working their asses off towards that goal? Even if they fall short, surely they must get credit for not grabbing the money and doing a runner, dissolving the company behind them, which we've all seen elsewhere. They're still improving it, two years on, even as the massively negative reviews kept pouring in, which must be a miserable atmosphere to go to work in. There aren't many big-budget developers who are this committed (the team behind The Long Dark being another good example). That said. I didn't buy NMS on release so I'm privileged and protected from that initial disappointment in that respect. I purchased a year after release, when the fixes were starting to come in....

Anyway. Hats off to GOG/CD Projekt for offering this, and I don't regret choosing you over Steam when I bought NMS. And hats off to Hello Games for working hard to get this game right. Means a lot in both cases.
Hate is unwarranted, but at the same time, Sean Murray and hello games do not deserve praise either. If you order a pasta dish, and the chef brings you out a dish with a single goldfish cracker and a juice box, then 2 years later comes out, wiped the dish off with a dirty towel and deposits 1/4 of the dish you originally ordered, does he deserve praise? Does he deserve a pat on the back? Do people who criticize him deserve scorn?

No. He would have been sacked for the original gaffe. Anyone angry at him 2 years later looks foolish, but nobody would be praising him either.

Murray outright lied about NMS, the clips and screenshots on the steam page still dont reflect the game itself, in either a gameplay, world, or GUI sense, and he doesnt deserve praise for not finishing the game. Especially as their updates seem haphazard, buggy, and miss the point that NMS was boring and nowhere close to the promised final product. Now, if he were to finish the game, iron out all the bugs, and deliver some extra content for free? That MIGHT be worthy of praise, if it didnt take 5 decades to do.

So good on GoG for being the bigger man here and refunding the game. I think I'll take that money and buy up some other stuff. I have a backlog of games on GoG to buy.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by TheinsanegamerN
Thank you for that offer - awesome customer service.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by Pingupappa
Who do I talk to to see if one of those returns... fell off the back of a truck?
The contact customer support link does not seem to be working. Using the Galaxy client it attempts to connect several times rapidly then says too many login attempts try again later
wait, people still complaining about this game and now they want more refunds? dafuq? Didn't they read the reception the 1st time around when the game was originally released. FailFish
I asked for a refund, had the refund granted, the game was removed from my library, and $0.00 was added to my wallet. Now I'm out the game and the money. What gives?
Classy, GoG. This is one of the many reasons you are my preferred supplier.
People of GOG: I don't own No Man's Sky (and seems I bullet-time-dodged a humongous stinker there), but I had to write here to applaud The GOG Way. Splendid costumer service. Simply splendid.
I said "Thanks" earlier, but after watching some Twitch streams I feel the game's advanced enough past it's initial release issues (which stopped me purchasing it) to show my thanks now - game purchased, tnx GOG.
I looked through the thread and expected people to be thanking GoG for providing a refund. Amazed to find a host of entitled spastics complaining. First world problems?
Post edited July 27, 2018 by eversonic
eversonic: I looked through the thread and expected people to be thanking GoG for providing a refund. Amazed to find a host of entitled spastics complaining. First world problems?
Well you are in Canada.

Compared to Canadians, the rest of the world pretty much is all entitled complaining spastics.

EDIT!
Wait a minute! You just changed that! :P
Post edited July 27, 2018 by tinyE