It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A farming adventure with a dash of magic – Everdream Valley is an absolutely adorable farming simulator discounted -20% during our ongoing Summer Sale! And to make things even better and more cute…

For the next 72 hours (until June 18th, 2 PM UTC) you can claim its awesome Goodies containing lovely avatars of animals from the game, alongside gorgeous, printable coloring pages! A perfect gift for yourself or your loved ones (depending who dream of super cute alpacas more often).

In the game itself, during the day, your quest will be to transform your charming homestead into a haven of summer delight. Cultivate crops, tend to animals, and reconstruct to your heart's desire. As the night falls though, you’ll surprisingly venture into your dreams to inhabit the various farmland creatures, and bring enchantment into the valley.

Countryside relaxation doesn’t get better than that!

Check out Everdream Valley, claim its Goodies and make sure to browse more than 5400 other amazing deals within Summer Sale!
high rated
one of the only farming games with manual saving and multiple save slots. incredible that it has to be pointed out, should be a given.
Dohi64: one of the only farming games with manual saving and multiple save slots. incredible that it has to be pointed out, should be a given.
Yes, it's great that you can save at any time, not forcing you to play through a whole day before quitting :)
Thanks for the bits and pieces
I highly recommend this game, it's really lovely and you can fully relax running in grass and enjoying discovering the handmade locations in a feeling of a very long "child" summer :)
Attachments:
screen.jpg (419 Kb)
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Splatsch
I recommend it too :)

Here's a tip for new players! Anything you want more of, sell it to the shopkeeper, then he will start ordering it in for you :) And you don't have to chop down trees, just chop until they get into the red, then move on to the next tree. They'll regenerate soon so you can get wood from them again :)
Dohi64: one of the only farming games with manual saving and multiple save slots. incredible that it has to be pointed out, should be a given.
That is indeed very nice. Almost makes up for all that steam-exclusive loot.
Uilos: Yes, it's great that you can save at any time, not forcing you to play through a whole day before quitting :)
If you need to save every 10 minutes that's an issue and not fun.
Uilos: Yes, it's great that you can save at any time, not forcing you to play through a whole day before quitting :)
Swissy88: If you need to save every 10 minutes that's an issue and not fun.
I might be misunderstanding what you mean, sorry, English isn't my native language, but I only have to save before quitting for the day so I go hours between saving, if you hare having issues with the stability of the game, please do report it to the devs so they can look into it. They have been very hands on so far :)
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Uilos
high rated
That's not an issue that's a feature that every game should have. I dislike autosave-only games and I really hate it when it's a single-slot autosave with no chapter select. Then I literally have to make my own multiple save backups.

I will save scum whether the dev likes it or not, so may as well make it easily accessible.
high rated
SargonAelther: That's not an issue that's a feature that every game should have. I dislike autosave-only games and I really hate it when it's a single-slot autosave with no chapter select. Then I literally have to make my own multiple save backups.

I will save scum whether the dev likes it or not, so may as well make it easily accessible.
I hate autosave-only games. If I pay for a game, especially if I'm being told it's supposed to be a relaxing game, I want to have full control of my save files :)

And I like it when game developers accept that different people enjoy different things and allow us to play how we want to :) Especially some can be a bit of old and grumpy, wanting everyone to have fun "the correct way" as they see it, and putting needless limitations in their games. Nice to see a more friendly studio who are more open to people making their own fun :)
SargonAelther: That's not an issue that's a feature that every game should have. I dislike autosave-only games and I really hate it when it's a single-slot autosave with no chapter select. Then I literally have to make my own multiple save backups.

Uilos: I hate autosave-only games. If I pay for a game, especially if I'm being told it's supposed to be a relaxing game, I want to have full control of my save files :)

And I like it when game developers accept that different people enjoy different things and allow us to play how we want to :) Especially some can be a bit of old and grumpy, wanting everyone to have fun "the correct way" as they see it, and putting needless limitations in their games. Nice to see a more friendly studio who are more open to people making their own fun :)
I'm the oldest and grumpiest, but also a big advocate for more options in games. practically never works in farming games, those devs are somehow a lot less receptive of feedback regarding basic functionality, so even if brought up during early access, it'll never happen. or in 8 fucking years in case of stardew valley.

do you know any farming or similar games besides this, big farm story, wylde flowers and my time at sandrock (still in early access) where you can at least simply save & exit without losing progress? (don't even necessarily want multiple slots anymore, though sandrock has that too I think, just let me stop when I want/have to.)
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Dohi64
I also recommend this game. I have been having a lot of fun with it. It is great that you can save whenever you want so you don't have to lose your progress if you need to quit before ending a day, and multiple slots just in case you have to go back, want to start another game to try something different, or have another family member who wants to play. It also has an autosave feature when you sleep at night, just in case you need it because you sold something you actually needed for a quest - although the trader will keep it and sell it back to you, for double! (Hey, he's a trader, he has to make money!)

The game is colorful, fairly chill, and fun. There are a lot of options for how you want to set up your farm, the forest, and I understand eventually we get a treehouse. Most of the mini-games haven't been too bad (so far), and a QoL update means most can now be skipped if you prefer. The devs listen and keep the GOG version updated usually within a few days of testing out a patch or update on Steam.

Tip: The secret to chasing off wolves as a dog is to bark. (Left mouse button or corresponding controller key)
I really don't know how the grandparents slept thru it. ;)

Note: The game also works for several of us on Windows 7 SP1 (64 bit)
Post edited June 15, 2023 by bjgamer
Uilos: I hate autosave-only games. If I pay for a game, especially if I'm being told it's supposed to be a relaxing game, I want to have full control of my save files :)

Dohi64: I'm the oldest and grumpiest, but also a big advocate for more options in games. practically never works in farming games, those devs are somehow a lot less receptive of feedback regarding basic functionality, so even if brought up during early access, it'll never happen. or in 8 fucking years in case of stardew valley.

do you know any farming or similar games besides this, big farm story, wylde flowers and my time at sandrock (still in early access) where you can at least simply save & exit without losing progress? (don't even necessarily want multiple slots anymore, though sandrock has that too I think, just let me stop when I want/have to.)
It seems very rare in farming games, sadly. Stardew Valley has a mod that allow saving anywhere but I prefer not having to download mods just to be able to stop playing when I want, to be honest.

Graveyard Keeper is kind of a farming game, and you can save when you want but not where you want. If I remember correctly it saves when you get out of bed, which means that you don't have to have a full sleep, you can just pop into bed and quickly get back up again and the game will save. So you can still continue the same day next time you play. There's a teleport stone though so you can get back home right away when you want to save :)

I was happily surprised to see that Everdream Valley lets us save when we want, it's a big part to why I'm so pleased with the game. One thing that people forget about when advocating for save-at-end-of-day in games is that everyone isn't perfectly healthy. I can't play all day without pain anymore. The issues in my hands/wrists/arms comes from games like Stardew Valley. Maybe as the years go by they too will get similar issues and then they too will be asking for a way to stop playing exactly when the pain starts, and not 15+ minutes after.
Dohi64: I'm the oldest and grumpiest, but also a big advocate for more options in games. practically never works in farming games, those devs are somehow a lot less receptive of feedback regarding basic functionality, so even if brought up during early access, it'll never happen. or in 8 fucking years in case of stardew valley.

Uilos: It seems very rare in farming games, sadly. Stardew Valley has a mod that allow saving anywhere but I prefer not having to download mods just to be able to stop playing when I want, to be honest.

Graveyard Keeper is kind of a farming game, and you can save when you want but not where you want. If I remember correctly it saves when you get out of bed, which means that you don't have to have a full sleep, you can just pop into bed and quickly get back up again and the game will save. So you can still continue the same day next time you play. There's a teleport stone though so you can get back home right away when you want to save :)

I was happily surprised to see that Everdream Valley lets us save when we want, it's a big part to why I'm so pleased with the game. One thing that people forget about when advocating for save-at-end-of-day in games is that everyone isn't perfectly healthy. I can't play all day without pain anymore. The issues in my hands/wrists/arms comes from games like Stardew Valley. Maybe as the years go by they too will get similar issues and then they too will be asking for a way to stop playing exactly when the pain starts, and not 15+ minutes after.
yeah, heard of that stardew mod but I'm on the same page as you. and unfortunately with people buying it without any standards or expectations about basic qol, the dev can stick to his 'vision' and waste players' time all he wants, because it's clearly not an issue of not knowing how to add save & exit to it.

I also have graveyard keeper, haven't played it yet but I keep telling devs that having to go back home to save 'anytime' is not anytime. the teleport home thing is handy, not losing the rest of the day if you save at 2pm is also good, but I'm sure that stone isn't starting equipment and you still have to go back to where you teleported home from next time. and yet it's still better than 99% of these games offer.